Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2011, 18:51   #1
BHPian

Hello TBHP!!

Hello,
I am not really a new member as i have been a member for quite some time now, but i have never formally introduced myself. I am currently working in bangalore, Karnataka as a software Engineer. I am originally from Pune, Maharashtra. I like cars, bikes and stuff like that.

I use to have a Yamaha RD350 which i really really really Loved to death, but alas my family didnt feel the same way about it and when i left the country for my studies they got rid of it. Currently i have a 1997 Green Gypsy King ST and a 1996 Yamaha RX100. They both are in good condition, i have some Mods on the Gyspy, as Headers and Mufflers, K&N air Filter, there was a electronic winch but was removed. The Gypsy is Carb not MPFI, i love the sound it makes, the Exhaust was actually given to me by sanket shanbhag who is a rallyist from Satara, who races gypsies. The sound this exhaust makes is unlike any i have heard before in my life, it has a really really loud sound on high revs, which is more crisp than a humming sound. Sounds more like a WRC car than the cars we normally here on the streets.

I use to drive a 1999 Ford Mustang GT V8 (262Bhp) black in my college days in the US. The Mustang was stock with no mods but was enuff for me since the strict laws there, but whenever i use to get the oppurtunity i use to let it loose. The car was gr8 it was a stick shift wid traction control which was very very useful on that car since in bad road conditions it jus wudnt stay on the road. Some of you may have seen my gypsy since i have brought it to bangalore, i drive it rarely mostly weekends.

I had been to Ooty last weekend during pongal, i really felt it came into its element after going through bandipur state forest and then the ghat section while going to ooty. I personally felt the ghat was very dangerous and some people who are really stupid just dont understand the consequences of driving like a maniac in such an area. In anycase i have taken many pictures i will post a few. Couldnt really do much offroading off late but will start gettin into the scene as time permits. I hope to have a wonderful time here, as the other auto enthusiasts share their experiences and also gain some.

Thank you and have a wonderful Day. keep rocking like a rockstar
IPK aka NOFEAR5611.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th January 2011 at 18:56. Reason: Added paragraph for better readability. Thanks
Old 21st January 2011, 07:18   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello TBHP!!

Welcome aboard nofear5611.

I am getting more interest on your modded Gypsy, appreciate if you could start a new thread on it.

Happy and safe driving
Closed Thread

Most Viewed