Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 13:24   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Maruti Suzuki Baleno 50,000 Km review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
'NANO IS A ONE LAKH CAR. NEW NANO COSTS ONE LAKH. SO OLD NANO WILL GET FOR HALF THE PRICE"
I have to sell one of the two cars since it is almost impossible for me to keep two cars.
But, I will sell only if I get a price where I can adjust my nano selling loss also in that
Kindly tell whoever comes to you with all this crap to check the price of a new Nano out and then talk.

Your Nano should command 1.55-1.7 ; but again only if there is a buyer who comapres your Nano with a showroom buy.

Between the two ; I'd choose the Baleno anyday.

My boss got a Baleno in 2004 on my reco , he has done 1 lakh kms and is still happy
Old 3rd August 2011, 08:51   #17
BHPian

KMohanan, please think a thousand times before selling a Baleno for a Nano. I say this because such a thought arose in my mind too, to sell off the Baleno and buy some other car like the I10, or the Skoda Fabia, or the Volkswagen Polo. But frankly speaking, I dont think any of these cars can give you the comfort, power, and the Big car feel as the Baleno. Baleno is a Gem of a Car, hit by the poor marketing by Maruti Suzuki, and a bit of disappointment on the rear shape department; but I'd like to tell you, it doesnt look that bad, as you and me think as owners of the car.

I installed a LPG kit in my Baleno, and it gave me an excellent performance along with a saving of almost Rs 1.5/km. Think again on your decision to sell off your Baleno. Its the real no-nonsense car.

Yes, but there's a darker side to this as well. I love my Baleno, but the spares are a bit on the expensive side, and you need to know the shops where they're easily available. For instance, some idiotic Bike rider broke my Outside rear view mirror. I got a new mirror (only the mirror and not the whole assembly) for Rs 350. So, if you can bear such once in a while expenses, DONT SELL YOUR BALENO.
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderlover View Post
KMohanan, please think a thousand times before selling a Baleno for a Nano. ...But frankly speaking, I dont think any of these cars can give you the comfort, power, and the Big car feel as the Baleno. Baleno is a Gem of a Car....DONT SELL YOUR BALENO.
A hearty Amen to that.
Old 31st August 2011, 14:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderlover View Post
KMohanan, please think a thousand times before selling a Baleno for a Nano. I say this because such a thought arose in my mind too, to sell off the Baleno and buy some other car like the I10, or the Skoda Fabia, or the Volkswagen Polo. But frankly speaking, I dont think any of these cars can give you the comfort, power, and the Big car feel as the Baleno. Baleno is a Gem of a Car, hit by the poor marketing by Maruti Suzuki, and a bit of disappointment on the rear shape department; but I'd like to tell you, it doesnt look that bad, as you and me think as owners of the car.

I installed a LPG kit in my Baleno, and it gave me an excellent performance along with a saving of almost Rs 1.5/km. Think again on your decision to sell off your Baleno. Its the real no-nonsense car.

Yes, but there's a darker side to this as well. I love my Baleno, but the spares are a bit on the expensive side, and you need to know the shops where they're easily available. For instance, some idiotic Bike rider broke my Outside rear view mirror. I got a new mirror (only the mirror and not the whole assembly) for Rs 350. So, if you can bear such once in a while expenses, DONT SELL YOUR BALENO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
A hearty Amen to that.
Yes. I am also reluctant to sell my Baleno. I have fully serviced the LPG kit in the car. Replaced diaphram etc. Now, it runs well on LPG too. I have covered around 2000 kms after the purchase. A great car. Decided to sell the nano and proceeding.
Old 31st August 2011, 23:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
Yes. I am also reluctant to sell my Baleno. I have fully serviced the LPG kit in the car. Replaced diaphram etc. Now, it runs well on LPG too. I have covered around 2000 kms after the purchase. A great car. Decided to sell the nano and proceeding.
Well I must say, you have taken the right decision. Baleno can't be sold off for a nano. The very thought is impractical. I'm glad I could be of some help in your decision making. Hope your Baleno runs well for quite sometime and then you will be proud of your decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks