Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2011, 08:21   #1
BHPian

Good Morning !

Firstly, a big thank you for letting me inside your home, I appreciate it and hope that I can contribute something to this beautiful place.

Now, on to a little bit about me.

I am 26, a post graduate automotive engineer working with an OEM. That being said, its not the reason why I am here. The reason why I'm here is below:

I guess I learned driving (or at least learned steering ) when I was 6 or 7 and would sit with anybody's lap who would let me steer. Same applied for bikes, I would handle while the elder would change the gears and balance while I just went full throttle. Maruti Vans were brilliant because I could stand and drive completely. I was driving on the roads by myself by the time I was 11 or 12. However, I wouldn't recommend hitting the road at that age in hindsight,a mature mind is definitely required to be on road, but the irony is; behind a steering wheel, all of us feel like a child and this is the reason why automobiles make us fall in Love.

Call me a romantic, call me a fool but I absolutely LOVE cars and decided a long time back that this is all I want to do for the rest of my life and will do exactly that.

Anyways, I did my mechanical engineering in Bangalore and then went to UK for my MSc in Automotive Engineering. and then the fun began. I worked for a little known company where cars are still made the old way, by HAND and loved every minute of it. I came after an year and worked in Bangalore with a start up for year and a half (Dec,09) and have recently moved to Pune in Sep,10.

I have not owned a car till this day. I used to drive my father's Zen earlier and now whenever I go home, I drive his Accent.
I owned a 150 pulsar on which I did some very basic modifications. I had put a wide tire( I think a 150), raised the suspension to accommodate the exhaust under the seat and above the number plate. Now, I own a Yamaha FZ-S in Black and Yellow in stock condition (stuck at home for the time being....grrrr)

I like different automobiles for different reasons, and my wish list would be very long. But let me give it a try.
In no order of preference.

2 wheels:
1. WW2 Harley Davidson
2. 1968 Royal Enfield
3. Lambretta
4. Yezdi
5. Yamaha RD350
6. BUell
8. Mac Roarer

4 Wheels:
1. VW Golf Mk1/ 1984 Maruti 800
2. VW Van
3. Lamborghini Countach
4, Jaguar E Type
5. Mercedes 300SL
7. McLaren F1
8. Invicta S1
9. Lancia Stratos
10. Ford GT40
11. Corvette Stingray.
12. Shelby GT500
13. LandCruiser series 40
14. Dodge Challenger
15. Willy's CJ
16. Defender SWB
17. G-Wagen

I must stress that the above is neither exhaustive nor final. Its just some of them off the top of my head.

Now I want to go for a drive..hmpphh

Happy Republic Day
Old 26th January 2011, 09:54   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Good Morning !

Hey rk,

A funny, enjoyable and interesting intro. Welcome and enjoy your stay. Don't forget to take a look at the rules.

Sam
Old 26th January 2011, 21:00   #3
BHPian

Hi RK,

Welcome aboard! You seem to have interesting background in automobile.

When you look for your GT500, please count me in and look for 2!!
Old 26th January 2011, 21:14   #4
BANNED

Welcome ,

Why you like Yezdi ? any particular reason ?

Sudarshan
Old 27th January 2011, 01:16   #5
BHPian

Congrats and welcome aboard RK.

Good to have a automotive engineer in our forum, I am sure your learnings would help us.

Please take a pit stop in announcement section to understand how the forum works.
Old 27th January 2011, 01:23   #6
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Hi RK

Welcome Aboard. Good to see people who know the subject joining the forum. I'm curious to know which OE do you work for?
Old 27th January 2011, 11:10   #7
BHPian

Hey RK, Welcome to the home of the Indian Auto Lover! In complete agreement on the fact that 11 is not the age to be on the road (Though I was tearing it up as a 16 year old!) - Which I dont advise any more.

See you around the forums.

Cheers
Old 27th January 2011, 14:44   #8
BHPian

Hi RK
welcome aboard you must be long lost guy i am looking for who raced me when i was driving the amby (i must've been same age ) in MG road bangalore (Ok..Ok kidding nothing official about it

read the rules and do take a look at the Pitstop

rgds
DP
Old 28th January 2011, 13:01   #9
BHPian

Thank You All for welcoming me So far, so good. I've read through the rules and will try and take baby steps.

Dieseldunk : I doubt if that would have happened because I moved to Bangalore in 2001 for engineering. Before that, I was home

MAS: As much as I appreciate your curiosity, lets wait a while for that to happen. I am no big fish. Just trying to find my feet as of now.

Sudarshan: I like Yezdi because I like its smoothness. Its size fools you into thinking it will be sluggish, but I like the way it moves.

Troublemaker: Which colour would you like?

I would have put a lot more smileys if that was allowed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks