Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2010, 11:00   #1
BHPian

Introduction

Hi All,

The name RegularIndian, well I believe thats what I am. From an automobile perspective grew up on my dad's scooter..lambretta n then LML. Got my first hand with a four wheeler on my cousin's Mark II Amby (no power steering).

The real journey began with a Maruti Omni some 15 years back that serviced me for a good 10 years before being stolen from right outside by house in a 'gated community'. It was a great automobile awesome space, good driving position , mileage and typical Maruti.

Started working and with three drivers in the family, Dad, Sister and Self haggling for a single car..it was time to buy a second one..a Black Santro which is still doing the duty after a good 7 years.

Got married, got promoted, got more money and with the Omni gone a second car was again the need and yes..one more driver, wifey!

Came in a Baleno some 6 yrs ago and touchwood! the best car ever driven. Smooth, powerful, spacious, never failed me, ultra low maintenance cost.

Been driving my FIL's DZire, Friends Ikon and BIL's Accent Viva too so pretty much all variety of cars driven..oh and how can I forget the omnipresent Swift.

So why RegularIndian..well I think Im a typical automobile owner in India. Looks for the best, value for money, keeps cars for long, looks for a status symbol etc. Although an engineer and I understand a car's anatomy well but still not too much into the tech stuff besides what matters - Engine, Suspension, Safety ,Reliability, Service. Not a debater between Petrol/Diesel , Hatch/Sedan but certainly as aspirant for an SUV..I know what would satisfy me...One from Suzuki, SX4's engine on Gypsy's Frame (minus the leafsprings). Anyway, I guess I'l have to wait for that.

That's me...and yes as you grow the desire for more grows bigger..so another car given the Baleno's paint is giving way, its completing 6 years, sometimes I need another car ..so been thinking of replacement/addition for quiet some time. Finally made up my mind...more on that next time

Simply love reading threads here and I guess its time now to give in my two cents as well...

Ciao!
Old 10th December 2010, 13:58   #2

Re: Introduction

Hey good to have you here. Somewhere in your journey your forgot to mention ur TVS Spectra...did its duty during ur IIT days :-) & Galina too
Old 10th December 2010, 15:57   #3
BHPian

Oh yeah..how could I forget that, super scooter "TVS Spectra" and the Hero Puch that actually gave me over 91kpml for a good three years
Old 11th December 2010, 06:39   #4
BHPian

Neat review, however you could have mentioned about your name & occupation(if you wish to)
Welcome to Team-BHP and you have lot of threads to give your information about your new buy.

Happy and safe motoring
Old 11th December 2010, 08:05   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularIndian View Post
Hi All,
Came in a Baleno some 6 yrs ago and touchwood! the best car ever driven. Smooth, powerful, spacious, never failed me, ultra low maintenance cost.
Ciao!
Welcome to the forum. Can't help expressing the same sentiments about Baleno. I too have a Baleno since 2003 and I have no plans of discarding it. Marvelous car, trouble-free, very low maintenance and very comfortable to drive. I recently sold my 20K Km driven swift vxi and booked a Scorpio VLX AT. Expecting the delivery in Jan. After experience a Baleno, I never liked my swift. I don't know why the car never made it in the market.
Old 11th December 2010, 22:24   #6
BHPian

Thanks for the welcome camchennai & mbhangui...

camchennai, I am a management consultant..and whats' in a name
mbhangui, well, I guess Baleno lost its charm when the prices were dropped...and a lot had been written about its so called plain looks .... no one talked about the all independent mcpherson struts that were not available in any other car in that price...and people who drive them know what difference it makes

My new buy....Etios...do read the booking experience post I made sometime back
Old 12th December 2010, 17:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess Baleno lost its charm when the prices were dropped..
My new buy....Etios...do read the booking experience post I made sometime back
I own a Baleno too and will keep it as long as the car wants to be with us. 5.5 years and 70k kms rattle the car is as rattle free as it came to us from the showroom. A solidly built car from Maruti - if there was ohe.

Bought an Innova last year so the Baleno has seen a bit less mileage but still my love for the car has not diminished in anyway!

If I replace the Baleno, the Etios is a serious contender!
Old 12th December 2010, 19:43   #8
BHPian

Yeah Buffetfan well said about the Baleno and good to know your thoughts around the Etios...and there is one more thing common between us...My Baleno was bought in Hyderabad , drive it for 2 yrs there before I moved back to Delhi , my hometown..

I remember those baleno drives encircling Husain Sagar and around the secret lake...where else in Hyd city could one touch 100 kmph ...
Old 13th December 2010, 21:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah Buffetfan well said about the Baleno and good to know your thoughts around the Etios...and there is one more thing common between us...My Baleno was bought in Hyderabad , drive it for 2 yrs there before I moved back to Delhi , my hometown..

I remember those baleno drives encircling Husain Sagar and around the secret lake...where else in Hyd city could one touch 100 kmph ...
Now there is one more place where you can do safe high speed cruising. The newly built airport expressway from Gachhibowli to Airport. I do drive on that road from time to time just for the heck of it. Of course the Baleno is more joy to drive on it than the Innova.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks