Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2013, 13:16   #61

re: Ford Figo TDCi Titanium Nine months and 70,000 Kms of falling in Love

Yesssssss . That's what I wanted to hear, I would surely upgrade them to 185/65 soon.

Btw, I have recently upgraded my headlamps to philips 100/90 (with relays) and driving it in the night has been so much better.
No major issues faced till now, apart from the occasional rattle from the left corner of the dashboard (that my ford SC still can't figure out since 2 years ) and the very famous auto-off engine problem that again ford SC denies to be an issue with their car (may be the ecu settings). I have reported this to them a couple of times, even told them that its being faced by a lot of other figo owners too but they feel its only because of our downshifting or braking techniques.
Old 1st February 2013, 14:44   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderZ View Post
.... the very famous auto-off engine problem that again ford SC denies to be an issue with their car (may be the ecu settings). I have reported this to them a couple of times, even told them that its being faced by a lot of other figo owners too but they feel its only because of our downshifting or braking techniques.
The involuntary shut down of engine problem has been done away with in my case. TOUCH WOOD!!!
There was a firmware update called GD 4 or something which i did during my 40,000 servicing (or was it at 50K?? I dont exactly remember). After that i haven't faced that problem yet. Please check up with your service centre. It was discussed in detail in the main "Figo" thread. Search a bit for it and you will strike gold.

The service centre might say that they have done all necessary things when take it for servicing. However, categorically ask whether they have done this update or not. If not, insist with them.
Old 2nd February 2013, 22:44   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the 60 K servicing done today with the Odo reading 61700 at Chennai Ford, Poonamalee.

Due to the grazing to the floor of the car (thanks to the low GC of 2010 model Figo), the oil sump had a major dent and it had caved inside. Due to this, oil was not pumped in sufficient quantity for lubrication. This further lead to clattering noise from the engine.

I changed the oil sump, brake shoes, and the fuel contamination sensor within the filter ( in addition to the standard servicing schedule).

The total bill was initially pegged at 14800. After some discussions with the service manager (a well accomodative man was he!), the bill was brought down to 12300.

If it had only been the normal 60k servicing, it would have been contained within Rs 5000

Sadder part: The clatter of the engine still remains. The intensity has definitely come down, but it still is there. I should've changed the oil sump when the dent was observed some 15000 Kms earlier
Old 10th July 2013, 13:30   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Did the 70,000 Kms servicing last week at Malayalam Ford Kochi.

Off late, the blower strength of A/C had come down. During service, the A/C filter was found to be clogged and hence replaced. It could've done with just cleaning as per what I could comprehend. However, they had already replaced it before I could voice my opinion.

Suspension link rod on the front and bearings was also replaced.
Fuel efficiency has dropped off late and is giving me only 17-18 Kmpl on highway and 15-16 on city. When reported, the Ford has promised that this has been addressed in the current servicing.

Rest all is happy miles.

Some recent snaps

Ford Figo TDCi Titanium Nine months and 70,000 Kms of falling in Love-dscn5533.jpg

Ford Figo TDCi Titanium Nine months and 70,000 Kms of falling in Love-dscn5540.jpg

Ford Figo TDCi Titanium Nine months and 70,000 Kms of falling in Love-dscn5543.jpg
dhanushmenon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 11:36   #65
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo TDCi Titanium Nine months and 70,000 Kms of falling in Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
How much was the service cost? Could you please upload a copy of the bill ?

Quote:
Some recent snaps
Your car looks fantastic with those alloys, red colour paint, and the subtle reflections on the glass.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 11:59   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
How much was the service cost? Could you please upload a copy of the bill ?
a) Gasket & wash fluid- Rs 110
b) Bearing Wheel Assy- Rs 1785
c) Oil Filter - Rs 333
d) Lock Washer - Rs 551
e) Filter A/C - Rs 421
f) Engile Oil - Rs 1057
g) Labour - Rs 1749
h) Service Tax - Rs 216
i) VAT - Rs 625

Total was around Rs 6850/-

The replacement of Wheel bearing assembly, Lock washer, Gasket and A/C filter is not part of the job card for 70,000 Km servicing. The cost of those items, respective Labour charges and Taxes would be extra from a normal servicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Your car looks fantastic with those alloys, red colour paint, and the subtle reflections on the glass.
Thanks a lot for your kind words.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 21:26   #67
BANNED

Quote:
In the above picture, the front bumper looks to be having a different shade of red as compared to the rest of the car.

Is it due to the lighting or camera angle or only to my eyes?

Did you repaint the bumper?

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 12th July 2013, 09:51   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
In the above picture, the front bumper looks to be having a different shade of red as compared to the rest of the car.

Is it due to the lighting or camera angle or only to my eyes?

Did you repaint the bumper?

Cheers,
Anurag.
I have repainted the bumper and the wheel arch fairing together. Off the pictures, both the colours are the same as both were painted together. No colour difference.

The seeming colour difference might be because of the lighting and the camera angle

Mods: Could you please change the title of the thread to "Ford Figo TDCi Titanium Three years and 70,000 Kms of falling in love"

Last edited by dhanushmenon : 12th July 2013 at 09:53. Reason: Including the request to Mods
Old 12th July 2013, 10:48   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looks very well maintained for 70K. Thats the secret, you maintain it well and it rewards you well ! And 70K in 3 years ? Thats quite some driving!
Old 12th July 2013, 10:57   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
And 70K in 3 years ? Thats quite some driving!
I do some bit of driving whenever I get a chance to. Though those occassions are not so frequent.
However, my driving stints are not anyway close to what you have done.

Had there been a "hatsoff" smiley, I would've used two for you!!
(Only two because, the use of smiley is restricted to that )
Old 12th July 2013, 11:01   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I do some bit of driving whenever I get a chance to. Though those occassions are not so frequent.
However, my driving stints are not anyway close to what you have done.
Oh no - way I dont drive like you guys! I did near a lakh with my Fusion in 7 years. But yes with Duster I think it would touch 20k in one. But thats an upper limit for me.

Though I might have covered most roads; but my highway stints are quite less in number.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 11:06   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
But thats an upper limit for me.

Though I might have covered most roads; but my highway stints are quite less in number.
That's unbelievable!!
More so because in each and every route query thread, I see your foot prints with the latest updates (just like HVK). How do you manage that?
Old 20th April 2015, 20:55   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Did a 3500 Kms run last week. Kochi- Bangalore- Lonavala- Mumbai- Hyderabad- Vizag.

The drive started on 5th from kochi, reaching Lonavala on 7th evening. Was at Lonavala for a week and visited Mumbai during the weekend of 11th and 12th April. The second part of the run started on 15th from Lonavala, terminating at Vizag on 16th evening.

Stumbled on this milestone in between, towards the fag end of the drive.

Ford Figo TDCi Titanium Nine months and 70,000 Kms of falling in Love-1555552_10153282687988824_3583876101877337245_n.jpg

Mileage figures as below:

Kochi- Bangalore: 19.85 Kmpl
Bangalore- Lonavala: 20.5 Kmpl
Mumbai- Hyderabad: 19.75 Kmpl
Hyderabad- Vizag: 21.75 Kmpl

For a four and half year old lady with almost 90,000 Kms under the belt, I am pretty happy with the fuel figures
dhanushmenon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 21:38   #74
PCS
BHPian

Dhanush, I NEED your urgent help

My uncles ford fiesta classic diesel is giving engine troubles like slow pick up, low response to throttle. Dealer has not able to help and has changed speed sensor and what not. Now he wants to service something which costs 24000 rupees . Don't know for what. What could be the possible problem... Please help. URGENT. Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 21:57   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
Dhanush, I NEED your urgent help

My uncles ford fiesta classic diesel is giving engine troubles like slow pick up, low response to throttle. Dealer has not able to help and has changed speed sensor and what not. Now he wants to service something which costs 24000 rupees . Don't know for what. What could be the possible problem... Please help. URGENT. Thanks
Was the EGR cleaned? If not, get it cleaned at the service centre. I have diesel figo (2010) and It costed me 850/-. There is motor driven valve which gets stuck due to exhaust soot. Cleaning the set-up helps the valve to function normally.

Post cleaning, the pick-up, smoothness have gone up and also the engine check light (touch wood) which used to light up intermittently.
Blow Horn Ok is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks