Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2011, 20:33   #1
BHPian

A big hello from Hyderabad

To start of thank you Team-BHP for letting me be a part of this ever growing community. My association with this website started a couple of years back and have been a frequesnt visitor and my favourite section being travelogues. Registered myself and after 5 failed attempts finally Im proud to be associated with Team-BHP.

My Name is Shashi staying in Hyderabad and working for an MNC.

I am a simple down to earth guy having a passion for automobiles from childhood. During school days used to steal my mom's Luna moped and my dad's Priya scooter for pleasure trips without their knowledge and finally got caught and they would give me the Luna to ride around.

I love going on long drives and visiting new places and clicking photographs.

I have owned a 1971 model Bullet during 1997 and 1999 during my college days. In 1999 sold the Bullet which I regret till this day and bought a 1984 model Fiat which was used for a year and since was not getting proper mileage Dad bought me a used 1991 model Maruti 800.

Year 2000 the decision to go abroad for higher studies lead me to Australia and my childhood dream of owning a Pajero someday got shattered after seeing the Land cruiser's. I needed a car urgently as we were staying in a suburb and the place I used to work was in another suburb, so searched the markets and bought a 6 cylinder Ford Fairlane which was used for 4 months after which I was eyeing LC's. So finally mustered the courage and bought a 1996 model Toyota Land cruiser, best decision made. It was a marvellous SUV with all creature comforts. Travelled to a lot of places around and still cherish those moments. 2002 completed my course and was thinking of returning back home rather than staying there for jobs.

Returned to India in 2002 December and my folks had already disposed the Maruti 800 and purchased a new Maruti 800. I was looking for a 2 wheeler and bought a brand new Pulsar 180cc and was looking for jobs and looking at bussiness opportunities. Got into a bussiness and trusted a wrong person as a partner and lost a great deal of money. So was looking out for a job and one fateful day met with a major accident on the maruti 800 and the car was sold as scrap and thanked my lucky start and allmighty as I came out without a scratch. Now it was getting really tough without a car and since teh budget was restricted was looking at second hand cars and chanced upon a Contessa classic petrol model. Immediately bought it but it was a white elephant to maintain as it used to give a mileage of 5 to 6 kilometers perliter of petrol.

The year 2005 decided to sell the Contessa and buy a used Bolero, saw some immaculately maintained Boleros and showed them to Dad. My dad test drove the vehicle and said that it is very comfortable and nice so I was convinced that we would buy the Bolero but on coming home he tells my Mom that the vehicle is good but he cannot drive such a huge thing in the city, so all dreams shatter. On March 9th went and bought a new Santro XING XP which recently crossed 107500 kms.

2009 October got married and the best part is that my better half also loves going on long drives and visiting new places. We together did quite a few trips and awaiting to do a lot more.

2010 December decided to buy our dream vehicle and booked a Scorpio MHAWK VLX model in diamond white and was promised delivery by 25th December but it was delivered on the 22nd itself.

Before taking delivery took a print out of the PDI checklist and did a PDI on the 21st and got home the baby on the 22nd and enjoying it immensely ever since.

Visited Tirupathi and Srisailam till now and planning a few more trips after May.

Thanks team-BHP for leting me be a part of this wonderful world of automobiles.
Attached Thumbnails
A big hello from Hyderabad-maverick.jpg  

A big hello from Hyderabad-maverick-2.jpg  

Old 17th February 2011, 22:16   #2
BHPian

Re: A big hello from Hyderabad

Welcome to T Bhp OCtane. Very interesting to see so many cars which have been a part of your garage from premier padmini to contessa classic and the recent hyundai and mahindras. The santro alloys do look cool. You seem to have spent quite a while stickering and modding the santro. Any such plans for the scorpio. A DC Design makeover , may be .
Old 17th February 2011, 23:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP.Nice introduction.You will find many like minded people here and you will enjoy every minute.Happy Motoring.
Old 18th February 2011, 01:28   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh_ny View Post
Welcome to T Bhp OCtane. Very interesting to see so many cars which have been a part of your garage from premier padmini to contessa classic and the recent hyundai and mahindras. The santro alloys do look cool. You seem to have spent quite a while stickering and modding the santro. Any such plans for the scorpio. A DC Design makeover , may be .
Hi Vignesh thank you for your lovely comments. For the Scorpo I dont intend to do any modifications exept add new alloys and add some nice audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Welcome to Team BHP.Nice introduction.You will find many like minded people here and you will enjoy every minute.Happy Motoring.
Thank you Hillram sir.
Old 18th February 2011, 07:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP and am sure you will enjoy your stay here.

The Hyderabad group better known as "Hydeez" are quite active and do have regular meets. You can keep track of what's happening through this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ry-2011-a.html

The bunch being absolute foodies, you can use and add knowledge to the food guide here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...underabad.html

Ciao
Old 18th February 2011, 15:57   #6
BHPian

Welcome to T BHP Shashi. Hope we will do some long trips together soon .
Old 18th February 2011, 16:08   #7
BHPian

Welcome to Team bhp. I am sure your gonna love it in here.
Old 18th February 2011, 17:07   #8
BHPian

Welcome to TBHP octane. You should check out the Hyderabad meet thread which Milecruncher has posted. We do meet quite regularly.. Hope to meet up soon.

Cheers!!
Sabby
Old 18th February 2011, 17:33   #9
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP dear Hyderabadi. It's good to see hyderabadi's here. Octane, join us for the next Team-BHP Drive Meet on 27th. Further details in the thread MileCruncher posted a couple of posts back. Till then, Happy Driving!!!
Old 18th February 2011, 17:58   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Welcome to TBHP and am sure you will enjoy your stay here.

The Hyderabad group better known as "Hydeez" are quite active and do have regular meets. You can keep track of what's happening through this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ry-2011-a.html

The bunch being absolute foodies, you can use and add knowledge to the food guide here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...underabad.html

Ciao
Thank you Milecruncher would definetly go through the threads and try to be a part of the team meets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wads78 View Post
Welcome to T BHP Shashi. Hope we will do some long trips together soon .
Kya Wadood bhai apun anytime ready for a drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahas83 View Post
Welcome to Team bhp. I am sure your gonna love it in here.
Thank you for your kind words Sahas83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby-069 View Post
Welcome to TBHP octane. You should check out the Hyderabad meet thread which Milecruncher has posted. We do meet quite regularly.. Hope to meet up soon.

Cheers!!
Sabby
Looking forward to meet you all guys soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP dear Hyderabadi. It's good to see hyderabadi's here. Octane, join us for the next Team-BHP Drive Meet on 27th. Further details in the thread MileCruncher posted a couple of posts back. Till then, Happy Driving!!!
Thanks Traveloholic would definetly meet up for the meet on 27th
Old 18th February 2011, 18:30   #11
BHPian

Welcome Aboard Shashi,Hope to see you at the next meet on the 27th .
Old 18th February 2011, 19:33   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcotsrinivas View Post
Welcome Aboard Shashi,Hope to see you at the next meet on the 27th .
Thanks you Srinivas, will definetly be at the meet.
Old 19th February 2011, 10:07   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome Onboard Shashi.

Nice to have another Hydeez here who hopefully will be regular in meets as well
Old 19th February 2011, 11:55   #14
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard shashi.
First your dream of owning a pajero/land cruiser was realised.
And now the dream of being a part of t-bhp.
It really is a fantastic forum and the only place for us petrol nuts.
Good luck with the scorp modifications.
Drive safe!
Maybe you could share your experience of owning your contessa would love to hear about it.
Old 20th February 2011, 01:57   #15
BHPian

Shashi....Welcome Aboard, i did know some of these but not all
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks