Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2011, 16:47   #1
BHPian

Hello BHPians

If there is one thing that i can claim i did consistently last year, it is visiting team-bhp every single possible day . After being such an admirer of the forum i decided i will get out of my usual starting problems (not mechanical but social) and introduce myself.

Inspite of being 29 years old i feel myself like a kid here (Reminds me of my college intro days).

This is Gowri Shankar. My friends call me Gowri, Gary, Guri, what ever comes to their mind. A civil engineer by education i chose to build programs rather than buildings. Like every other boy i was always fascinated by cars since the day i remember. My other interests oscillate in cycles. I used to play guitar for my college band and so i have good ear for music. I like to solve problems and write algorithms and i get to do that once a while in my job .

Even though i liked cars, i lacked (and still lack, but learning) the knowledge of different aspects of cars. So without much confusion i was able to buy a sparingly used santro 2 years back. Though i had a driving license i was just a 'license' driver. I had never driven full time before i bought the santro. Now i have clocked 30,000 KMS in two years. True to the word newbie, i am indeed a newbie. Exposure is good but not without its negatives. It took me just minutes to decide on the santro, where as i have been 'researching' for almost 4 months on my next purchase. I think i will leave this part to a new thread.

As this is my first post, i still have butterflies flying in my stomach (Just like the same when i drove my santro to office for the first time). And i say 'Hi'.
Old 4th January 2011, 21:44   #2
BHPian

re: Hello BHPians

Welcome aboard Gowri, your introduction was crisp and nice. Congrats for getting in.

Do share us your ownership experience.

happy and safe motoring
Old 4th January 2011, 21:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Hello BHPians

Welcome! Have a pleasant stay here.
Old 5th January 2011, 12:12   #4
BHPian

Re: Hello BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalpoint View Post
If there is one thing that i can claim i did consistently last year, it is visiting team-bhp every single possible day .
Ha ha. This line brought back memories to my mind. Once Google.com used to be my homepage and that was for a very very long time. But for the past year and a half, since I've known T-BHP, there is no question of any other site 'earning' that coveted position. Atleast, in the near future.

Welcome aboard and let us know about your experiences. I too shall narrate my car buying and initial reviews in a few days.

All the best.
Old 5th January 2011, 12:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gowri,

Your first line of your first post makes it ideal to be included in the "I am addicted to T-BHP" thread. Congratulations on your first post, I hope many more are there to come.

Welcome to the BHP family, do take time to see the rules and regulations sections. Enjoy your stay.

Drive safely, wear seat belts.
Old 5th January 2011, 13:42   #6
BHPian

Thanks for the welcome guys. I already feel warm and enthusiastic to start my tbhp journey with the ownership thread. Let me start penning that down.

@SankalpDesai
Very true. Once i start my comp at office these are the sequence of things.

1. Check outlook for official mails.
2. Check gmail.
3. Open team-bhp.com
4. Work
5. Refresh & check updates in team-bhp.com
6. Repeat 4&5

And team-bhp is not blocked in office unlike other social networking sites ( which i anyway do not use much). Glad to be in here!
Old 6th January 2011, 00:48   #7
BHPian

Congrats PedalPoint.

I share a similar experience. I, for my part, popularized Team-BHP in my office because I used to be hooked into it for a major part of the day. And all this happened without even getting registered as a user. Now, during my post-graduation too, I'm doing a fair bit in popularizing this wonderful treasure trove. After a few years of being a visitor, even I'm now vowed myself to be a full-time active member on the forums.

P.S: You call yourself a newbie; I'm even worse than a newbie. I'm yet to make my first official purchase of a car. As of now, the family car remains my car. Coupled with that, I've zero technical knowledge too!

Happy Revving!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks