Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2011, 11:09   #1
BHPian

My new Ford Figo TDCi Titanium - Diamond White

Finally got the delivery of my Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium last Thursday. Color is Diamond White. Fog Lamp and USB extension cable are added to the stock.

Deciding factors:
After 4 years, got bored with Wagon-R and find it difficult to take for long drives as the road condition is improved a lot these days (i drive twice or thrice a year from Chennai to Tuticorin). Below are my factors on deciding the car.

1. Should be a hatch - I don't use my bike anymore and i need a car to go anywhere in the city
2. Diesel - no explanation needed
3. Need to be solid in high speeds (100 to 120 kmph)
4. Good driving dynamics
5. Security feature - ABS and Twin Air back must
6. Lesser the cost the better

I was considering i20, Polo and Ford Figo and deciding on Ford Figo was quite easy based on the above factors (if Pola had 1.6 diesel, i would have stretched my budget).

Booking and Delivery

Done the booking with MPL Ford Taramani by paying 10K on 1st June by giving cheque and paid rest of the amount by Cheque on 6th June. Got the VIN number on 10th and got the insurance from outside on 13th. Registration is done on 14th and car is ready for deliver on 15th evening. Took the delivery on 16th Morning.

The dealer kept the delivery timeline promises. However, i had couple of issues with the dealer in the process:
1. Initially i was told that i can take the insurance outside but when i was booking the they back tracked. I almost walked out and then they agreed
2. Incorrect price was given by the sales person for the Alloy wheels and only the account department detected this during the final payment and then i have decided not to buy the Alloy from them after that
3. Pre delivery inspection is not allowed before registration by giving various weird reasons
4. Overall knowledge level of sales person is not good (which i don't mind, as i got all required details from Team-Bhp)

I have pointed the price discrepancy issue to MPL ford through their website feedback and i got a call and mail promptly with apology.

First Impressions
This is my first diesel driving experience. My initial impression are related to my experience with Wagon R.

The better compared to Wagon R
1. The car feels solid with better road grip
2. The car pulls well especially from the 3rd Gear
3. Space inside is good.
4. Seat fabric and other plastics are of better quality
5. Stock music system is good

The not so good compared to Wagon R
1. Missing the smoothness and ease of city ride in gears 1 to 3
2. Low seating position bit difficult to get in and out
3. Limited cup/bottle holders, storage space on doors and dash
4. Low Ground clearance. Already got two small scrapes in the bumps. This is one factor i need to be careful.

Visibility is good and comparable with Wagon R.

Drove only 100 KMs so far and slowly getting used to the Diesel dynamics of driving. Hope it will become smooth in a week or two. Yet to get a chance to drive in High way and i am sure i will enjoy that with kind of power and pulling.

Plans
1. Need to add Tint - will be doing soon
2. Alloy Wheels - Hopefully within a month
3. A two din touch screen music system with good speakers, amp and GPS (just thinking, will take upto an year). The stock system is with good features and good bass. I get some distortion at high volume level. But i can say it is one of the best stock system when compared to similar cars.

Photos
Photos are taken using iPod at the date of delivery. I am yet to take photos with a good camera and will post them later.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Ford Figo TDCi Titanium - Diamond White-img_0017.jpg  

My new Ford Figo TDCi Titanium - Diamond White-img_0019.jpg  

r_devakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 11:20   #2
BHPian

Re: My new Ford Figo TDCi Titanium - Diamond White

Congrats on your new car. I'am sure you'll enjoy driving Figo. i own a fiesta and can vouch for Ford being a driver's car.
Regards
Amit
Old 20th June 2011, 11:37   #3
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on your ride!

Low GC is a problem almost every hatchback/sedan owner faces! Guess we just have to live with it; the problems lie with our roads, not the vehicles.

Does the car have a rear demister? If it does, it would be wise to not fit tints on the rear windshield.

Also, what is a Twin air back? (you've listed it as a security feature). Air bags?

Have a great time driving!

PS : do remove the ribbon on the bonnet; it tends to corrode the paint over time.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 20th June 2011 at 11:38.
Old 20th June 2011, 11:48   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave7377 View Post
Congrats on your new car. I'am sure you'll enjoy driving Figo. i own a fiesta and can vouch for Ford being a driver's car.
Regards
Amit
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Congratulations on your ride!

Low GC is a problem almost every hatchback/sedan owner faces! Guess we just have to live with it; the problems lie with our roads, not the vehicles.

Does the car have a rear demister? If it does, it would be wise to not fit tints on the rear windshield.

Also, what is a Twin air back? (you've listed it as a security feature). Air bags?

Have a great time driving!

PS : do remove the ribbon on the bonnet; it tends to corrode the paint over time.
Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, it is Air Bag

yes, I have removed the ribbon immediately after the photo shot
Old 20th June 2011, 11:56   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Finally got the delivery of my Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium last Thursday.
Hey, yet another Figo on tbhp, and that alone proves how much of an enthusiast car it is.. Congrats mate!
Quote:
This is my first diesel driving experience. My initial impression are related to my experience with Wagon R.

4. Low Ground clearance. Already got two small scrapes in the bumps. This is one factor i need to be careful.
The Figo is miles ahead of Wagon R in all departments, except may be, ergonomics, and is actually a generation ahead. Regarding GC, the Figo is NOT low on GC, but the the problem is its rear suspension is soft and sags on full load. May be coil spring adjusters would help in this regard.
Old 20th June 2011, 12:00   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hey, yet another Figo on tbhp, and that alone proves how much of an enthusiast car it is.. Congrats mate!

The Figo is miles ahead of Wagon R in all departments, except may be, ergonomics, and is actually a generation ahead. Regarding GC, the Figo is NOT low on GC, but the the problem is its rear suspension is soft and sags on full load. May be coil spring adjusters would help in this regard.
Thank you. One important factor i forgot to mention. It is the steering feedback. Felt like driving a car after a gap of four year
Old 20th June 2011, 13:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

@devakumar,

Congratulations on the Figo. Its a true VFM car. The white colour looks good on the Figo.

Regarding the GC, I have driven the Figo and never felt the GC was an issue. The car could easily handle the Mumbai potholes and the speed breakers with relative ease.
Old 20th June 2011, 14:08   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Finally got the delivery of my Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium last Thursday. Color is Diamond White. Fog Lamp and USB extension cable are added to the stock.
Congratulations on the buy and welcome to the figo club!
Could you give details of the offers you got?

Quote:
3. Pre delivery inspection is not allowed before registration by giving various weird reasons
Thats unusual! You should not have proceeded without doing a PDI check!

Quote:
3 - Not sure how much storage space the wagon R has, But the figo has good storage space for bottles/cups in the doors and near the hand brake!
space on the dash is restricted by the airbags though!

4- Dont worry, you will get used to it. As you drive more and more, you will adjust your driving to avoid the scraping.
Old 20th June 2011, 15:14   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@devakumar,

Congratulations on the Figo. Its a true VFM car. The white colour looks good on the Figo.

Regarding the GC, I have driven the Figo and never felt the GC was an issue. The car could easily handle the Mumbai potholes and the speed breakers with relative ease.
Thank you. The GC issue might be because of my driving style with Wagon R. Hope it will go when i tuned to Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Congratulations on the buy and welcome to the figo club!
Could you give details of the offers you got?
Thank you. I got Rs.5000/- worth of accessories (adjusted with Fog lamp and part of USB cable) and 3rd Year extended warranty free.

Quote:
3 - Not sure how much storage space the wagon R has, But the figo has good storage space for bottles/cups in the doors and near the hand brake!
space on the dash is restricted by the airbags though!
It is mainly on the dash, but even in the doors, the depth of storage in Wagon-R is slightly better.
Old 20th June 2011, 15:34   #10
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Devakumar for the white Figo. Figo at best in white. GC is an issue, but correct tyre pressure would help a bit.
Happy Motoring.
Old 20th June 2011, 17:13   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats r_devakumar; the Figo looks smashing in both white and red.
I think the GC issues can be resolved by verifying and ensuring correct tire pressure and appropriate loading. I guess you may also find some difference in the driving as you have shifted from a tall boy.
Do you find the legrooom & footwell adequate?
Old 20th June 2011, 17:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Devkumar on your Ford Figo. Figo is the best VFM diesel hatch on sale now days.

Wishing you many years of happy and safe driving.
Old 20th June 2011, 20:17   #13
BHPian

Hey r_devakumar,
congrats on the new car, wish you a lots of happy miles. White is elegant colour, good choice.

Just a few questions.
1. What is the OTR price?
2. and how is the noise level in cabin?
3. Since you have driven both Maruti and ford now, which gear shift do you feel is better?
Old 20th June 2011, 22:33   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congrats Devakumar for the white Figo. Figo at best in white. GC is an issue, but correct tyre pressure would help a bit.
Happy Motoring.
Thank you. Yet to check the tyre pressure, but looks ok for me. It may be more to do with my driving style (from Wagon R to Figo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Congrats r_devakumar; the Figo looks smashing in both white and red.
I think the GC issues can be resolved by verifying and ensuring correct tire pressure and appropriate loading. I guess you may also find some difference in the driving as you have shifted from a tall boy.
Do you find the legrooom & footwell adequate?
Thank you. Initially felt little difference with respect to leg space (knees hitting the center area near the music unit), but after adjusting to my comfortable driving position, no issues. Good amount of legroom and footwell space. I am 5`5" tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Congratulations Devkumar on your Ford Figo. Figo is the best VFM diesel hatch on sale now days.

Wishing you many years of happy and safe driving.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacd80 View Post
Hey r_devakumar,
congrats on the new car, wish you a lots of happy miles. White is elegant colour, good choice.

Just a few questions.
1. What is the OTR price?
2. and how is the noise level in cabin?
3. Since you have driven both Maruti and ford now, which gear shift do you feel is better?
1. 6.31L (including Fog and USB cable, Insurance taken outside)
2. Dont' see any issue with Noise level inside the cabin. But i am not able to give any comparison with any of the other cars i test drove recently.
3. Figo Gear shift is much better than Wagon R (in fact Wagon R has one of the worst gear box in my view, but the recent K10 one is better). My issue is different here. Since i am moving from Petrol to Diesel now, i am still learning to drive the Diesel especially in lower gears and finding the optimal points to shift between gears without loss of power and jerk. It is getting better on every drive.
Old 21st June 2011, 09:32   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Finally got the delivery of my Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium last Thursday. Color is Diamond White.
Congratulations. I too have booked Figo TDCI ZXI, Diamond White on 3rd June 2011 and waiting for delivery. You know JD Power Survey for color of Cars indicate White at Top and Silver at 2nd Place. So we will be Joining Majority as far as Color of car is Concerned.
Quote:
The dealer kept the delivery timeline promises. However, i had couple of issues with the dealer in the process:
1. Initially i was told that i can take the insurance outside but when i was booking the they back tracked. I almost walked out and then they agreed
2. Incorrect price was given by the sales person for the Alloy wheels and only the account department detected this during the final payment and then i have decided not to buy the Alloy from them after that
4. Overall knowledge level of sales person is not good (which i don't mind, as i got all required details from Team-Bhp)

I have pointed the price discrepancy issue to MPL ford through their website feedback and i got a call and mail promptly with apology.
Yes Ford takes quick action on issues reported to them, it may be by call to 1800-425-2500 (Toll Free), or Mail from website or "FordFigo" Facebook page. I posted my issues on Facebook and those got resolved with in weeks time. You can try that also when ever you face any issues with service or niggles you face.

I was refused own PDI earlier but reporting on Facebook and few exchange of mails with CustCare, Dealer agreed to own PDI, Registration and Insurance from Outside and Removed extra load like 3M polish, Underbody Coating, essential Pack etc. etc. Now I have option of buying any accessories which I wish and I can take extended warranty at any time before Factory Warranry expires. This has brought down Initial purchase cost of Figo to considerable extent. I got Foggs free and 5K discount in the whole process. So prospective buyers try out this option before booking, hope it helps you in spending hard earned money in manner you want it rather than the way Dealer forces on you.

Quote:
The not so good compared to Wagon R
1. Missing the smoothness and ease of city ride in gears 1 to 3
2. Low seating position bit difficult to get in and out
I discussed low GC problem on FaceBook Discussion board with many Figo owners. They advise to keep correct tire pressures as mentioned in manual by weekly inspection and cross bumps diagonally with speed @10 KMPH. But overall GC problem is accepted by Figo owners considering the Largest wheel base in the segment, we cant do much about it.

Another problem discussed about Figo to greater extend is poor Head Lamps. Gemi Thomas has suggested solution for this. Add Fogg Lamps and Upgrade to Phillips bulbs (available as Accessory). I am getting Foggs fitted at time of delivery and may be after market Phillips Extreme Power bulbs, considering the steep difference between after market and OEM prices. But not yet finalized.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks