Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2018, 14:00   #46
BHPian

Re: Chronicles of Jai Sackett – Fiat Punto 1.3L MJD. 2nd year & 3rd service update

The paint job is simply awesome, never expected near factory finish that you got there.

How much did it cost you ?
anand.shankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 12:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chronicles of Jai Sackett – Fiat Punto 1.3L MJD. 2nd year & 3rd service update

Would like to know the cost as well . My dad's Swift has scratches and dents all over and I was planning to give it to Trend for a similar job.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 21:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

I am not putting the price in public as per the request from Dinesh - the cost will vary depending on the amount of dent removal and patchwork on each car and will depend on colour also. I have DMed the cost to all those have asked me - please reach out to me if any specifics are needed.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2018, 17:53   #49
Senior - BHPian

Of late, there is a lot of interest in dashcam (thanks to the Maruti service thread in TBHP which went viral) and I helped 2 of my friends with dashcam purchases, and this got me thinking about buying one for my car too.

While browsing AliExpress one day, I saw that they are having a sale and the Yi Smart Action Cam was going for a very tempting price so I bite the bullet and placed an order.

While waiting for the dash cam to arrive, I placed an order for SanDisk 64GB Class 10 microSDXC Memory Card, to be used in the dash cam.

The packet arrived promptly and the set up was a breeze. The field of view is good and the form factor is not so big to be a deterrent if placed under the IVRM.

I have switched off the ADAS (which anyway works only at 1920X1080p, 30 fps) and the display, so it will not be a distraction while driving. I am recording the footage now in 2304X1296, 30 fps) - The clarity is good, but I was hoping that I will be able to read the number plates when I record 2K video. Slightly disappointed that I am not able to read the number plates, but otherwise, for the price I paid, this is a good buy.

Few snaps:

The package was sent via Singapore post - top-notch tracking with alerts for each major actions.

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – Fiat Punto 1.3L MJD. 2nd year & 3rd service update-img_20180420_101831.jpg

The package:
Chronicles of Jai Sackett – Fiat Punto 1.3L MJD. 2nd year & 3rd service update-img_20180420_101925.jpg

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – Fiat Punto 1.3L MJD. 2nd year & 3rd service update-img_20180420_101934.jpg

The Dashcam:
Chronicles of Jai Sackett – Fiat Punto 1.3L MJD. 2nd year & 3rd service update-img_20180420_102052.jpg

Electronic Eyes - Jai is watching you

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – Fiat Punto 1.3L MJD. 2nd year & 3rd service update-img_20180421_100550.jpg

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2018, 18:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

I was using 3D mats in my car which I bought from Amazon, but they were not 100% fit and I was not really happy with them. I briefly considered getting 3D nomad mats, but the cost was prohibitive - it was either 6K or 8K.

After going through the DIY noodle mat thread in TBHP, I thought I will go the same route, but procuring the mats proved to be a real challenge - I could not find a single shop selling these mats in Begur, Bommanahalli or HSR.

The next option was JC road, but thinking about going there on a Saturday was enough to make me drop the idea. I was at Jayanagar on a Sunday to do some shopping and as luck would have it, we managed to wrap up all our plans early and I thought I will check JC road for the heck of it to see if there is any shops open.

To my surprise, there was one shop open (opposite to the petrol pump) and they had black noodle mats in stock. The brand was Soft Turf Star, with the diamond pattern on the back side. I paid INR 60 per SQ FT and brought 20 SQ FT of the mat with which I managed to cover the floor comfortably.

The driver side footwell - I love the padding, more so because I have the habit of driving barefoot if I am driving for long hours.

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – Fiat Punto 1.3L MJD. 2nd year & 3rd service update-img_20180318_171825_hht.jpg

The shop from where I bought the mat:

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – Fiat Punto 1.3L MJD. 2nd year & 3rd service update-img_20180318_150051.jpg

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 6th May 2018 at 18:10.
theexperthand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2018, 19:07   #51
Senior - BHPian

It was time for the annual service, so while visiting Decathlon a few weeks back, I popped into the new service centre to see if they have started operations. I met Satish, the SA who I always deal with, and confirmed that I can bring the car for service in next week.

Before taking the car to the service, I tried ringing them up to book a slot, but could not get through any of the numbers published in the net, so at last, I called up Sharanapa and booked a slot. But due to some circumstances, I had to change the booking and this time, I was not able to get through any of the listed numbers or though Sharanappa\Satish. Meanwhile, I was getting reminder calls from Vecto motors and I almost decided to give the car at Vecto, if I was not able to contact KHT by EOD. But as luck would have it, I got an SMS from KHT confirming by booking for next day and asking me to SMS back if there is any change. I promptly called up the number and got the service rescheduled.

The service centre is still under construction, but they have started the operations - it houses the service for FIAT, JEEP, TATA, Leyland and Chevrolet and is really big.

Satish was on leave so I got introduced to another chap this time - Raghuram. I was getting a glow plug warning - other than this, there were no complaints. What I like about the Fiat guys is that they never try to sell the additional snake oil items - this time also there was no difference. I was not asked to go for brake cleaning or any other unnecessary services, and the SA informed me that the brake pads are in good nick, so no need to change them.

The service cost was 7846 INR, including 1214 INR for glow plug replacement.

Before the service was finished, I got a call from Raghu saying they have detected a small leak in the brake MC plunger. There is no oil dripping but if you put your finger on the part around the plunger, you can see a film of oil on your finger. I asked them to go ahead and replace it if the part is available, but the part was not available and they have placed an order for the same. Meanwhile, they refilled the fluid and also gave half can of fluid so that I can refill if the level falls below the minimum level (and did not charge anything for the oil).

The SA urged me to get it replaced at the first chance - he was really sorry that the part was not in stock and asked me earnestly to get it replaced at the first chance. In his words, "Sir, this is a matter of safety and I am sorry that I don't have the part now. if you want, please get it replaced from any good workshop outside if you are confident, I will not say that you have to wait till the part arrives here and you have to get it replaced from here itself - you can get it replaced from anywhere you are confident with, but please get it replaced". I was really bowled over with this honest piece of advice and it really affirms my decision to stick with KHT for getting the car serviced.

Few Pics:

The building:

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – Fiat Punto 1.3L MJD. 2nd year & 3rd service update-img_20180430_083649.jpg

The service bays:

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – Fiat Punto 1.3L MJD. 2nd year & 3rd service update-img_20180430_083908.jpg

Panoramic view of the service area:

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – Fiat Punto 1.3L MJD. 2nd year & 3rd service update-img_20180430_083908pano.jpg

The lift to transport the cars up and down:

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – Fiat Punto 1.3L MJD. 2nd year & 3rd service update-img_20180430_083915.jpg

Dedicated bay for Abarth:

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – Fiat Punto 1.3L MJD. 2nd year & 3rd service update-img_20180430_084249.jpg

Tyre alignment equipment by Hunter, provided by Madhus:

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – Fiat Punto 1.3L MJD. 2nd year & 3rd service update-img_20180430_084324.jpg

Braned merchandise for sale:

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – Fiat Punto 1.3L MJD. 2nd year & 3rd service update-img_20180430_084032.jpg

Google maps location here.

The mobile numbers:

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 14:15   #52
Senior - BHPian

The Google link in my previous post is confusing, so leaving the correct link here: https://goo.gl/maps/LYYzmQygQ592

Thanks to @CrAzY dRiVeR for pointing it out.

-Anoop
Old 3rd July 2023, 11:21   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Lights up

So, while trawling amazon, I came across Hella highway hawk driving lights and since it was not really costly, decided to bite the bullet and upgrade the aux lights.

--Anoop
@theexperthand, could you tell me where you got the Hellas/neolight fixed? I have the lights and the number plate mounts. I need a good mechanic who can fix it & do the wiring as well.

--Raghu
linea_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 20:25   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linea_tjet View Post
@theexperthand, could you tell me where you got the Hellas/neolight fixed? I have the lights and the number plate mounts. I need a good mechanic who can fix it & do the wiring as well.

--Raghu
I got it fixed at an FNG in Kerala. Which part of Bangalroe are you located in?

--Anoop
Old 5th July 2023, 07:58   #55

Quote:
I got it fixed at an FNG in Kerala. Which part of Bangalroe are you located in?

--Anoop
I stay near Attibele. These are the components I have. I picked them from another totalled Linea.

Raghu
Attached Thumbnails
Chronicles of Jai Sackett – Fiat Punto 1.3L MJD. 2nd year & 3rd service update-hella-comet-ff-200.jpg  

Old 6th July 2023, 17:24   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linea_tjet View Post
I stay near Attibele. These are the components I have. I picked them from another totalled Linea.

Raghu
Check with Swastikaa Auto Centre, Begur - they may be able to help you.

https://goo.gl/maps/3q4NWv9hTQhXcodw6
Old 6th July 2023, 20:22   #57

Quote:
Check with Swastikaa Auto Centre, Begur - they may be able to help you.

https://goo.gl/maps/3q4NWv9hTQhXcodw6
Totally forgot about this centre, Anoop . Had bookmarked this in HVK FB group.
Thanks for the pointers. Will definitely go there.

Raghu.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks