Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2006, 12:24   #16
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
hehe ..yeah this was in a friends santro when i had done about 2500kms in 3 days ...the stock bridgestone tires just sukk ...but trying driving one with 175/60r13 and the whole drive changes
Do you have figures for the top speed with the stock tyres (155/70 R13) versus the 175/60 R13? My guess is that your top speed should have dropped. What about ride quality? As per this review, it is already bad with stock tyres, so I imagine it would have been horrible with 175/60 R13. I am planning for the more conservative 165/65 R13 upgrade (with alloys).
Regards, rks
Old 2nd June 2006, 12:33   #17
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Rks : i have a 175/60 with alloys ... the low speed ride is bad u can feel a lot of jerks, but the ride above 70kmph is aamzing very stable and not much of jerks. The car feels planted, i've taking off ramps at 80kmph+ the tyres dont scream.

i never ran the stock 155/70 flat out but with 175/60 i've gotten to 150kmph
Old 2nd June 2006, 12:48   #18
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
Rks : i have a 175/60 with alloys ... the low speed ride is bad u can feel a lot of jerks, but the ride above 70kmph is aamzing very stable and not much of jerks. The car feels planted, i've taking off ramps at 80kmph+ the tyres dont scream.

i never ran the stock 155/70 flat out but with 175/60 i've gotten to 150kmph
That's great! Thanks a lot for the info. I think the lighter alloys compensate to keep top speed almost same. The question boils down to ride quality on pot-holed roads - if one is prepared to sacrifice a bit here, maybe the 175/60 is wothwhile.
Regards, rks
Old 2nd June 2006, 22:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

nice one dude. Mine's run almost 21k including teh 450km drive I had today. Its an erLx, sept 05 XG model.

This is my second Santro. The first one was teh 81st car at Trivandrum ( mine was teh 3rd booking at Tvm, but got delayed coz of loss of draft by courier company). I sold teh old car for 1.65lac after 5 yrs and 1.1lac kms .It always gave mileage around 14-15kmpl.

The Xing is ok with me and I never ever had the left-side pulling problem. Check your car with another a.s.s. centre !

I do get 15kmpl mileage and think I got 17kmpl today with 120kms with ac and the rest without ac. Speeds at 100+ 90% of the time as I had a job al 'The Transporter' with a time frame.

Brakes one of the best things in a Santro. I use smaller steering wheel and hence cant comment abt the horn thing.

Emm, teh wheels, they need to be changed. Next on my list is teh K&N conical

and rear seat; aint it better tahn what you get on a zen?

And I drove a Wagon R last week. Its steering i damn smooth( not good in real day conditions I guess), thanks to ES. And I liked teh space teh car had for storing things. But the car as a pain to drive in 4/5th at very low speeds and when teh car meets pot holes. thud thud thud.

Last edited by jkdas : 2nd June 2006 at 22:02.
Old 3rd June 2006, 00:06   #20
BHPian

Yes i did it on Noida expresway in fouth gear on level ground and LMAO when I crossed Aza dude in his xing, throttle nailed.

But yes, it feels like its ready to burst into tears at those speeds lets say compares to my other car(OHC).
Man that cars sweet. I was doing 140kmph yesterday only and no sweat. My parents were sleeping in it. N the engine was stil so quiet that they didnt realise it. ;-)
Old 3rd June 2006, 00:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled
Yes i did it on Noida expresway in fouth gear on level ground and LMAO when I crossed Aza dude in his xing, throttle nailed.

But yes, it feels like its ready to burst into tears at those speeds lets say compares to my other car(OHC).
Man that cars sweet. I was doing 140kmph yesterday only and no sweat. My parents were sleeping in it. N the engine was stil so quiet that they didnt realise it. ;-)
Well the bugger is not lying the VTEC he was slipstreaming was MINE and once I got the hang of his plan I whooped his ***!!!!

But yes even I drove a Santro for 3+ years and it turned out to be a great little car except for the little problem of destroyed discs every 3000 kms. due to my flat-out driving!!
Old 3rd June 2006, 12:57   #22
aZa
Senior - BHPian

iraghava shouldn't be allowed to POST in this thread, Sit with him in his vtec and he will make u hate ur Xing :P and yes fuelled aint bluffing i was pedal to the metal at 150kmph and he whizzed past me lol check the meet video for abuses !!!
Old 3rd June 2006, 14:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
iraghava shouldn't be allowed to POST in this thread, Sit with him in his vtec and he will make u hate ur Xing :P
Hehehehe still recovering from the last ride eh aZa!!!
Old 4th June 2006, 03:46   #24
BHPian

I still love my Xing somewhat. But ur right Aza bro, raghave is a corruptive influence... who will introduce to the greed of power in a car ;-).. and its something u cant get rid of.

Look at me, I now use every lil excuse to use my dads OHC.. and till a while back(read as before the delhi meet) i was ok with the xing.
Old 4th June 2006, 10:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

Guys....how good is the standard fog lamp that comes with teh Xing? I want to get one and I prefer the company ones or should I get a local one ( but a good quality one? ). Company one costs 3.5k !
Old 4th June 2006, 10:39   #26
aZa
Senior - BHPian

company ones are awesome and have a "lens effect" and they are brighter than aftermarket ones. but u can't get a blue colored bulb for this application :(
Old 6th June 2006, 06:05   #27
BHPian

Aza's right, the company fog lamps are really good. Havent really compared them to aftermarket ones. But have seen a lot of Xings running very wimpy fogs.. So i guess they were aftermarket.

@Superboy- paste some blue cellophane on the fogs.. Fir u'll get a pimpier ride ;-)
Old 12th June 2006, 23:45   #28

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

@aZa:i guess u wud have preferred a palio....wat say "lord of the bling".dump d santro,use the 7l wisely(like 1.6 gtx)
@fuelled:well written,i wonder howcome i missed it.

Last edited by hellspawn : 12th June 2006 at 23:46.
Old 13th June 2006, 01:57   #29
BHPian

Thanx bro. This is one of the first few posts i made at tbhp. So made an extra effort to make it look right. The other fact that this was my first car(not aZa style though.. by looting the Defence Dept )

UPDATE
Got my car serviced today. It was running like crap before, running diffrent cambers at the front and rear.. the reason it lost its tail two times in the last 3 weeks. The engine also bogged down due to some bad fuel I took by mistake. The santro is surprisingly very sensitive to bad fuel.

But now my babe is all better. Feels very good.

Tyre upgrade planned soon... "Lord of the blings" style.
Will update with the new details later.

Cheers
Fuelled

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks