Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2011, 02:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

Got to Team-BHP on second attempt

Hello to all BHPians.

Feeling great to be the part of Team-BHP family. I was introduced to Team-BHP by a friend in my first job and I must say, being able to become BHPian is not easy, for you have to get through the ever watchful eyes of the moderators. The first time I registered, I waited for around 6 days, only to be shocked to get a mail stating :Team-BHP Membership : Please register again!" I still can't remember what went wrong, but must have been something really serious else the 'kind-hearted' moderators would have approved it.

So I registered second time, being more careful about what I am writing. And was much excited (and relieved) to get another mail "Team-BHP Membership APPROVED!".

So here I am, looking forward to exciting time ahead. I am 28years old, an auto nerd, with PG in Tribology (Engine, clutch, brakes are areas of interest). Worked for over three years with the R&D division of an Indian Auto OEM, now working with the technology centre of an international automobile joint venture.

Even after this background, on reading through forums of Team BHP, I felt to be novice on many subjects, particularly ICE, DIY stuff and off-roading (thus the name AutoNoob). Simultaneously, I found some topics where I may be able to contribute (without intruding into propriety information). "There is lot to learn and share" is the reason I wanted to be part of Team-BHP.

I started riding on my uncle's Kawasaki KB100 and my father's Priya scooter. During my college days, had a 1970s model Enfield Bullet. Learnt driving through a regular driving class. The best moment came when I joined my first company. Got my hands on all sort of vehicles, test vehicles, hatchbacks, sedans, UVs, LCVs and benchmark vehicles that included Landrover Defender, Toyata LC, Fortuner, Hyundai Tuscon, OHC, ANHC, Civic Hybrid, Fiat Linea, Punto, Scorpio mHawk Vlx, Bolero and lot more. Drove a good number of LHD variants, always mixing up wipers and turn indicators . The only thing I miss is not getting a chance to drive something beyond a 4 tonner truck, I wanted to drive 'the biggest of all available' there. The most memorable moments were swirling the LC in the empty ghats around Pune and driving Scorpio to Mumbai and back in peak Mumbai traffic know that the horn was kaput. High speed handling trials for steering responsiveness are still my favourite moments. One thing I must admit here, driving like mad on test track is a different ball game when compared to driving in city traffic and at many times I still feel my hair raising in sudden unpredicted traffic situations.

I am going to buy a Chevrolet Beat 1.2LT for my family. The credit of my deciding the best suited option goes to fellow BHPians for their unending true (the keyword) feedbacks and experiences.

PS: My wife considers Team-BHP as equivalent to second women in my life as I tend to spend a lot of time here . I take that as a complement.
Old 20th February 2011, 10:00   #2

Re: Got to Team-BHP on second attempt

So you are a Test Engineer I presume. You should be well at home here then. There are a few more "Test Engineers" here too. ... Not me.

And yes. Welcome
Old 20th February 2011, 10:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
So you are a Test Engineer I presume. You should be well at home here then. There are a few more "Test Engineers" here too. ... Not me.

And yes. Welcome
Nops, I am not a test engineer but a design guy. Had good 'connections' in the right departments , so got my hands on those vehicles. But yes, i used to TD to check the efficacy of the aggregate system I used to work on, and for fun obviously .
Old 20th February 2011, 22:04   #4
BHPian

Welcome AutoNoob!

You are lucky, I tried 20 times and got approved on 21st time .

Your job profile is my Dream job, driving all type of vehicles however one mistake in life made me Software Engineer.

Yes, Team BHP is full of information and enthusiastic, passionate people, I can say an Auto University.

Thanks,
Vishal.
Old 20th February 2011, 22:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome AutoNoob.

You seem to have got to work immediately on the forum. You gave the introduction today so i presume you have joined today and i can already see 15 posts against your name.

I am sure different threads are getting valuable inputs from your experience.
Old 20th February 2011, 23:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
You seem to have got to work immediately on the forum. You gave the introduction today so i presume you have joined today and i can already see 15 posts against your name.
Actually I joined on Feb 2 and was posting on threads of my interest. Just today I realized that I've not posted an introduction .
Old 20th February 2011, 23:47   #7

same here brother. I had also tried once before then after a long time i tried again a second time and i followed the instructions properly and then it got approved.
Old 20th February 2011, 23:59   #8
BHPian

Welcome to the team AutoNoob,

I envy your job, coz in mine I read and write about various models without getting a chance on them, quite like reading the menu and not eating the food.
Have a great time.
Old 21st February 2011, 06:55   #9
BHPian

Hey AutoNoob,
Welcome to Team BHP,
I can relate myself to the experience of yours, as i cleared it too in the second attempt
Reminded me of the entrance exams during my college days
As they say it here, Keep revvin and stay out of the eyes of moderators
Old 21st February 2011, 21:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapish View Post
Welcome to the team AutoNoob,
I envy your job, coz in mine I read and write about various models without getting a chance on them, quite like reading the menu and not eating the food. Have a great time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by openroads71 View Post
same here brother. I had also tried once before then after a long time i tried again a second time and i followed the instructions properly and then it got approved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
Hey AutoNoob,
Welcome to Team BHP,
I can relate myself to the experience of yours, as i cleared it too in the second attempt
Reminded me of the entrance exams during my college days
As they say it here, Keep revvin and stay out of the eyes of moderators
Thanks for the wishes.

I can understand the reason why moderators keep their hawk eyes on whatever is posted on the forum. So, I won't be crossing their ways, atleast knowingly .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks