Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2011, 18:43   #1

Namaskara from Bangalore!

A warm Namaskara to all fellow Team-BHPians!

At the outset, my thanks to the Moderators for giving me the privilege of being a part of this amazing group!

I am 55 years old and a resident Bangalorean. I have lived here so long and seen so many changes that I don’t know if it is the same city any more!

I have been interested in automobiles ever since I was a young lad. Our family car was a Vauxhall Six (Velox) 1949, bought in 1964; it still remains in the family, in reasonably good condition, considering that it has not been used for quite a few years. Despite constraints of time and money, I plan bring it back to its old glory some day very soon.

My father had also acquired a Willy’s Jeep (LHD, 4WD) which earlier used to be his official drive but this was sold to a stunt driver in the 80s and featured in many Kannada films.

Among the cars I’ve possessed and driven are Maruti Van, Premier 118NE, Maruti Esteem and Maruti WagonR. My present drive is a 7-year old Hyundai Santro which has done about 70,000 km.

I have also had the pleasure of owning a Raleigh bicycle, a Luna moped and a Lambretta scooter in my college days, though, sadly, I have given away all three.

Among my other interests are Reading (I am a voracious reader), Writing (a little, now and then), Photography (I am now changing over from old time cameras and slowly coming to terms with the new-fangled digital gadgets!) and Music (I love old Hindi, Tamil and Kannada film songs, light Carnatic and Hindustani music, ghazals and generally any music good to my ears).

Once again, I thank you for taking me on board and look forward to an eventful journey!

Last edited by Jaggu : 31st March 2011 at 18:55. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external font editors, also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.
Old 31st March 2011, 21:16   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Namaskara from Bangalore!

Welcome to T-BHP!

There's a meet happening this Sunday. Details :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post2298783

Do join in.

Cheers!
Old 1st April 2011, 00:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Shiv sir! If the WILLYS was around, am sure there would've been many many admirers of it! Hope you bring the Velox back to its glory soon!
Old 1st April 2011, 23:00   #4
BHPian

Welcome suddenshiv ,

It is always welcome when there is an addition to people interested the old cars in Team BHP.

Regards
Chauhan
Old 4th April 2011, 09:51   #5

Thank you very much, libranof1987, Shubz and vintageman!

@libranof1987: Sorry, couldn't make it to last Sunday's Quick Meet, hope to catch up soon.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks