Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 20:08   #1
BHPian

Hello Everybody! Better Late than Never!

Yeah, like my title reads, after 100+ posts, I've finally decided to come out and introduce myself.

I hail from Erode, TamilNadu and after spending a few years out of the country, my affinity to my home soil brought me back. Chennai was my residence for about 5 years and once I got used to it, decided to make a move to Bangalore to enjoy the weather and renew my survival spirits! And as of now, moved!

For work, I own a Software Consulting firm in the US and pretty much do remote management from wherever I am.

I guess my liking towards the moving beauties with wheels started from my early age, when I used to operate my own fleet of buses by dressing up my Leo Toy Truck collection! This took some practical treatment when I opted to manage the restoration of our '78 Ambassador when I landed up at the garage everyday after school to checkout the developments and spend time with the garage folks.

About my cars: My first self-owned was a brand new Dodge Durango boasting a 4.7L V8 with 407 N-m of pure American muscle power! Boy I had loads of fun time with it until I sold it to move back. My first car in the Indian soil was my Swift VXi, picked out of the first lot of the manufacturer. Having been an ardent fan of Big Daddy SUVs, my first option was to check out the Scorpio. But it let me down big time primarily for the lack of space and then the interiors. A friend of mine who runs a Maruti Authorized Service Center suggested to check out the Swift, and I was surprised that the leg room in the front was better than Scorpio! I was thoroughly impressed with the interiors too and hence went with it!
My second car came in a quick succession of a year after I bought Swift. This time was looking for something more classy and professional and hence went with Toyota Corolla. Since I had my fun modding my Swift, decided to go with the fully loaded version and got a 1.8E. I sold my Swift when I moved to Bangalore by the end of 2010 and as of now, has got only the reliable Japanese doing duty!

Thats a little about me folks! I'm expecting to spend good times and making new friends in the community which has brought us together for the love of wheels!
Old 25th February 2011, 21:08   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello Everybody! Better Late than Never!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
I hail from Erode, TamilNadu and after spending a few years out of the country, my affinity to my home soil brought me back. Chennai was my residence for about 5 years and once I got used to it, decided to make a move to Bangalore to enjoy the weather and renew my survival spirits! And as of now, moved!
That I very much guessed the way you explained about the exits to Perundurai and mentioned about Erode!
You should be a regular there!

Last edited by ampere : 25th February 2011 at 21:09.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks