Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2011, 15:54   #1

Jai Hind from a Fauji

Hi Team-BHPians,

I am Deep from the Indian Air Force. I’ve been serving the Armed Forces since last 22 years and am proud to be in Uniform.

A few months ago, while looking for some knowledgeable input/advice on buying a 4-Wheeler, I was totally captivated by this amazing site, so much so that since then it’s become a daily ritual to pay compliments to this excellent community which updates us on so many fascinating automobile issues.

I am an Aeronautical Engineer with expertise in military aviation engineering, specifically in the field of propulsion and aerodynamics.

My interest in automobiles was kindled in the early eighties while I was in the school (Class VIII) that is when my father encouraged me to ride his 1969 model Jawa bike, as a means of conveyance from my remotely located village to school in the nearby town. (Except for a Horse driven Tonga, there was no other means of conveyance to school).
While the Jawa bike became the envy of my school-mates, yet it was my younger sibling (sis) who got to get the pillion ride everyday (one of the main reasons, which is why I got to ride this bike to the school).

In 1998, I graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and throughout my engineering college days, I had to live with a simple bicycle. Notwithstanding, as soon as I joined the Indian Air Force as a commissioned officer in the year 1988, I bought a Yezdi -Road King through my salary earnings and I continued my love for bikes until 1993 when my passion for riding bikes suddenly ended because of serious spinal injury I suffered in an aircraft accident.

This is when I was left with no choice but to switch over to a four wheeler and thus got my first car, a Maruti 800. After driving about a lakh Kms in the Maruti (which I had later modified into LPG fuel using aircraft components), I changed over to a hatch back ...Maruti Zen in the year 1997. After driving another 60K kms in Zen, I graduated to a Sedan and pampered myself with a Hyundai Accent GVS in the year 2003. Having driven Accent for more than 110k kms, I decided to pamper myself even more and recently got a new Silver Mica Corolla Altis AT in December 2010, which is why I am here as a newbie in this splendid Team-BHP family.

I am presently based at Hyderabad and am a keen enthusiast of renewable energy resources, specifically Wind Energy. I have taken up several DIY projects for young wind energy enthusiasts helping them make a small wind turbine for themselves (Green Wind Energy- Index).

My garage still holds the 22 year old road king, the 13 year old snow white Zen is now being driven by my father, and the 7 year old Accent is being presently driven by my Fauji Wife (she is a retired Wing Commander herself and drives Accent to her MNC office everyday) and of course the latest addition being Altis AT and I’m yet to stretch her legs on the runway, just waiting for a no-Jet traffic day.

Cheers!

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st February 2011 at 16:34. Reason: Please avoid copy paste from external font editors, use Preview before posting and do use proper punctuations. Thanks
Old 1st February 2011, 17:04   #2
BHPian

Re: Jai Hind from a Fauji

Gotcha!! Welcome aboard, Deep. I am sure you will have a wonderful time here. Heart aflutter with expected results on the seventeenth? All the best !!

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd February 2011 at 01:40. Reason: Editing out asterixed names. PM would be a better private option.
Old 1st February 2011, 17:48   #3
BHPian

Welcome on-board Deep. Great to have people like you here. Enjoy your stay here.

Drive Safe.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd February 2011 at 01:41. Reason: Oops, nothing edited.
Old 1st February 2011, 17:51   #4
Team-BHP Support

Sir, something we say way too less to the Fauji's

THANK YOU.

And a big welcome to Team-BHP.
Old 1st February 2011, 18:04   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatman View Post
Hi Team-BHPians,

I am Deep from the Indian Air Force.
Welcome aboard, Sir. Great to have someone from armed forces. I am new too. Though we are a generation apart, we share a common interest. At least it seems to lessen up what we call the generation gap:-). Anyway i will say this for you: your army habits to be well organized is reflected in your awesome intro.

Hats off to people like you who live hard lives so as to let the common man sleep peacefully. Jai Hind

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

THANK YOU.
100% correct. Couldnt agree with you more. Thank You Sir. For your services to the country.

Last edited by Samurai : 1st February 2011 at 18:38. Reason: back-to-back post
Old 1st February 2011, 18:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Jai Hind Sir ji. welcome. Another Man in Blue here. We already have a Fighter pilot and now an Engineer. Wow. TBHP is surely getting hot.

With all due respect to your service, we(personally I) would like to hear your engineering experiences on worlds' mighty 3 wheelers.

Welcoming you aboard with a Guard of Honour sir.

Old 1st February 2011, 18:40   #7
NFS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

THANK YOU.

And a big welcome to Team-BHP.
Welcome to TBHP and as BBlost said

Thank You with a Salute !

Wow, to start with Zen driven by your father, fitted with Aircraft Components and runs on LPG, what a combination? Are they flying around in a Zen?

Envy you and your dad!
Old 1st February 2011, 23:25   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneet View Post
Gotcha!! Welcome aboard, Deep. I am sure you will have a wonderful time here. Heart aflutter with expected results on the seventeenth? All the best !!
Thats bang on! A direct hit - Bulls eye Sir, Now shall I say Navneet.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd February 2011 at 01:40. Reason: Editing out asterixed names. PM would be a better private option.
Old 2nd February 2011, 01:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Jai Hind! Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan!

*Bows down* with deep-respect.
A big thank you to all you folks for making us feel secure.
Welcome to Team-BHP.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 2nd February 2011 at 01:31.
Old 2nd February 2011, 04:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

Thank you and welcome onboard Sir.

Coming from the land of General Thimmayya and Fm Kariappa we are born to respect Men who serve our nation.
To add to it my brother is currently waiting to get a date for his SSB so am just excited.

Waiting to hear some tales from you.
Old 2nd February 2011, 09:55   #11
BHPian

Welcome abroad Mr. Bhatman.

I was almost shocked and felt nostalgic to see the words "Jai Hind" (as hardly anybody uses this greeting now a days) and suddenly it made sense when I read further "from a Fauji". It seems now a days only Faujis remember this term.

We share some common things. I also learnt bike riding on my cousin's Jawa in 70's and later on used to ride his Yezdi also. Now I have an Altis AT for almost 2 years and it has proved to be a comfortable and trouble free car. I hope you will also enjoy owning this car. It's good to note that you are holding on to your old vehicles.

Please do post some interesting experiences of your Air Force life.

Welcome once again and Jai Hind.
Old 2nd February 2011, 10:03   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hi Deep,

Welcome to Team-bhp.

Hyderabadi (Hydeez) T-Bhpians are one of the most active members on this forum.

We conduct regular city meets and drive meets and one drive meet is on the cards.
The link is mentioned below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-2011-a-7.html

If you are a foodie like most of us are, you will adore this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...rabad-191.html

Regards,

SILVERWOOD

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 2nd February 2011 at 10:05.
Old 2nd February 2011, 13:28   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatman View Post
Hi Team-BHPians,

I am Deep from the Indian Air Force. I’ve been serving the Armed Forces since last 22 years and am proud to be in Uniform.
Welcome aboard Deep. We have more than a few things in common. I come from a family that spent 3 generations in the services (Army and Navy) with extended family in the IAF. I wanted to join the NDA but my Dad persuaded me to follow another 'family occupation' this was back in the mid '80s.

I too have an Altis but the MT variety.

Jai Hind! (Feels good to say that!)

Cheers!
Old 2nd February 2011, 13:40   #14
BHPian

Welcome to the forum and it is good to see that our Army Personnel are doing really well.

I saw from the Four Wheelers that you have bought, all of them are pretty light.

btw Which aircraft gave you a serious accident ?
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:56   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hi Deep,

I too am a Newbie, so wouldnt be apt to say Welcome aboard, however ill join you in saying thank you for accepting our request to join the forum.

On another note, as people have already said, let me join them and say a big Thank You. Soldiers like you make us proud. Would love to read some anecdotes of you 'Fauji' life.

And yes, Jai Hind.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks