Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2011, 12:45   #1

Pleased to join Team-BHP! Hello Everybody

Hello Team-BHP,

Finally, I have joined the esteemed Team-BHP!!!!!

It took me some time to convinve the Team and now I am here in this august gathering.

I am Raj from Delhi. As I am differently abled so I can drive automatic transmission cars only.

My first love was Maruti 800 AX, which I bought in 1995. I had to part with it in 2002 when the automatic transmission broke.

In 2002 I got my Zen AX, which is still providing me the desired mobility.

Mid last year I started thinking to get another one as the fuel consumption was becoming an issue with my Zen AX and I was seriously missing the various features available nowadays.

I was not having much options but to consider Hyundai i10, i20 Maruti A Star etc. due to budget considerations. However I was not interested in going for another one of the size of Zen so initially zeroed on i20. The few problems mentioned on Team-BHP forums like steering rattle, ineffective AC etc. were pinching me. During test drive (in Sep. 2010) I was also not satisfied with steering rattle and AC.

I increased my budget and checked Verna automatic and SX4 AT. Vento was new so did not give any serious consideration.

Took some time and finally after reading lots of reviews on Team-BHP, I decided to go for ANHC 1.5 VAT. I was very much interested to join before buying the same but somehow could not. Even than I got great help from member reviews in taking the decision.

Finally, I got my ANHC 1.5 VAT (Urban Titanium Mettalic) on 26 Nov. 2010.

I would share the buying experience, various concessions I availed(being physically challenged) and initial driving experience in my subsequent posts, which may help others.

Regards,

Raj
Old 7th April 2011, 13:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pleased to join Team-BHP! Hello Everybody

Hello Raj

Its great to have you onboard. Your car owning journey seems to be very similar to mine. I too started with the Maruti 800 AT as my first own car and then moved onto the Zen AT. We have both graduated to the Honda City only difference being that I bought a pre owned OHC simply because of my love for the car.

Would be interesting to read your perspective on your ownership of these cars. Looking forward to a detailed ownership review on your City and the mods you may have on it because of your special ability.

Yep I am differently abled too (Honestly just on paper ) It doesnt matter really. I drive MT cars just as well.

See you around in the forums. Welcome to Team BHP.
Old 7th April 2011, 13:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Raj, Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay here. Congrats on the ANHC albeit a little late.
Old 7th April 2011, 14:08   #4

Thanks Dippy and Parvez.
Old 7th April 2011, 14:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum, raj_k ! Congrats on the ANHC! I am sure you will enjoy your membership in this wonderful forum. Do post your experiences with the AT version of the ANHC.
PS : Interesting to know that there was an auto version of the M800...didn't know this before.
Old 7th April 2011, 14:33   #6

Dear Blue Thunder,
We owe a lot to Maruti for ATs. It was the one and only company initially who started ATs with M800 in India. Being Govt. owned (earlier) it also used to provide 9 variants of AT depending upon the disability, which also included the one which could be driven with hands only. However later on they stopped making all those models as they became private.
Old 7th April 2011, 15:03   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Welcome to the forum, raj_k ! Congrats on the ANHC! I am sure you will enjoy your membership in this wonderful forum. Do post your experiences with the AT version of the ANHC.
PS : Interesting to know that there was an auto version of the M800...didn't know this before.
Yes the Maruti 800 AT was a made to order for the physically challenged. It came with a 2 speed tranny. Mine was a 1988 model which I bought pre owned in 1997. Sad the Maruti AT boxes of that time were horribly unreliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_k View Post
Dear Blue Thunder,
We owe a lot to Maruti for ATs. It was the one and only company initially who started ATs with M800 in India. Being Govt. owned (earlier) it also used to provide 9 variants of AT depending upon the disability, which also included the one which could be driven with hands only. However later on they stopped making all those models as they became private.
Maruti even offered the disabled friendly Zen known as the 'Easy Drive' It could be customized in 9 different ways suited to your needs.
Old 7th April 2011, 15:20   #8

Hello Raj,

Enjoy your stay here.

Regards
Old 7th April 2011, 16:33   #9
BHPian

The ANHC is a dream ride congrats !
Old 7th April 2011, 17:32   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hello Raj and welcome to team-bhp. Congratulations on your ANHC, Do start an ownership thread very soon. Good Luck.
Old 10th April 2011, 13:01   #11
BHPian

Welcome Raj to theworld of people who has petrol in their veins.Congrats on your and do write a review of your ANHC .Haqve a great stay here.
Sreehari
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks