Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2010, 10:23   #1
BHPian

A big Hello From the Land of Sea & Sand!!

Yes. You guessed it right. I hail from the 365 days holiday location in India. Goa. Panjim city to be precise. I came across The TeamBHP forum during the year 2008, And I must admit, i am glued to this forum. Next i subscribed the RSS feeds.And since then I am a regular reader. The sheer quality of the information, the attention to attention to detail, The incredible vocabulary all contribute to the larger than life experience of the forum.

About me, I consider myself a simpleton, currently studying third year of Electronics Engineering.I have always shared a soft corner for cars. My love for cars dates back to my childhood, My second Birthday cake was actually a Gypsy! I have grown up playing with scale models and reading auto magazines. My friends too have made a clear notion about me, who would whistle at a gorgeous car than a girl!

I am still in a trance. During the last whole year I have read through lot many number of intros, all stressing on how difficult it is to get into the Team. So all set, I set with pen and notepad
to find out why I want to join the Team.And believe me, words just flowed through my fingers(This never happened during my exams!) and I had nearly a 2 page "why T-BHP?" answer. That was nearly four times the 120 words needed. Another day went in for Editing and Finally I am here with just one attempt.
Thanks a lot mods , I am overwhelmed. Wrote the form on a lazy Sunday and passed each day checking my mail every now and then, till Thursday when I read the Heavenly words "APPROVED".

My current ride is a 2005 Zen Lx. I love it to the core. It was bought pre-worshipped at true value. I took a great amount of risk to go in for a car already clocked 1 lakh km. But now, after a year ,I don't repent . Except the normal service i never needed to visit the A.S.S.( i have kept my fingers crossed).
It has clocked 12k kms since and doing pretty fine. Its in stock condition as yet. But asthetic mods coming up soon.

I know being 19 I didn't gather some real road experience, But i guess everyone has to wait till 18 to start truly experiencing the road.My travel has been limited to in and around Goa.

Being from the perfect holiday destination , I believe i Can assure the Team, ample support when in Goa I always wanted to grow up into a petrolhead , Own a decent garage and tour India. Driving is sheer bliss. Looking forward to a great on board experience.

aktarcar.
Old 21st December 2010, 14:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: A big Hello From the Land of Sea & Sand!!

Dear Aktarcar, Welcome

Wonderful to have you here at the right time!! I would be visiting your place in another week!! Enjoy ur stay here. Safe driving.
Old 21st December 2010, 14:36   #3
BHPian

Hi Aktarcar, welcome to the mecca of information of the Automobile industry.

As rightly mentioned by Alphakilo that you are at right place at right time. I will be in touch if i happen to visit to Goa.
Old 21st December 2010, 16:13   #4
BHPian

@Alphakilo and dkb007 thanks for the warm welcome. And I assure you best time in goa. All roads are done up and the beach line is buzzing with parties. It indeed is the best time to be in goa.
Old 21st December 2010, 17:10   #5
BHPian

Welcome to the team aktarcar, (do explain what you username stands for in the relevant thread)!!

No better place to find the best information for anything and everything relating to automobiles. A newbie myself, I cant say enough to appreciate the efforts of the team and the contributors here. Kudos to the team!!

Follow the rules, Happy driving and let the information flow!!

Regards,
Kalesh
Old 22nd December 2010, 05:00   #6
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP Aktarcar, excellent write up and looking forward to see a ownership report of your "pre-worshipped" Zen.

Happy and safe motoring
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:02   #7
BHPian

@kalesh yes i'll surely explain my handle in the relevant thread.

@camchennai yes the pre worshipped ownership report coming up soon.was just waiting for it to get its new seat covers to suit the pictures.
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:29   #8
BHPian

Welcome aktarcar,

There's a bunch of car crazy bhpians from goa, and we do meet once in while, hope to see you sometime.

Cheers,

Amit

Last edited by techn0l0gist : 22nd December 2010 at 15:38.
Old 22nd December 2010, 16:30   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist View Post
Welcome aktarcar,

There's a bunch of car crazy bhpians from goa, and we do meet once in while, hope to see you sometime.

Cheers,

Amit
It feels great to hear that there is a whole bunch of car fanatics in goa.Recently the number of t-bhp stickers spotted is also increasing. I am waiting for my set of stickers.
Old 22nd December 2010, 18:40   #10
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard buddy!

You sure are blessed with great roads in Goa. Silky smooth and the scenery to match. Maybe i'll move there for a while... or more realistically, maybe i'll vacation there again soon!

Glad to see you made it onto the forum in the first shot

cya around,
R
Old 22nd December 2010, 18:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

A.K.Tarcar, A warm welcome from another Goan who is currently stuck in Pune!!
Old 22nd December 2010, 21:10   #12
BHPian

@ rehaan and hammerhead thanks a ton for the warm welcome. Looking forward to a great time.Even though I have been reading for last two years, its a bit difficult to start posting .
Old 22nd December 2010, 21:13   #13
BHPian

Welcome aktarcar, last week I was in panjim and was hopping around Goa for couple of days. nice place, nice people and nice cars .
Old 22nd December 2010, 21:34   #14
BANNED

Welcome to TBHP. I'm from Panjim too. Hope to meet you soon. Do come for the TBHP meets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktarcar View Post
Recently the number of t-bhp stickers spotted is also increasing.
Most of those are Non-BHPians. So beware. Goa being a small place you'll get to know the real BHPians personally. Whenever you see a stickered car just ask the driver for his handle. If he has no idea what you're talking about, he's a fake.

Last edited by Live To Jive : 22nd December 2010 at 21:35. Reason: Gramatical Error
Old 22nd December 2010, 21:41   #15
BHPian

yes BulZire. There is already the thread running on exotics spotted in Goa.

@live to jive I didn't expect the stickered cars to belong to non bhpians . Thanks for the info.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks