Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 10:50   #1
BHPian

Hello Everybody

Hello Everybody,

It was a very pleasant surprise to come back after holidays and know that my membership had been approved. Thanks you, Mods.

I am an auto-enthusiast by nature and an engineer by profession, somewhat old when compared to the average member (I am 45). Had been heavily browsing Team-BHP for the past four years. In fact Team-BHP reviews influenced the purchase of both my present and previous cars (Vista QJD and i10 respectively).

Hoping to learn more from the forums and perhaps (I hope) contribute a mite.

Best wishes,

Vijayakumar
Old 19th April 2011, 14:17   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello Everybody

Welcome aboard Vkumars!

What prompted you to sell the i10 for the Vista QJD? Only diesel economy, or more space etc.? The Vista is one heck of a spacious, comfortable hatchback. I'm hoping that the Fiat motor + gearbox should make it more reliable in the long-term too (unlike the older 1.4 TDi engines from Tata). Please do share a detailed ownership review when you have a chance; it'll greatly help other members & guests who might be considering the car.

BTW, 45 isn't considered "old" on Team-BHP. Or atleast, that's how the many 45+ Mods would like to see things
Old 19th April 2011, 15:15   #3
BHPian

Thank you, GTO. Nice to know that one is still 'young' in the community

Regarding i10, it was the perfect city hatch as far as I was concerned. The only problem was the mileage. It was giving only 11-12 kmpl with 100% AC on in the city. Also, in the past few months, my average monthly running had gone up to 1500 km. So it was time to think of a diesel hatch.

The Vista and the Figo were the obvious contenders. Gemi's thread almost swayed me over to Figo. Finally ended up choosing Vista.

Of course, the ride quality and space in the back were added attractions. For me, a car is a 'family' vehicle. 6 of us have traveled many times in the i10. So the extra space in the Vista back seat was highly welcomed.

What finally clinched the deal, was the good reviews on Mohandas Motors (local Tata dealers) by JKDas and others. I felt that they would be able to take care of the expected niggles. (This worked out exactly as planned. There were niggles and they were taken care of during the service - More on that in my ownership review).

I
Old 19th April 2011, 15:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
BTW, 45 isn't considered "old" on Team-BHP. Or atleast, that's how the many 45+ Mods would like to see things
Life starts at 40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkumars View Post
Thank you, GTO. Nice to know that one is still 'young' in the community
What do you mean, one? Half the members would ask you this question.
Regards,
Old 19th April 2011, 16:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP family vkumars and the Vista Qjd club.

Now that you know of the niggles i guess you would be interested in this thread as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-problems.html
Old 19th April 2011, 19:06   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post

What do you mean, one? Half the members would ask you this question.
Regards,
Thank you. For once, I am very happy to stand corrected.
Old 19th April 2011, 19:09   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Welcome to T-BHP family vkumars and the Vista Qjd club.

Now that you know of the niggles i guess you would be interested in this thread as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-problems.html
Thank you for the welcome.

I had gone through that thread and still bought the Vista. Now, that is something. Isn't it ?
Old 19th April 2011, 20:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkumars View Post
Thank you for the welcome.

I had gone through that thread and still bought the Vista. Now, that is something. Isn't it ?
Absolutely not. I had also read about the typical issues with Tata cars but thought ultimately it is a machine and it would have its niggles. I was impressed with the space and the VFM pricing and went for it.
Old 20th April 2011, 16:20   #9
BHPian

@amitwlele,

Exactly my reasons for the purchase also. I was also attracted by the fiat engine + gear box and claimed mileage (higher than most similar cars).
Old 21st April 2011, 10:11   #10

Well, Space and VFM was something that the TATA vehicals have always commanded. Now its good to see the improved quality, engine as well as drive quality. Interiors can open up a debate, but there are improvements over their earlier models.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks