Team-BHP - Hi BHPians
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hi BHPians (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/9409-hi-bhpians.html)

I stumbled across this site while researching what car I should buy. And gotta admit that this site is cool and you guys rock. I was pretty impressed by all the auto gyan that you guys got to share. And thanks for all the tips which made me decide on which car to buy.

Well, my username says it all, right ? Yes, the Baleno.
It is 8 months since I got the black Baleno Lxi home and I am happy with it.
FE is like 12kmpl in Chennai traffic and 16kmpl on highways (both with a/c on).
The highway FE would have been better if I had stuck to driving below 100kmph. But it was my first blast on the highway (Chennai to Coimbatore) and I could not resist the urge to let the baby go. Did a max of 140kmph on the stretch between Chennai - Tindivanam which is a new, good highway.

Looking forward to getting more useful info from this site.

Hi supremeBaleno welcome to Team-Bhp.

We do have a lot of Baleno lovers and ownes here. Heard its got a perfect driver's seat! Any mods ?

hey supremebaleno

welcome to tbhp and to the club of proud baleno owners.post some pics in the bhp garage.
and enjoy your stay

Rev

You mean you picked the Black Baleno Lxi after reading the reviews in this site, that too 8 months back? Well, that's around the same time I bought my Black Baleno Lxi.:)

Anyway, I am glad you decided to join the T-BHP finally.

However keep in mind. In this forum there used to be a supreme or super baleno which was the ultimate example of what a Baleno could be. Anyway, that's brings us to the question, what are your mods?

Team-bhp ku varaverkirom,supremebaleno.

Good choice,man. Hope to meet u soon.

Welcome to the forum, have a great stay.

Welcome to Team-BHP.
Enjoy your stay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas
Hi supremeBaleno welcome to Team-Bhp.

We do have a lot of Baleno lovers and ownes here. Heard its got a perfect driver's seat! Any mods ?

[SIZE=2]The driving position is spot on..I did close to 750 kms (with a slipped disc in my L5-s1 joint) of driving from mumbai to hyd this august without any backache at all!!![/SIZE]

Welcome to TBHP supremebaleno...have a great stay and enjoy yourself!!

hi supremebaleno welcome to team bhp have a nice time around.

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

jkdas / samurai, no mods yet. and i guess there will not be any in the future too as I am paranoid about tampering with anything and prefer to keep it the way it came from the factory. call me old-fashioned if you will. :-)

agree with buffetfan about the driving seat. It is perfect.
nitrous, varaverppu-kku nandri. :-)

Hey Supremo!!
Glad to here that you got the most popular tuner car in the country...
Ur baleno will feel pretty comfy here coz this is the home town of baleno's.

I am sorry to say, U cant call yourself old fashioned just bcoz u dont want to modd ur car....

Everyone is different and think different.

For some guys(me), modding and having a car thats different from all other is the ultimate.
For someone else(you), caring for the car and keeping the car the way you received it from the factory is ultimate.

You are right in your own way and I am too....

Once again welcome and enjoy ur stay here...
Buddies we are!!

Hi SupremeBaleno,

Welcome to Team BHP. Its a great site as you mentioned and I am a member for about a month (less maybe). I have a one year old Baleno and the only scratches she has got is from the wind blowing into her at over 150 kmph on the highway. She is super comfortable, steady, accelerates like a dream (off with you Skodas) and very pretty. I know there are people who don't like her behind much, but dont worry, one won't get to see much of that anyways;)

Its great to be an "original man". However, please Oplease: get a wider tyre upgrade for your Baleno. Alloys---all the more better. It is worth every penny. You will also do your insurance company a BIG FAVOR.

burjiis, agree 100% with you. the baleno is AWESOME - to use just one word.
When i was planning to buy it, you could count on your fingers the Balenos in Chennai (atleast the ones seen on the road). and most of them were the old variety ie. the 8L plus types without any Lxi / Vxi tag. You can't imagine the trouble me and my wife had to take to observe the different colored Balenos available on the road (to make a decision ourselves). In Tidel Park where I work, there were just 2 Balenos. And in a matter of 8 months, it has been a Baleno explosion. Tidel Park has around 9 today and increasing by the day. Today I saw a new S.Silver Lxi with the "For Regn" tag.

It is amazing how a car which no one wanted for years (introduced in 1999) is suddenly everyone's choice. Reasons could be decrease in price, the nearest competitor Accent becoming too common etc. If u look up the sales figures for Esteem/Baleno on the Maruti website, you could see this sudden surge in sales of these cars during the last couple of years. And that too when you have more options in this range (Indigo, Petra, Corsa, Accent, Flair, Ford1.6 etc) compared to 1999.

[SIZE=2]general_neo, you are maybe under-estimating my paranoia. :-)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]To give an example, i wanted to go for sunfilm for the windows, but decided not to bcos it would involve opening the door panels. Apart from a general mindset, i guess this fear has to do with a mod that I did on my previous car which screwed up my happiness. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]We had an M800 which drove like a dream without any issues whatsoever for the 1st 18 years of its life (have even done a few straight Chennai - Kerala runs lasting 17 hours or so). And then I did the stupidest thing of my life - converted it to LPG. It never felt the same after that day and also gave lots of problems (breakdowns etc). [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]That was one helluva car - 23kmpl on highways (no a/c), trouble free (till LPG conversion). Sold it for 40K just before buying the Baleno. Not a bad resale value I guess, considering that we bought it for 59K, 20 years ago. [/SIZE]