Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2010, 12:45   #1

Hello from a fellow Petrolhead

Hello fellow Petrolheads!

First things first - my real name is pretty well hidden in my login name, and so I hope my privacy is taken care of here

Coming to my profile w.r.t. wheels, I've been burning gas on my own for just over 2 decades now, since I was in my mid-teens. Started with my sister's Luna TFR Plus, then graduated to my dad's Bajaj Super scooter and Premier Padmini car, before being gifted with a Kawasaki Bajaj RTZ for my driving skills. Kept the same till my first job when I bought my own Hero Honda CBZ, which I quickly sold and graduated to Daewoo Matiz SA in 2000. After that it was a succession of wheels following the classic middle-income Indian rat-race up the segments - Tata Indica DLX (2002), Tata Indigo LX (2004) and Tata Indigo DLX (2005). The last one I sold off in 2009 before I headed to Australia for a mid-career break to do a 1-year post-grad degree in Management.

Now I'm back in India with a new job in a new city ... but without any ride of my own! Bangalore's Vajra (Volvo bus) service is proving to be a god-send, so I'm currently in absolutely no hurry to shod myself new wheels.

Driving experience-wise, I've toured pretty much all over Karnataka and parts of Kerala. Outside India, I've driven quite a bit in Austria-Germany (top speed 200kmph on the German Autobahn in a VW Transporter van with 7 screaming colleagues on board ; max duration is 14 hours doing Munich-Nuremberg-Vienna overnight at almost 160 kmph throughout with just a 1-hour break in the middle), and a little in Australia.

Current status is that I booked a Toyota Etios VX on Dec 3, and have been promised delivery in Mar-Apr '11.

Interests outside automobiles include pretty much anything related to technology, management, atheism and Bollywood.

For Team-BHP, for starters, I plan to upload initial and long-term ownership reports of Toyota Etios.

Looking forward to a long-term relation with Team-BHP!

Cheers!
Old 28th December 2010, 13:13   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello from a fellow Petrolhead

welcome to the family !!
Old 29th December 2010, 02:33   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh_shenoy View Post
I'm currently in absolutely no hurry to shod myself new wheels.

Current status is that I booked a Toyota Etios VX on Dec 3, and have been promised delivery in Mar-Apr '11.

Cheers!
Hey Rajesh, Welcome to team-BHP.

Contradicting two statements

If possible please share a travelogue of your autobahn drive. thanks

Happy and safe motoring.
Old 29th December 2010, 10:13   #4

@S001 Thanks! A hearty welcome to you too...!
@camchennai Haha! Nice catch. What I meant was that even tho' the delivery is a good 3-4 months away, I really don't mind waiting as I'm in no hurry! I guess I would have definitely NOT booked the car right now if the waiting period was not that long. Also, thanks for your wishes ... and the great suggestion. Will start working on that travelogue soon.
@All Cheers!
Old 29th December 2010, 10:35   #5
BHPian

Welcome .Rajesh to the world of petrolheads.Have a great time here .Write a review of your Etios when it comes into your hands.
Cheers
SHK
Old 1st January 2011, 10:17   #6

Well, well, well! How quickly things change, when you are in great company (read: YOU)!

It's now a Honda Jazz that we will be going for, cancelling the Toyota Etios booking!

For the thought-process behind this decision, see my other thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...da-jazz-x.html

Cheers to all!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks