Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2011, 14:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

From chennai

Hi

I wanted to join this forum sometime in 2008 when i wanted to buy my first car. Never took the next step to fill the two questions asked. Never had an answer to convince myself in the first place. Took over two years and 5 months when i finally answered those question. I am into the team in one attempt.

Team-BHP is definitely the one point site to search for information regarding Indian Automobile industry from sales to service.

Its quite a turn around in the last 8 years. My first salary paved the way for my first loan for an enticer. 11 months down and 10K in depreciation I got what i love(d). My RE Standard bullet. Rode may be a dozen of places before i decided to settle down. I am one of those people who would never risk another persons life in a Bike. So around 2008 we got ourself a Swift VDI. Thanks to the forum It was an easy decision which i cannot regret. Close to two years now and an oppurtunity to buy my second car. My decision was not an easy one but i am sure its a fun one. Check the Its my VW thread in Test drive and initial ownership forum for more details on the selection.

Its tough to explain the love for ones car to a family member or a friend. It needs the right mindset to even say "WOW" at a gear knob or the rear view mirror. So here i am am wanting to share the joy of the new car. Its not a selfless service but a selfish need to enjoy my new car with folks who appreciate such things.

Give me time till Jan end and the first set of pictures will start flooding the forum

Thanks again

VW2010
Old 5th January 2011, 14:23   #2
BHPian

Re: From chennai

Welcome to the club VW2010. and congratulations on your new German family member.

By the way which part of Chennai are you from?

Provide some info about yourselves, what you do, passion (aside from cars ) etc...
Old 5th January 2011, 14:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

@getsriram - I am in that stage where I have booked the car but taking the delivery later this month.(Maya??)

Anyway, I work in IT just like any proper Chennaite who can afford two cars before 30. I am coming from southern part of madras.
Old 5th January 2011, 14:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to T-Bhp VW2010
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 5th January 2011, 15:04   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@getsriram - I am in that stage where I have booked the car but taking the delivery later this month.(Maya??)

Anyway, I work in IT just like any proper Chennaite who can afford two cars before 30. I am coming from southern part of madras.

I am happy for you VW2010. But just wondering how many "just like any proper chennaite" who can afford two cars before 30? Atleast I could not
Old 5th January 2011, 15:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

I was unable to edit the other post. So here goes the rest of the introduction. Aside from cars, i like every electronic gadget that comes to the market. Not that I collect them . Passionate about bikes. A little passion for photography with no time for it. Cricket and football are like weekend must do activities.

Quote:
But just wondering how many "just like any proper chennaite" who can afford two cars before 30? Atleast I could not
I just removed the need for buying an house and wanted to first enjoy what we can at 30. Probably at 40 will worry about house hehehe
Old 5th January 2011, 15:38   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

It needs the right mindset to even say "WOW" at a gear knob or the rear view mirror. So here i am am wanting to share the joy of the new car. Its not a selfless service but a selfish need to enjoy my new car with folks who appreciate such things.

VW2010
Totally agree to this buddy.. I joined the team with such selfish intentions myself. Congratulations on your buy and welcome to the team!!

No better place to explore and enlighten yourself; and what more, you get to show off your wares too

Wishing you safe driving!!
Kalesh
Old 5th January 2011, 17:02   #8
BHPian

Welcome VW2010

Welcome aboard VW2010. Jan end? Man, thats 25 more days! Bring them on buddy.
Wish you a happy stay at Team-BHP.
Drive safe!
Old 5th January 2011, 18:16   #9
BHPian

Quote:
I was unable to edit the other post. So here goes the rest of the introduction. Aside from cars, i like every electronic gadget that comes to the market. Not that I collect them . Passionate about bikes. A little passion for photography with no time for it. Cricket and football are like weekend must do activities.

I just removed the need for buying an house and wanted to first enjoy what we can at 30. Probably at 40 will worry about house hehehe
Cool man... enjoy every bit of it... There are so many guys from Chennai in the forum now. I am from South chennai as well. Some how the chennai meet doesnt seem to happen
Old 5th January 2011, 19:20   #10
BHPian

Welcome VW2010!!! its an amazing feel you get when you are here.

Btw, am also from south Chennai - Nanganallur. if you can let it out, which place are you from??
Old 5th January 2011, 22:00   #11
BHPian

Vanakkam VW2010, Welcome to Team-BHP.

Congrats on your new VW Jetta, I am reading your other thread "Its a VW".

I am also from Chennai and live in Central Chennai
Old 5th January 2011, 22:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone.. and i stay near Tambaram. Wait till 24th when i reveal the first pictures of the Jetta along with the Color. Color is kept a surprise to the family and hence maintaining it here. The new Jetta is the silent monster 2.0 Cr TDI MT Comfortline. There was never an option for getting the Trendline once we decided it was a Jetta. Once again, Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
Old 5th January 2011, 22:20   #13
Senior - BHPian

Welcome VW. New Jetta coming to your stable? And that answers your handle name

Enjoy your stay, and happy (s)miles.
Old 5th January 2011, 23:05   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks everyone.. and i stay near Tambaram. Wait till 24th when i reveal the first pictures of the Jetta along with the Color. Color is kept a surprise to the family and hence maintaining it here. The new Jetta is the silent monster 2.0 Cr TDI MT Comfortline. There was never an option for getting the Trendline once we decided it was a Jetta. Once again, Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
Tambaram, huh? I'm from Tambaram too
Where in Tambaram?
Do visit http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ease-chip.html this thread.

Congrats on your Jetta.
Old 19th January 2011, 12:30   #15
BHPian

Hey VW2010. I think you were planning to take the delivery of your VW Jetta today right? Congratulations again and awaiting your colour choice and ofcourse snaps. I hope you are planning to take delivery in daylight and not in the evening.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed