Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2011, 19:57   #1

Hi Folks!

Hi Folks,

Have joined Team-bhp about 6 months back but this is my 1st post - thought of introducing myself 1st.

By profession, I work in the IT Industry and based in Mumbai - Thane, to be precise. Have lived in the UK for about 5 years before returning for good about 3 years back. Since then been travelling out of the country on and off (mainly to NZ -did 6 trips in the last 2 years. That's a beautiful place!! )

About my cars - Had earlier driven my father's Premier Padmini and a 118 NE. In the UK, had a Mondeo. Have also driven quite a lot in NZ with rented cars and SUVs. Back home, I bought a used Wagon R on my return. Have sold it now and bought another used car - a Verna CRDi now.

Team - bhp is a fantastic automative site beyond any doubt and it is quite a joy to read the masterly reviews (especially the ones by GTO) and also the Travelogues. It is inspiring to read of the travels in Ladakh and Rann and am quite dying to emulate these. All you folks, pl keep writing!

Last edited by aah78 : 8th February 2011 at 20:40. Reason: Text format tags removed.
Old 9th February 2011, 11:08   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hi Folks!

Welcome to Team-BHP, Abhay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhay_D View Post
Have lived in the UK for about 5 years before returning for good about 3 years back.
Quite a lot of reverse brain drain happening in the last couple of years (myself included) . All for the better, I say!

Quote:
Back home, I bought a used Wagon R on my return. Have sold it now and bought another used car - a Verna CRDi now.
You seem to be a regular member of the "pre-worshipped" club. Likewise here, I've washed my hands off new cars for life.

Drive safe Abhay, and hope to bump into you over on some interesting thread.
Old 9th February 2011, 16:21   #3
BHPian

Welcome Abhay
Happy homecoming to you and hope to share lots of good ideas and exchanges as is the norm seen in the T-BHP club.

Well I sure agree that NZ is a very scenic spot to be in and travel in NZ is an exhilarating experience from my sparse tourist visits.
rgds
DP

Last edited by Dieseldunk : 9th February 2011 at 16:22.
Old 9th February 2011, 16:32   #4
BHPian

Abhay welcome and you have a lot to share with us here in team-bhp. Specially looking forward to read your UK & New Zealand travel experience and the kind of cars you drove there. Photograph's are a must ofcourse.
Share them soon. Thanks.
San

Last edited by San Phrangmung : 9th February 2011 at 16:33.
Old 10th February 2011, 17:16   #5

[quote=GTO;2238252]

You seem to be a regular member of the "pre-worshipped" club. Likewise here, I've washed my hands off new cars for life.

quote]

Yes, do agree that buying used cars make great sense, especially given that I do not get any benefit by way of claiming depreciation on a new car.

I also think it is interesting how one's perspective towards used cars changes after a stint abroad. In the UK, the mondeo which I bought was a 'pre-worshipped' (it would have been a folly to invest in a new car as soon as you landed). It turned out to be great buy and the 2nd one which I bought in the UK was also a used Mondeo. So, for me it was easy to continue this trend once I returned. Although invariably all my relations have a strange look on their faces when they enquire about my 'new' car and I tell them that I bought it used! It is not such a well accepted concept in India yet for whatever reason - partly due to the percieved risk associated with a old car. Fortunately, so ar I never had to try very hard to convince my wife about buying a used car [FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] [/FONT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Welcome Abhay
Happy homecoming to you and hope to share lots of good ideas and exchanges as is the norm seen in the T-BHP club.

Well I sure agree that NZ is a very scenic spot to be in and travel in NZ is an exhilarating experience from my sparse tourist visits.
rgds
DP
Thanks Dieseldunk. Yes, driving in NZ is quite scenic, especially in the South island of NZ with its varied landscapes - you have the sea, some stunning lakes, farms, Rain forest and the southern Alps all in not so a large piece of land!

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
Abhay welcome and you have a lot to share with us here in team-bhp. Specially looking forward to read your UK & New Zealand travel experience and the kind of cars you drove there. Photograph's are a must ofcourse.
Share them soon. Thanks.
San
Thanks for the wishes, San. Will certainly do so.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks