Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2006, 19:33   #121
rks
BANNED

I didn't read all the posts in this thread --- so I don't know if anyone has mentioned this point -- isn't the running in supposed to be done ideally under city driving conditions (i.e., gradually, with a lot of speed variation and in short bursts)? I do remember reading something along these lines a long ago.
Old 6th September 2006, 17:43   #122

Baleno

Hi Mclaren, I had decided on the Baleno as my next car (i.e. October), but having read in Autocar India that current Baleno will be replaced by a SX4 based saloon. advise should I wait for the new Baleno or just go for the existing model?
Old 8th September 2006, 15:30   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks
isn't the running in supposed to be done ideally under city driving conditions (i.e., gradually, with a lot of speed variation and in short bursts)?
Not to argue with the speed variation/short bursts BUT Bangalore "city driving conditions" = bumper to bumper traffic There is no way that is good start for the car !

When we took delivery of our esteem (first generation), dad took of to coimbatore the same day.. then to kerala, the car had a gem of an engine, compared to the second one we bought(just a few months apart)and run in the city. I dont know if there's a connection, but me thinks there is.

Anyway Im no expert.
Old 8th September 2006, 16:26   #124
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Not to argue with the speed variation/short bursts BUT Bangalore "city driving conditions" = bumper to bumper traffic There is no way that is good start for the car !

When we took delivery of our esteem (first generation), dad took of to coimbatore the same day.. then to kerala, the car had a gem of an engine, compared to the second one we bought(just a few months apart)and run in the city. I dont know if there's a connection, but me thinks there is.

Anyway Im no expert.
There's a detailed thread on how to run-in a new car at:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...n-new-car.html

Ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks