Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2011, 09:45   #1
BHPian

Greeting from a new BHPian

Hi ,

I am a software evangelist from Bangalore. I own two cars a Maruti 800 , Ford fiesta and 3 bikes all Yamaha. I have always been a car enthusiast throughout my life. My longest wait of my life was to turn 18 get a license and the just drive. Only choice then was a 1998 Ambassador which my father used it for his business. I started grooming myself with my dear Ambi. Took it to college, cleaned it every day and started modifying. Loved that vehicle, then started my journey and came to Bangalore in 2004 to start my career in software Engineering. After getting my first salary walked into a Maruti showroom without much of talks , without even a TD just asked the sales executive to book me a Zen. I would have been his fastest customer to ever book a car so fast. I had been dreaming day and night about a Zen in my college days. It all started when I drove a zen from one of my college friends. After driving an Ambi suddenly drove a zen it was like graduating from a lorry to a car. That’s when I realized cars could be so soft a caressed with.

My bachelor life with friends, impressing girls, impressing relatives , all my beautiful trips with friends what not this piece of machine was an integral part of my life. Full 5 years I drove her everywhere and sometimes I slept in her for various trip when I could find accommodation in festive season at certain places.
One fine day I met my next love SX4. It just happened, me being a car enthusiast I was always updated about cars, technical specs, tires, models, new launch anything about cars my friends used to approach me. Major credit goes to sites like Team-bhp, which I have been regularly reading for the past 3 years. Happen to stumble upon Team-bhp when I wanted to upgrade my tires for my Zen and was hocked ever since. Ok coming back, one day my friend just asked me to accompany him to Maruti true value to check out on a second hand swift. I never missed any of these chances whenever I get a chance to test drive any vehicle I am there no matter how busy I will be. There are days when I canceled important meeting just to see my friends new car (There is no cure for this fever, fellow BHPians would surely know what I mean). So I went to the show room and started asking the sale executive all kinds of questions which made him feel like student who was attending a Viva exam without studying anything. Suddenly I saw a car entering the show room which instantly caught my attention (a grey SX4). Then again the interrogation started while all this at the corner of my eye the SX4 was shinning under the sun. After a long 1hr of talks TD my friend decided not to take the swift so before leaving I just asked the sale guy whether that SX4 was for sale. He replied yes Saar, I asked him the details he bluntly replied Saar the car has just arrived and don’t know the details. From behind a voice “Good Morning Sir” firmly greeted me. Turn and found it was the GM of the showroom. Shook hand and he replied did you like the SX4. I gave him the great Indian nod. He replied the car has just arrived we are yet to fix the price but one thing I can share with you is the car is just 4 months old and has just done 3000 KM on the odo.

This gave me sleepless nights for days and finally decided and went straight to the showroom and conducted the same rituals I performed way back at 2004 for booking my Zen. Finally I was the proud owner of an SX4. It’s been a complete year of intense driving of 20K Km on this Man machine.
But unfortunately in this one year I had 6 accidents with the SX4 after a lot of emotional discussions with parents decided to sell it off. Again intense research and reading (of course Team-bhp) I decided on the Fiesta (New), Panther Black. This oil burner has already clocked 9000 KM on her odo just after 3 months of purchase.

This is very much me. I guess my fellow BHPians got a glimpse of what kind of person I am. I love this forum and a really looking forward to get along with you guys.
You guys really rock!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks