Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2013, 14:31   #31
BHPian

Re: Sumo Grande MKII GX long term review

I did about 478Kms within city in P1 mode of Dieseltronics and the consumption was 53.5 litres. The mileage comes to about 8.9.
With the stock system I was getting just above 9 kmpl. Not a bad price to pay for a marked improvement.

Next week I am out on the highways and will try the P2 mode for the full trip and report.
arulpeem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 09:30   #32
BHPian

Feedback on the Dieseltronic Box:

Went on a long trip during the last week.
Total distance covered: 1446Kms: (Three trips up and down Yercaud in P2 mode, covering a total of 150 Km in the ghat roads, and 200Km of city driving)
Total Fuel Consumed: 121.5 Litres(measured tank full to tank full)
I was maintaining about 100Km, measured on the Nokia Drive(Indicated 110 on the speedo) on the highways and there were always at least 5 passengers.

But for the ghat sections I was in P1 mode all the time. The overall mileage comes to about 11.9Km. If assume about 9 KmPL for the town driving and about 7 for the ghats then it comes to about 13KmPL for the high way in the P1 and I am very happy about it... In the pre RD era I used to get 12.5KmPL at these speeds. The drive-ability in P1 mode is the part I like the most and with a better fuel consumption.

On one of the trips to Yercaud there were 8 occupants and in P2 mode the climb was effortless. In some of the hairpin bends I could do it very effortlessly in 2nd gear which otherwise was done in first gear earlier.

Overall I am happy about the box.

PS: The torsion bar ball joint broke and got them replaced at Sri Sai works in Salem. Cost me about Rs 2500 including wheel alignment. But the alignment job was a bad one and the tyres were squealing on right hand hairpin bends. The next day I got in rectified in the Namakkal Sri Sai works since the Salem workshop was too busy and I was on my way to Namakkal. They did a better job and the squealing stopped when I climbed up the hills again. Surprisingly both of them never gave me a report, which should be a standard practice. I was told that unless I make a specific request they wouldn't give me... I didn't bother since I was in a hurry to attend a reception.
Old 28th September 2014, 09:14   #33
BHPian

Thought will give an update since I am just near the 90K reading on the odometer.

During the last 15 moths from my last post the following happened:

-Finally the leakage from the top right section of the front windshield was arrested after a prolonged stay at the work shop. Almost three weeks they took...
-First change of tyres at 87K. I still had almost 3 mm of thread left. But one of the tyres got punctured and could not be repaired since on inflation it bloated.
Therefore I decided to change all of four since after 87K the material would have become hard.
-The battery was changed at 89K. It just gave up without any sort of warning. When I started the vehicle in the morning in Yercaud in the cold weather it started on the first crank, but when I was on my way back to Chennai at the fuel station it just went totally dead when I was restarting the car.
-The sedimentation filter warning light was intermittently coming on and it turned out to be a loose contact issue
-Just changed all the four dampers and the rear brake pads and lining. Now the ride is far better and the nose dive has decreased to minimum.
-The doors had started rusting at the bottom. There were also a couple of dents on the right doors caused by minor accidents.VST motors Perungudi completed the tinkering and painting and left the car yesterday at home. Looks like they are back to their old ways. They had attended the superficial painting, but the main problem of the bottom side rusting has not been attended to at all. It is my fault that I didn't do a full check; i was in the middle of my lunch when they got the car home and I just trusted them to have done. it
I have sent the CRM a stinker and the photo and he has promised to come today evening and talk to me, rather pacify me and get it properly done.

There is one minor rattle that comes up at around 1700 to 1800 rpm and then vanishes. Other that there is no other issue in the car.

I intend to keep the vehicle for another two years. That is why I changed the dampers, tyres and also did the tinkering and painting job. The mileage has been consistent around 12 to 13 on the highway and 9+ in the city, all with the ac on all the time.
The Race dynamic tuning box is doing a very good job.

Will post an update on what VST does on the goof up.
arulpeem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 10:00   #34
BHPian

Nice to see a Mk2 holding good!!

Btw, in the last 3 YEARS 5 MONTHS,( that's when you started this thread!) have you not had the time to post a picture of your vehicle!! LOL!!

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 8th October 2014 at 10:02.
Old 8th October 2014, 11:19   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
post a picture of your vehicle!! LOL!!
That is purely because of my laziness and nothing else. But I will definitely do it in the coming week end once the VST guys finish the rubbing and polishing of the painting work that they redid. They took the vehicle last Monday and have done the tinkering and painting. Because of the long weekend they returned the car on Wednesday so that I can use it. I will leave it with them tomorrow or day after.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks