Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 12:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hallo von einem Automobil-Ingenieur aus Hyderabad !

Hello Fellow Bhpians,

Incase anyone has been wondering what my thread name was, In German it means "Hello from an Automobile Engineer from Hyderabad!"

To start of i would really like to thank Rehaan Sir and all the other Mods to have given me this opportunity to be a part of this wonderful family of team-bhp !

Let me Introduce Myself. My name is Kailash, I am a 21 year's old and I hail from Hyderabad. I am currently Studying B.E Automobile Engineering from Bharat University Chennai. I have been a quiet follower of team-bhp for the past 5 years or so. I have always been a car freak ever since childhood, right from the time i have nagged my Dad to buy me scale models/hotwheels car's till my Soon to be set of wheels, The Volkswagen Polo 1.6 HL, Just booked it after going through a lot of posts on team-bhp and reading the review given by GTO Sir, it fits into my requirements perfectly!

Anyways I would like you all to know that I have just finished developing my own Automatic Wiper System using a water resistive sensor as part of my College Project, trying to make a commercially viable System soon. The whole project costed me around 10k, trying to bring down the costs as it included a wiper assembly from an Auto. Currently trying to implement it on my friends Maruti Suzuki Swift, would post the results as soon as i am done with it.

Alrite then i would strive to contribute to this forum in whatever way i can, till then all you fellow petrolheads Keep Revving, Drive Safe, Auf Wiedersehen (Goodbye) !

Regards,
Kailash
ShortShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2011, 17:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hallo von einem Automobil-Ingenieur aus Hyderabad !

Welcome to Team-BHP, Kailash!
BTW, do you stay at Mehdipatnam?
Old 25th February 2011, 18:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP, Kailash!
BTW, do you stay at Mehdipatnam?
Yeah, I Do ! I spoke to you on Facebook the day before, remember ?
Old 26th February 2011, 01:17   #4
BHPian

Hello shortshifter, nice to see Hyderabadi people joining here. Nice introduction thread. Welcome aboard and hope to meet you in one of our Hydeez meets .
Old 26th February 2011, 02:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard kailash,
Look forward to hearing more about the automatic wiper system you are developing. Do post on that soon.
Drive safe!
Old 26th February 2011, 13:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane78 View Post
Hello shortshifter, nice to see Hyderabadi people joining here. Nice introduction thread. Welcome aboard and hope to meet you in one of our Hydeez meets .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Welcome aboard kailash,
Look forward to hearing more about the automatic wiper system you are developing. Do post on that soon.
Drive safe!
Thank you octane78 and mdsaab for your warm welcome ! I hope to meet you all too someday
Old 26th February 2011, 15:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP, Kailash. Am definitely sure, you'll have a fabulous time here.

The Hydeez gang is quite active and we are having a meet tomorrow. Do join us if possible http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ry-2011-a.html
Old 7th March 2011, 00:42   #8
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard ShortShifter Sir

Glad to see you here, on your own steam nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
Anyways I would like you all to know that I have just finished developing my own Automatic Wiper System using a water resistive sensor as part of my College Project, trying to make a commercially viable System soon. The whole project costed me around 10k, trying to bring down the costs as it included a wiper assembly from an Auto. Currently trying to implement it on my friends Maruti Suzuki Swift, would post the results as soon as i am done with it.
Sounds interesting. Just the other day i was looking at the sensor for the automatic wipers -- it works on the change in refraction index to create TIR only when water is present on the windshield. The TIR reflects (IR?) light back onto the sensor. The more water, the more reflection - and wiper speed is controlled accordingly. Not sure if i remember correct, but these sensors have to be integrated at the time of windshield manufacture themselves?

If you're using a resistive sensor, what kind of range of "wetness" do you get and how? What prevents a drop from staying on the sensor and messing up that reading? What advantages does a resistive sensor have over the IR ones i mentioned?

Look forward to a thread on this - if you plan to put one up.

cya
R
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks