Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2011, 18:19   #1

Hello My Dear Team BHPians,

Hello My Dear Team BHPians,

Myself Vijay working with DAIMLER as a Project Manager. My passion for automobiles started with Chrysler specially the " DODGE DURANGO " .When i joined then Daimler Chrysler and got a company car with 3.8 Liter .Thats when i fell in love with power and torque. and that was my First SUV.

After spending five years in USA back to bangalore and frequent visits to Germany. Quenching my passion for automobile "G" forces in Deutschlands Autobahn .

The cars which i owned (one at a time for a duration of 6 months to 1 year)
Dodge Neon
Dodge Durango
Jeep Wrangler
Dodge Charger
Chrysler Sebring

The Car i own now in bangalore is FIAT LINEA Petrol Black

I have not driven all the cars from our companys stable yet.
But I liked the "DODGE Charger" more than the "C Class" and "Chrysler 300" more than the "E Class".

This is my first and longest post in any website or forum.I really love the way TEAM BHP Owners have managed this forum typically like the "GERMAN way" very organised.

I wish all of you "All the best" and safe driving . I hope i can share and learn a lot from you guys.

regards
Vijay
Old 24th March 2011, 20:25   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello My Dear Team BHPians,

Welcome to Team-BHP, Vijay! Warning : Before you know it, you will be addicted to our Commercial Vehicles forum section. I'm sure the truck & bus loving folk (including Moderator Stratos) are just waiting for some insightful posts from you.

I hope that Linea petrol of yours wears a T-Jet badge at the rear
Old 24th March 2011, 20:51   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow. I have great respect for people working in the auto industry- used to fantasize about it when I was a kid but then life happened!
Welcome Vijay and happy posting. Mind telling us what your handle means?
Old 24th March 2011, 23:24   #4
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0833vb View Post
But I liked the "DODGE Charger" more than the "C Class"
Welcome.

Since you have owned the Dodge Charger, do write about the memoirs of the car and your experiences. The Charger happens to be one of my most favorite cars also.
Old 25th March 2011, 07:33   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey welcome to TBHP.
Any particular juicy details of what project Daimler is doing India?
Old 25th March 2011, 14:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome on-board, Vijay. That is quite a list of vehicles you have experiences. And i hope you will continue to break your personal record of longest posts ever here.

I always drool at the Dodge Ram trucks whenever i travel to US.
Old 25th March 2011, 15:56   #7
BHPian

Welcome Vijay !
Give me an idea on the Jeep Wrangler.
Old 25th March 2011, 16:24   #8
BHPian

Hi Vijay, do you work @ MBRD? coz few months back i had a short project stint at MDRD @ maruti infotec center. i was under rajesh bharadwaj. Really enjoyed the whole expierience and was part of an amazing r&d team. Looking forward for you valuable inputs on tbhp.
Old 25th March 2011, 18:43   #9

Hello All,
Thanks for your warm greetings.

@ GTO thanks for your comments. I hope I can give the best to this forum. I Bought LINEA before the T-JET was introduced. I missed it by years. I love the way you write reviews. Very seasoned and polished reviews better than the best auto magazines.

@ Noopster Yes seldom dreams come true. I was a bit lucky. The Handle is the 'T0833VB' is my internal company ID for some systems.

@Dot . “Charger” is a beautiful beast with the camouflage of a sporty design appeal. Masculine features from any view point. In fact the model I was driving was 2006.Memories of Charger ummm... I need a couple of days . The most memorable moment were when I took it out to any parking lot of a supermarket at least one asks me “That thing got a HEMI”. Still my desktop background is a charger in my office workstation.
It’s a 3.5 L V6 250hp@6400 5 speed auto. It’s a rear wheel drive with Electronic stability program assisted. Else it spins in the snow.

@Sudey its “Bharat Benz” now . There is going to be combination of LDT MDT and HDT (Heavy Duty trucks). The first two are Japanese and the last is German design. Total of 105 variants. Loads of driver comfort. Stripped down three times the value to meet the competition here with respect to the same counterparts on other side of the world.

@amitoj RAM is a classical example that quality is not everything. Sometimes passion makes a product successful. Toyota Tacoma was a better Truck in quality, ride, handling, tonnage, nice reviews, Good JD power rating. But still unable to beat the number in sales compared to F150 from ford and Dodge Ram. The current RAM is awesome. The design theme for Charger and RAM is a Barking Dog, the exhaust of a Fighter Jet, The American flag and Uncle SAM(Google it in images).

@capt.Chandru The only vehicle with very less facelifts in the 60 year history Chrysler. The development Budget is almost negligible. The closest vehicle you can drive experiencing a WWII automobile. The sales are steady over decades. No competition for Jeep wrangler anywhere in the world. The competitors know “you cannot compete a Automobile Master piece”. The only successful soft top SUV of the world.

@ kites. Yes I work there MBRDI. Rajesh is my friend. He owned a chrysler crossfire in US.

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th March 2011 at 14:17. Reason: Adding line spaces - easier to read. :)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks