Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2011, 18:53   #1
BHPian

Hi all, feels great to be here!!

hi all

my name is nevin, originally from cochin. after schooling moved out of india, studied in austria and germany and now back home in Gods own Country.

it was my great dream to own a car of my own, and hopefully i will be the owner of one in a few weeks/couple of months time -it depends for i have booked a vw polo highline- so everything in Gods hands now!! so it was imperative for me that i be a part of this great community.

about me: am interested in many things- travelling and trekking (just a couple of months back finished a 400 km backpack hiking from O'Porto (Portugal) to Santiago de Compostella (Spain) with a friend in 18 days. english movies - mainly hugh grant type, guitar, photography, easy to read novels -now concentrating on steve berry (when in the schools it was harold robbins!!)

and pets: hav a white labrador retriever named bonnie.
Old 27th February 2011, 16:43   #2

Re: Hi all, feels great to be here!!

Congrats on gaining membership Nevin. I'm a newbie too. Just got in a few days ago. Couldn't help notice you booked a VW POLO highline (diesel or petrol?). I'm on the lookout for a new car as well. I TDed the VW Vento and the VW Polo diesel versions. Didn't really like the VW diesel (felt a bit too noisy+turbo lag), but Vento was butter smooth, but a bit too pricey. What I'm getting at is did you TD any other hatchback cars? (if yes which ones and how were they?)
Old 27th February 2011, 18:32   #3
BHPian

Dear nevinfrancis & iMathan,

Congrats & welcome to Team-BHP!

There quite few BHPians from Cochin. Hope we can meet for the meets.

Keep posted.

Regards,
Jose.
Old 27th February 2011, 19:03   #4
BHPian

Welcome nevinfrancis & iMathan,

Also nevin, congrats on the new car..superb drive dynamics and road obedience have become a virtue of the Polo, but once you get it be aware of the VW logo on rear..it has become a hot commodity among Logo stealers

Keep revving
Cheers
Old 27th February 2011, 20:04   #5
Team-BHP Support

Welcome. Quite a lot of Steve Berry Novels are now available on Audible.
You might as well pack them into iPod while on a backpack!
Old 28th February 2011, 08:50   #6
BHPian

^^^^ thanks mates, yeah it seems there are a lot bhpians in cchin...the other day i was in marine drive near bay pride mall and there was this cute grey punto with team bhp sticker.

@imathan (nice name!) I do drive a lot of other cars since i dont own myself any.my friends swift ddis, another regular ride is i20. there are things you like and hate - like the gem of an engine in the swift and the loads of space and equipment level in i20.

to be honest, there was nothing special about the engine of the polo ( am buying a petrol one, since the maximum i might do is 400/500 kms per month). and the vento diesel is butter smooth since it has got that 1.6 ltr engine and the polo has only the 3pot 1.2.

from among i20,punto,swift,fabia - the decision for polo was purely a matter of heart. i have lived so long in germany and since i still long to be there, polo is an emotional choice - "ein stuck aus dem fernen heimat!" thats all about it.
Old 28th February 2011, 09:45   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Nevin:

Yippy.!! Another bhpian from Cochin. Welcome to Tbhp dude. Hope you will enjoy your stay here.

Also, waiting to meet you during our occasional tbhp meets.
Happy motoring.!
Old 28th February 2011, 16:40   #8
BHPian

thanks^^^^ naveen. where do you guys meet usually? lets us know if something comes up.would love to be there.
Old 28th February 2011, 16:44   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinfrancis View Post
thanks^^^^ naveen. where do you guys meet usually? lets us know if something comes up.would love to be there.
We usually meet at Panampilly Nagar. You can subscribe to the quick meets at cochin for updates.
Old 4th March 2011, 14:36   #10

Quote:
@imathan (nice name!)
Thanx man.
Quote:
there are things you like and hate - like the gem of an engine in the swift and the loads of space and equipment level in i20.
I TDed the i20 too, the Asta Model is really nice, but the steering feedback is really bad, gave no confidence during high speeds. It felt like a kettuvallam on wheels.
Quote:
to be honest, there was nothing special about the engine of the polo ( am buying a petrol one, since the maximum i might do is 400/500 kms per month). and the vento diesel is butter smooth since it has got that 1.6 ltr engine and the polo has only the 3pot 1.2.
Did you TD the 1.6 POLO petrol? It could be a cool ride.
Old 4th March 2011, 15:08   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMathan View Post
Thanx man.

I TDed the i20 too, the Asta Model is really nice, but the steering feedback is really bad, gave no confidence during high speeds. It felt like a kettuvallam on wheels.

Did you TD the 1.6 POLO petrol? It could be a cool ride.
Hey sorry for missing you earlier. Welcome to Tbhp dude. Yet another bhpian from Cochin.. Keep it coming.

Waiting to meet you guys during our next meet. Let's meet up soon guys.

Naveen
Old 4th March 2011, 19:48   #12
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-Bhp nevinfrancis. Good Choice on the Polo HL, I myself have been waiting to book a Polo 1.6, Just waiting for parents to give the go ahead, check out the multiple Polo Ownership threads, lot of information and great reviews by fellow Bhpian's, Keep us updated on the delivery time of your Car, Keep Revving, Drive Safe and All the best, Cheers !
Old 4th March 2011, 23:41   #13
BHPian

thanks^^^shortshifter!!
1.6 is real good. i would have bought that gladly, but there is a strict 7 lakh cap for me, and the on road price for highline polo is 6.7+. and 99.99% of my driving is in and around cochin city. for anything outside that i normally use emirates
Old 4th March 2011, 23:43   #14
BHPian

[quote=iMathan;2266202]Thanx man.

you are right, i20 really feels like a overweight lady in traffic.
Old 10th March 2011, 15:28   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

We are planning a meet this Sunday. Let me know if you guys can make it. Check Cochin meet thread to confirm.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks