Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2014, 07:10   #361
BHPian

Re: The Grey Torquedo - My Optra Magnum - The Next Level!

Hi,
I am bumping into a sleepy thread. You guys were the ones who inspired to buy Grey Optra Magnum LT in 2012.
My Magnum had a tough time due to engine build ( flood) and recently an issue with main fuel pump. After fighting more than a month I got it replaced free of cost as the issue was first raised when it was under warranty.

One thing I noticed after replacing the fuel pump is that turbo lag has reduced a lot and it is almost negligible. I am just wondering at it.
Cam position sensor was also replaced with the pump and I had to pay 2K for the sensor.

I am not sure if I should keep this car or sell it as reliability is an important factor for me.
Now there is a whistling noise coming from the front at a particular rpm band and the dealer told that it is power steering pump.

My car has just done 40K and it is more than 2.5 years old, i am wondering at this new power steering issue. Why do GM has low quality OE parts in a D segment car like Magnum. But magnum is a delight to drive
How is your experience these days? .
Where are our Magnum fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
An Optra owner would never want to sell this beast

I was in a similar fix, I had bought one in Oct 11 and left overseas in Oct 12 with only 7355 Kms on it.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 15th September 2018 at 12:21. Reason: formatting
Tornado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 04:18   #362
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
How is your experience these days? .
Where are our Magnum fans?
Hi Tornado -

It has been a while since I have been with my beauty, I have been travelling since October 12, was there in India, briefly from Sep 13 to Dec 13.

My beast had 11K + on it by the time I left India.

On the 20th of October it has completed 3 years but with only 11K Kms.

On the steering pump issue, there was an issue with my steering pump as well, which got replaced within warranty, the cost mentioned in the bill was close to 10.5K.

Keyur also got his replaced when we spoke a while back within the warranty.

I am back for a month in December and shall post updates on what has been happening around my Grey Shark !!

Cheers and keep the beast with you, nothing comes closer even today when compared to this.

Happy Motoring !!

PS. I would be back (moving out of India) in Jan for a long overhaul, looking to sell it as it has only 11K clocks in 3+ years, if anyone is interested please PM me. The car shall be in Delhi.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 14:29   #363

My Optra Magnum is doing great, 64k+ kms in 3.5 years No short-term replacement plans.

The only complaint has been the low position of the oil sump - combined with the relatively softer suspension and heavy engine, it scrapes many a road hump and i've had to replace the oil sump once already (cost >10k)and i'm worried when Famous Bangalore Roads will cause another replacement !
Old 15th September 2018, 12:04   #364

Hi. I have a '12 model LT2.0 which was doing well till recently. Of late there is some issue with the suspension and the Auth SS suggested I replace the suspension... Cost around 50k.
Can someone please suggest a reliable place where I can get my Chevy checked and repaired. I'm tired of the Trident service center as they are not interested in Optra anymore.
Old 16th September 2018, 17:42   #365
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjmads View Post
I'm tired of the Trident service center as they are not interested in Optra anymore.
There's a brand new ASC on Bannerghatta Road beside Mantri Residency, why do you take it there once?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks