Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2011, 13:19   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Life With Italian Beauty, 100,000 Completed,Fiat Palio 1.9 D

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Palio 1.9 is awesome car, but if it has to be drivan by his wife, ask her to do a test drive, as clutch is on heavier side.
Also if the Car has done 65k, check with owner if he has done all belts changed (Alternator/timing).
Also check with your local TATA ASC and other local parts supplier for the avalability of spares, as finding spares is not difficut in Mumbai.
Also check the working of Fuel Pump as Palios before 2004, are known for problems related to Fuel Pumps.

Am having this car, done more than 1,00,000 Kms and loving the awesome engine, power, handling.

Parimal
Thanks for the advise. I also recommended him to change all the belts if he go for it as the 65K may not be genuine for the diesel car.

I hope the price is quite OK.
Old 22nd January 2012, 13:12   #47
BHPian

Update at 1,09000Km,

After the last update i did servicing at 1,04000 Kms, cost came around 20k, need to find the Invoice for the exact breakup. Following repairs/parts changed did during the service.
1> Oil Change/Oil Filter .. Silenia 3.4 Lit
2> All wheel bearing change .. from 1700 and rear 650 Rs.
3> The mat was wet as some water entered inside the cabin 750 Rs.
4> Changed the Fuel tank(Thanks to bad roads), the Service center had one second hand in good condition..3500 Rs.
5> Auto Cop 3400.

The Car is running awesome, engine is still running like a new, no drop in fuel efficiency.
The only problem i am facing is now for the Right door lock,for which i need a sample to show at Sheety motors (Opera house), os its getting delayed, ow car is awesome. The only issues i have with this car is heavy clutch, wish i could change it Punto's clutch.

Had to change battery after 2 and half years with in warranty. Replacement got 65 Amp and i had to paid 5k,as 18 Months is free replacement . Brand is Ameron.
parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 13:31   #48

Hi, not to sound lazy but have been looking around for some details on Adventure 1.9D shocks, can I use the shocks of the Palio 1.9D on the Adventure 1.9D? Would be great if someone can throw some light on this
Best
Senz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks