Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2011, 21:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT :Third Service Completed

Heartiest Congratulations, the T-jet looks absolutely stunning in Black!

So when you say "Terrestial Fighter Jet", just wondering what the context was - are you, by any chance, propagating street racing ??
Old 9th July 2011, 21:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT :Third Service Completed

Congratulations Kartik for your brand new Fiat Linea. It's a fantastic fun to drive car. TATA A.S.S is the only fear in a person's mind when he thinks of Linea. And she looks too awesome in black shade.

Very nice review and pictures, rated four stars.

Please do update the thread with servicing experience with TATA A.S.S.

Wishing you happy and safe driving.

Cheers!
Old 9th July 2011, 22:07   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on the T-Jet. It really is a dark horse when it comes to performance. I've always liked how FIAT never skimped on tires for the Linea, the fat tires offer good comfort. The spoiler is looking awesome.
JustCause is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 22:42   #19
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the wishes everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations Karthik!!!

Thanks for the well written review and excellent photos. The car looks awesome in black!

Great start indeed, and looking forward for your updates on the car.
Drive safe
I'll post regular updates on my jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Best looking car in its segment...esp the rear. Nice photographs

My coverage per year has gone up considerably & my next car has to be only a diesel variant. Now your review and photos are tempting me to go for a used T-Jet & use the saved money for compensating the differential amount in fuel
You'd love driving it so I doubt you would still opt for a Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrockz View Post
Amazing car Karthik... Congrats. Crazy spoiler man... fits the Tjet like T!!!
Great Photographs... or rather a great looking car.
It only gets better now!
Thanks buddy. I agree this spoiler shape is much better than the previous one which looked like a fat lip on the boot

Quote:
Being an owner of the Tjet myself, few things you should check (based on my experiences)...
1) Please check if the Spare wheel tyre is totally new. Check for any puncture removal marks. I discovered one in mine after 4 months and 10K km! And my case is being passed around like a water bomb ball between the dealer, Good Year and Fiat.
2) Check if the doors are aligned correctly, the lines and gaps should be perfect. And they should shut cleanly. The Rubber linings are a giveaway about the door alignments. Any scuffing or damage means the door is not fitted correctly.
There doesn't seem to be a problem in these areas. Checked them thoroughly again now.

Quote:
3) Check if the luggage hatch closes and opens without any squeaks / groans. Mine now is groaning and they cant get a replacement for the suspension as Tjet one is unique, other Lineas' dont fit!
4) Glove compartment should close perfectly.
5) Ask for a demo of the rear seat folding and unfolding (with seat belts in position)
6) Check if the AC cools properly... Tjet Ac is an absolute chiller and it should behave so. Tjets it seems have a history of the AC gas leaking.
7) There is a rubber lining along the sides on the roof, check if they fit into the groove properly... the lining should absolutely not peep up or out of the roofline.
I'll keep these in mind. Thanks for the detailed information. This is the kind of stuff I never get anywhere other than teambhp.

Quote:
8) During the first service stick to your car like a magnet and tick off the check list provided in the service book as to whether the service folk are conducting all the checks. Ensure the oil change /topping is the brand suggested by FIAT. Insist on the alignment and the report of the same. I feel I have been short changed on all these issues. (Saw the service guys running around with a Castrol drum)
I'll definitely do this in the first service. Thanks again

Quote:
9) Most importantly ....
You as a driver have thrown all caution to the wind and followed your heart to buy a Petrol vehicle which costs more than a Diesel by a Lac.
Congratulations, you will still sleep easy in the night and be grinning when you are driving.
You will be grinning when you zap the Ventoes, Optras, ANHCs and the ilk, if and when you get to see their expressions. Park alongside any of them and you will know your car looks like a million bucks. You will have the urge to get a holeshot at every signal, you will look to check for a challenge in the rear view mirror, but u gotta remember Peter Parker..."with great power comes great response(ibility)" Therefore FIAT gave your 16 inchers and 4 discs.

Welcome to the special world of Tjetters!!!

And a word of caution...never never be seen in the Passengers' Seat!
Hahaha. Truly, the T-jet is one heck of a car that I just can't seem to get enough of. I agree with you on the responsibility part though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
What a wonderful review. I thoroughly enjoyed reading and seeing your black beauty. Pure awesomeness as they say it.

I've always seen the car in maroon or white. Black just looks stunning. Maintaining the beauty would be a horrendous task for you though.
Agreed. Black is going to be tough to maintain. Geared up to meet the cleanliness challenge

Quote:
I know one should not be asking about FE figures for a beast like t-jet, but can't help it. kitna deta hai?
At the moment I am getting around 10 kmpl. Only 180km done so far.

Quote:
And what was the final OTR price?
10.78 lacs after all discounts excluding accessories. Including accessories + GPS unit, it came to 11.2 lacs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
Congrats on your purchase and the great pictures, that 3M treatment looks like something mine needs already.

On the rattles - do post an update. I have 4 months/2500km (I know :( ) and the car is gradually beginning to make random rattles once in a while, it keeps moving and it is a bit variable.

The OEM HU is not too bad, I use it power some Focal components in the front and a cheap Hertz coax in the back, it does a credible job.

Watch the brakes, they take some time to come to optimum performance. I would not push the car too hard for the first 500km r so, not because of the engine but the brakes.

Agree with the low-speed jiggly behaviour, but this is the price you pay for a stiff and stable car at highway cruising speeds and while going mad around bends. I find the grip of the stock tyres to be a little on the weak side.
Thanks. I'll watch out for the brakes and the rattles. No comment on the tyre grip though. Haven't done any cornering yet but they seem to be noisy, especially felt since my previous car was shod with Michelin XM1+ Energy which were almost noiseless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Heartiest Congratulations, the T-jet looks absolutely stunning in Black!

So when you say "Terrestial Fighter Jet", just wondering what the context was - are you, by any chance, propagating street racing ??
Hahaha no way. I am no propgator of street racing. Just had to coin some goofy title for my review. If I was one of those street racers, I wouldn't be on team-bhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Congratulations Kartik for your brand new Fiat Linea. It's a fantastic fun to drive car. TATA A.S.S is the only fear in a person's mind when he thinks of Linea. And she looks too awesome in black shade.

Very nice review and pictures, rated four stars.

Please do update the thread with servicing experience with TATA A.S.S.

Wishing you happy and safe driving.

Cheers!
Thanks so much. I'll post my updates frequently.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 23:12   #20
BHPian

Hey KarthikK,
Congrats on your new car. You have a great car and a great camera (Nikon D5000) as well.
Just make sure that you click a few photos of your wife / girl as well and not just the car, cos' you might just have to sleep on an empty stomach after a pleasurable drive

Also, could you post some pictures of the engine compartment. I was not able to get the feel of the illuminated door sills with the closeup. Could you get one at a wide angle?

Congrats again, and happy driving!
keyur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 23:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the stunningly gorgeous beauty . Your favourite angle is my favourite too
BTW, have you thought of getting a shark fin antennae ? IMO it would look smashing on your car
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 23:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!! This is one of the best and shiniest looking Lineas I have ever seen. The final finish looks awesome. In fact it looked awesome at the stockyard, even before the paint treatment. Please put in more pics of the exterior and interiors. In the "logo says it all" pic in the 2nd post, the paint looks like it has sparkle/glitter added to it? Is the factory paint like that or is it some effect?

One suggestion though: If possible, can you get rid of the big rectangular mud flaps? They are the only things that don't gel well with the character of the car.

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 9th July 2011 at 23:22. Reason: Pic details added.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 23:25   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
- Special thanks to Earthed and Bnzjon too for their ownership reviews which helped seal my choice.
Thanks karthik ! you made my day.
Now i need to run to FIAT to get my incentive/commission

I knew this was coming and was waiting for some time now.

Thanks for the well written review and excellent photos. The car looks awesome in black! She look gorgeous in black

Happy Motoring ! Have FIATfull days ahead.
bnzjon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 23:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on owning the best driver oriented Petrol car in the segment.

About your issues/dislikes
- Minor bumps and potholes are not filtered at low speeds.
That is the price you have to pay for stiffer suspensions and better handling.

- Clutch pedal has a very long travel, left foot starts paining in long durations of bumper-to-bumper traffic.
This is common to all fiats. By the way, is it cable type clutch or are they still sticking to Hydraulic ones?

- Cramped footwell and quite closely spaced pedals. They could have made it a little more spacious for such a big car.
At least you have a dead pedal.

- Turning radius is a bit of a bother especially in the city. Most of the times, a U turn cannot be completed in 1 go.
I agree. A real pain to drive in City.

- Rear visibility (during reversing) is restricted due to the high stance of the rear windshield and the car itself.
Drive a Vento to understand what poor rear visibility means.
oxyzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 23:57   #25
Senior - BHPian

What a beauty ! Your car looks stunning to say the least, especially after the 3M treatment. The spoiler fits in perfectly with the sportiness of this car.

Fiat owners in bangalore have been reporting good service from Prerana, so i don't see that being a problem for you.

Needless to say, but enjoy the car ! Drive safe and keep us updated.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2011, 08:59   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Any reason for not considering the Laura TSi apart from potential After sales service issues. The TSi with the discounts would have been approx 12.xx OTR
You guessed right. The After sales service is the culprit. Although Fiat's is equally infamous, at least the prices aren't going to hit the roof like the Skoda. Besides, I think the TSi in Bangalore costs 13.xx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I do remember seeing a Linea with a rear spoiler in the free BDA parking near Jyothi Nivas College. On this Friday at around 5 in Evening. Was it you?

And yes many congratulations on the purchase.
Thanks for the wishes. Nope that wasn't me. I was on leave, watching a movie at home at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Congrats on the stunningly gorgeous beauty . Your favourite angle is my favourite too
BTW, have you thought of getting a shark fin antennae ? IMO it would look smashing on your car
Thanks a lot! I will check out this shark fin antenna. Not too familiar with ICE stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyur View Post
Hey KarthikK,
Congrats on your new car. You have a great car and a great camera (Nikon D5000) as well.
Just make sure that you click a few photos of your wife / girl as well and not just the car, cos' you might just have to sleep on an empty stomach after a pleasurable drive

Also, could you post some pictures of the engine compartment. I was not able to get the feel of the illuminated door sills with the closeup. Could you get one at a wide angle?

Congrats again, and happy driving!
Thanks a ton for the wishes. Sorry I'm not married yet!! Too early for experiencing the wife's jealousy part - Haha

I'll definitely psot some pics of the under bonnet contents and a wider angle of the illuminated door sils today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Congratulations!! This is one of the best and shiniest looking Lineas I have ever seen. The final finish looks awesome. In fact it looked awesome at the stockyard, even before the paint treatment. Please put in more pics of the exterior and interiors. In the "logo says it all" pic in the 2nd post, the paint looks like it has sparkle/glitter added to it? Is the factory paint like that or is it some effect?

One suggestion though: If possible, can you get rid of the big rectangular mud flaps? They are the only things that don't gel well with the character of the car.
Thank you so much. I will put in more pics of the exteriors as soon as I click some. The logo hasn't been tampered with at all. It was drizzling in the morning yesterday. Perhaps the moisture on the logo playing tricks with the sunlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Thanks karthik ! you made my day.
Now i need to run to FIAT to get my incentive/commission

I knew this was coming and was waiting for some time now.

Thanks for the well written review and excellent photos. The car looks awesome in black! She look gorgeous in black

Happy Motoring ! Have FIATfull days ahead.
You sure can get your commission. Thanks a ton for your ownership review and the PMs for clarifying all my stupid doubts on the door sils (for back doors) - LOL and the misalignment issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
What a beauty ! Your car looks stunning to say the least, especially after the 3M treatment. The spoiler fits in perfectly with the sportiness of this car.

Fiat owners in bangalore have been reporting good service from Prerana, so i don't see that being a problem for you.

Needless to say, but enjoy the car ! Drive safe and keep us updated.
Thanks! Keeping my fingers crossed for the service(s) in Prerana motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Congratulations on owning the best driver oriented Petrol car in the segment.

- Cramped footwell and quite closely spaced pedals. They could have made it a little more spacious for such a big car.
At least you have a dead pedal.

- Rear visibility (during reversing) is restricted due to the high stance of the rear windshield and the car itself.
Drive a Vento to understand what poor rear visibility means.
Thanks a lot for the wishes. About the footwell, yes I agree they have put the dead pedal there but I think its too closely located to the clutch pedal. Interference is seen whenever I wear bigger shoes and want to use the dead pedal, I accidentally end up pressing the clutch pedal. Not sure if I am the only owner facing this because I have large feet (size 12). Never faced this problem in my previous cars though.

Is the Vento's rear visibility that bad? Never tried reversing in it during the TD.

Last edited by KarthikK : 10th July 2011 at 09:15. Reason: typo
Old 10th July 2011, 10:24   #27
BHPian

Congrats on the jet Karthik.Black is awesome color for Linea.But honestly ,I did not like the spoilers.They look out of place on a linea.Nice and detailed review and nice pics.Enjoy the car
Drive safe
Sreehari
shk 8896 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2011, 10:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Karthikk - your Tjet is a looker, apart from the 'jet engine' inside it! The spoiler blends in quite nicely. How is the rear visibility?
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2011, 10:53   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post

Sorry I thought you meant the shine on the logo. If you were referring to the black paint on the body, black paint texture has a bit of sparkle after the 3M sealant protection coating. Truly "HIP HOP" black, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Congrats on the jet Karthik.Black is awesome color for Linea.But honestly ,I did not like the spoilers.They look out of place on a linea.Nice and detailed review and nice pics.Enjoy the car
Drive safe
Sreehari
Thanks for the wishes. I agree, Linea looks good even without spoilers but my car somehow looked sportier with the rear spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Karthikk - your Tjet is a looker, apart from the 'jet engine' inside it! The spoiler blends in quite nicely. How is the rear visibility?
Thanks! Rear visibility is a bit of a problem. Can hardly spot cars / 2 wheelers directly behind the car. Fortunately, I got reverse parking sensors installed so that aids the reversing bit with the ORVMs.
Old 10th July 2011, 10:57   #30
BANNED

Great looking car except for those fugly mudflaps. Get rid of them!
akhilesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks