Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2011, 19:41   #16
BHPian

Re: Niggles this and there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
THanks Wildon.

No no it happens quite often and I use my car regularly. No gap of 1-2 days till now.

@bluevolt: Thanks a lot. I will also try and put up some videos relating to the newly added features. Eg. Bluetooth.
It used to happen in our car too. If you find that the noise stops after driving a couple of kms, it probably water on the disks. try pumping the brakes a couple of times will moving slowly. Used to solve the problem for us.
scuderiamania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 20:57   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The i-catcher is here and it uber cools too: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta

Quote:
Accessories planned:
1) V-Kool windshield fim
2) Good car cover(any help?)
3)Good all round sunfilms. May be no V-Kool this time.
Congrats on your Korean Beauty ! I love the way the center console is designed. The black & silver combo is a killer in the looks department.

Answers for the above points:

2. Dont you have a covered parking? If so please do away with covers. It could bring a lot of scratches to the car if there is dust accumulated. Also please make sure you clean the windshields everyday if you park it in open space. The dust on the windshield could damage your wiper blades and scratch the front windshield as well.

3. Try 3M - its good. Not so very expensive as well. If you want a lower budget stuff, try Garware. But I strongly recommend 3M since good quality sunfilm can improve A/C efficiency. Llumar is also a good brand.

Please do insist on changing the oil during the first service. Its better for the car after run in.

Also wish you miles of happy & safe motoring !!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th May 2011 at 20:59.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 22:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mon'l View Post
Congrats Pancham for the white i-Catcher and welcome to the Uber Cool Club.
White color is the most classic of the available for this car. It looks really good.

There is one thing I want to ask to the gurus here though. I went for my first free service of i20 CRDi yesterday and the SA there told me that there is no need for oil change till second service. I thought the run-in period required oil-change. Please enlighten.
thanks a lot monil. Your emails have helped me a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
The thread that i had been waiting for.Very well written,good sense of humour.

The i-20 looks handsome,that boot space is really good.

Congrats one again,hope so see the car and get a ride in it soon
Thanks Avishar. The thread I have been waiting for too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
It used to happen in our car too. If you find that the noise stops after driving a couple of kms, it probably water on the disks. try pumping the brakes a couple of times will moving slowly. Used to solve the problem for us.
Exactly!! I do the same and the sound goes away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Congrats on your Korean Beauty ! I love the way the center console is designed. The black & silver combo is a killer in the looks department.

Answers for the above points:

2. Dont you have a covered parking? If so please do away with covers. It could bring a lot of scratches to the car if there is dust accumulated. Also please make sure you clean the windshields everyday if you park it in open space. The dust on the windshield could damage your wiper blades and scratch the front windshield as well.
THanks a lot buddy. I have covered and uncovered parking. Uncovered parking is the place which is visible from our balcony. Actually I live in an apartment and there are quite a few people around here who are notorious for activities which have caused harm to vehicles(intentionally) and I dont want the same to happen to my i20. There are high chances if I keep it in the covered parking area since the car goes out of sight then. Little stupid but I dont want to take chances. Otherwise I would have preferred covered parking anyday.
Quote:
3. Try 3M - its good. Not so very expensive as well. If you want a lower budget stuff, try Garware. But I strongly recommend 3M since good quality sunfilm can improve A/C efficiency. Llumar is also a good brand.
3M is the one I know but out here good dealers are always pushing for Garware and Llumar. I wanted 3M only but they are reluctant. This only makes me think that the 3M could be fake.
Quote:

Please do insist on changing the oil during the first service. Its better for the car after run in.

Also wish you miles of happy & safe motoring !!
THanks for the advice. I will surely do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Hm.. Make sure you are in neutral gear, then switch ON the engine then do a full left and then do an small right left maneuver. If sound comes then welcome to the "rattling club"
I have tried it Wildon and there was no noise. Phew!!

Last edited by Pancham : 30th May 2011 at 22:23.
Old 30th May 2011, 22:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for the i20. Its a spacious, practical, reliable car and I wish you hundreds of miles with it.

Surprised to know you've had a bad experience at the dealership. Pics look like its Spring Hyundai. 3 years ago, when I bought Predator, they were a young and inexperienced bunch, eager to please. They gave me able support on everything, though there were minor documentation issues.

Anyway, if you have problems with the Spring Service centre, let me know. I almost boss them around thanks to my longstanding relationship with them.
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 22:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Congrats for the i20. Its a spacious, practical, reliable car and I wish you hundreds of miles with it.

Surprised to know you've had a bad experience at the dealership. Pics look like its Spring Hyundai. 3 years ago, when I bought Predator, they were a young and inexperienced bunch, eager to please. They gave me able support on everything, though there were minor documentation issues.

Anyway, if you have problems with the Spring Service centre, let me know. I almost boss them around thanks to my longstanding relationship with them.
Even my bro bought an i10 3 years back and he had a good experience. Regarding the Service centre thingy I will surely approach you. You are a Saviour!!
Old 30th May 2011, 23:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car buddy.Finally it's here.

Tints: Would suggest you to get llumar.Have been using their products from the past 5 yrs.Most of our cars are llumard now.The llumar on my 5yr old innova still hasn't faded whereas the gar ware on our anhc faded in a year.They are pretty reasonable too.Costed us around 10k for the front and side,back tints.Which shops have you taken your quotes from?glix,xtreme.

Body Cover: stay away unless you want swirls on your car.I remember using one for the civic last year when it was new and the house was getting renovated to protet it from paint drops.

We use the Bengal Hyundai service for our getz and santro in bagmari.

Keep Revvin.
Rohin

Last edited by cityvic : 30th May 2011 at 23:51.
Old 30th May 2011, 23:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

I have checked out shops in salt lake only== Xtreme, Velocity. Yet to check out Glix. Btw where did you get yours from??
Heard good things about Bengal Hyundai from a close friend.
Old 31st May 2011, 00:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham;
I have checked out shops in salt lake only== Xtreme, Velocity. Yet to check out Glix. Btw where did you get yours from??
I get my stuff from a shop called Status in our area.
Old 31st May 2011, 00:19   #24
BHPian

Congratulations alot Pancham for buying the New i20 Asta 2011.
The changes for the latter(2011) are really Surprising & Refreshing.
Few ones which i've noticed are;
-Horizontal slat central AC vents like Hyundai Elantra.
-Call pick & drop controls on Steering wheel, as you've already stated.

Can you please throw some light on the other specific changes ?

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 31st May 2011 at 00:23. Reason: Text editing needed
Old 31st May 2011, 10:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
I get my stuff from a shop called Status in our area.
Yeah !! I have seen the STATUS sticker in many cars. How is Jaiswal Auto??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Congratulations alot Pancham for buying the New i20 Asta 2011.
The changes for the latter(2011) are really Surprising & Refreshing.
Few ones which i've noticed are;
-Horizontal slat central AC vents like Hyundai Elantra.
-Call pick & drop controls on Steering wheel, as you've already stated.

Can you please throw some light on the other specific changes ?
Thanks a lot

Well there are not many differences actually. The few I have noticed are :

1) Bluetooth for calls as well as playing music.

2) Spare wheel is no more alloy.

3) THe design of the A.C vents have been changed

4) The magna variant now comes with Auto A.C. I dont think this was there previously.
Old 31st May 2011, 10:53   #26
BHPian

Congratulations for your new i-catcher!

For car accessory shops, it actually depends what you are looking out for :

i) For expensive stuff and electrical or electronic components, branded sun-films stick with the big names, GLIX, RIX, XLUSIV, SAMIR, Xtreme, etc. In salt lake i would personally prefer Xtreme.

ii) For small, inexpensive items, mostly the cosmetic stuff like vinyls, door sills, door visors, chrome, etc. the shops at Kankurgachi would make more sense.

iii) For Alloys/Tyre, there's always Indo-Radial Club.

iv) For everything else, there's the A.$.$.
Old 31st May 2011, 13:22   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post

i) For expensive stuff and electrical or electronic components, branded sun-films stick with the big names, GLIX, RIX, XLUSIV, SAMIR, Xtreme, etc. In salt lake i would personally prefer Xtreme.

ii) For small, inexpensive items, mostly the cosmetic stuff like vinyls, door sills, door visors, chrome, etc. the shops at Kankurgachi would make more sense.

Quote:
Xtreme is quite a reliable place. My father gets all his accessories fitted from there as well. As far as I remember, Subho had insisted my father to go for 3M. He got people from 3M to come to his [now closed] facility near Bidhannagar swimming pool and install the sunfilm. Installation too was top notch.

Like mi2n, my father too got his tyres form Indo Radial. Xtreme has of late started keeping alloys but the choice is restricted. Also, I am not sure if they have the proper equipment to put the tyres on the alloys.
Old 31st May 2011, 13:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post

I think i will go to GLIX and check out. I seriously want 3M and only 3M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Xtreme is quite a reliable place. My father gets all his accessories fitted from there as well. As far as I remember, Subho had insisted my father to go for 3M. He got people from 3M to come to his [now closed] facility near Bidhannagar swimming pool and install the sunfilm. Installation too was top notch.

Like mi2n, my father too got his tyres form Indo Radial. Xtreme has of late started keeping alloys but the choice is restricted. Also, I am not sure if they have the proper equipment to put the tyres on the alloys.
This is wierd because he was insisting me to take garware or Llumar. It seemed either he had no 3M sunfilms or the ones which he had were not original. Just my thought.

By the way mi2n I called up VKOOL the other day. Can you tell me if you got any discounts on the sunfilms you got??
Old 31st May 2011, 14:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

at GLIX, SaltLake get in touch with Karan Agarwal. He is a Team BHPian (ace6120). i can let him know that you may be going for a dekho / demo, if you want.

for review and details, see the following thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...e-kolkata.html

Last edited by planet_rocker : 31st May 2011 at 14:25.
Old 31st May 2011, 14:32   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I think i will go to GLIX and check out. I seriously want 3M and only 3M.

This is wierd because he was insisting me to take garware or Llumar. It seemed either he had no 3M sunfilms or the ones which he had were not original. Just my thought.

By the way mi2n I called up VKOOL the other day. Can you tell me if you got any discounts on the sunfilms you got??
I'm not sure if any official discounts are being offered at present at V-Kool, but u surely can negotiate the rates to a large extent. I did get somewhere around INR 1000 deducted from the listed price when i got my T35 done.

Coming to 3M, i think even Glix will try to push for Garware. Last time i visited Glix for sunfilms, they only had Garware and Llumar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks