Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2010, 01:04   #1
BHPian

Hello World !

Hi All ,

I've a confession to make. I joined Team-BHP some 3 years back, and was never an active member. Team-BHP used to be my bible/newspaper/encyclopedia of automobiles even though I never logged in or participated in the discussions.

I love driving and I love automobiles; but I have never been good at the mechanicals of an automobile. Yeah, I'm a novice still. This has been a learning curve for me. My earlier membership got expired and I tried registering once again. My membership got rejected but I desperately wanted to become a Team-BHPian again. So, here I am, flaunting my newly created membership and all thanks are due to the moderators who finally understood my sincere request. I feel that I'm in elite company now and I, as a responsible member, should contribute or at least, be an active member. I promise I will.

About me, I've a Verna CRDi (November, 2007) which I love to bits, in the family. Earlier, we used to have a Daewoo Matiz which served us faithfully right from 1999 till 2007 when we went in for the Verna. Prior to that, we had a Premier Padmini ( 1978 make) which we had bought in 1993. Actually, that was the first car in the family. I also have a battered old Kinetic at my home which still occupies pride of place in the garage at home.

And finally about myself, I'm from Kerala and Trivandrum is my hometown. I was working for a while in Hyderabad and now I am back to being a student doing my masters in business administration at Pune. Being a student and vehicle-less in Pune, my love for automobiles has grown even further.

Cheers and keep revving,
DTox.
Old 29th December 2010, 01:29   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello World !

Welcome aboard dtox, even my membership was rejected in my earlier attempts however i never gave up, kept trying and finally got it approved.

Expecting a ownership report of your Verna soon.

Happy and safe motoring
Old 6th January 2011, 00:39   #3
BHPian

Thanks for the warm introduction wishes.
Happy and safe motoring to you too.

Unfortunately, I get to drive my baby only once in a while nowadays since I'm not staying at home anymore. Whenever I get holidays to be exact, which is like once every 4-5 months. Yeah, an ownership review is on the cards but I'm afraid I'm still a novice when it comes to the technical aspect. I enjoy driving, I understand the jargon; but whenever something mechanical has to be done, I end up the loser. Hope Team-BHP will make me the complete automobile maniac.
Old 6th January 2011, 01:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome. Have a pleasant stay here.
Old 6th January 2011, 01:17   #5
BHPian

hi, even my membership got rejected first! But yeah, thanks to the mods Im here now, hope to see you around on the forum
Old 6th January 2011, 08:06   #6
BHPian

Welcome .X
Are you a java programmer ? :-D
Old 6th January 2011, 18:18   #7
BHPian

No he has to be a C/C++ programmer. Java dude never likes to write Hello World

Wishing you a verynice time here

Last edited by bkbkr1212 : 6th January 2011 at 18:20.
bkbkr1212 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2011, 19:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome and
Quote:
Hope Team-BHP will make me the complete automobile maniac
You have to be one to join here. So dont worry its just that the team will make you realise what you are now
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2011, 20:55   #9
BHPian

Hi all,
It's a great pleasure for me to be here!
I used to follow many threads on this forum previously, liked almost all of those & then subsequently decided to join 'Team BHP'..
I always use to say- 'medical practice' is my profession & 'driving' is my obsession. I like both, no doubt, but the latter much more!
Looking for some good discussions along with the enrichment of my knowledge about the AUTO WORLD ....
With regards,

Old 23rd January 2011, 13:22   #10
BHPian

Thanks all for the warm welcome !!

No, I'm not a Java/C++ programmer !! I used to be a SAS programmer but the username is a just a random thing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks