Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2011, 10:59   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT :Third Service Completed

Wow! Karthikk your T-Jet sure is a stunner. The big wheels, beautiful alloys, the rear spoiler, the chrome exhaust tip and black colour.... sure add a lot of character to the car.

Try getting better tyres. Those goodyear NCTs are dated and very noisy. Good tyres can further uplift the ride and handling characteristics of your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The only car under 20L which offers the low end torque of a Diesel engine and a high revving nature of a petrol engine in 1 package.
I think you are forgetting the Laura TSI here

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
Great looking car except for those fugly mudflaps. Get rid of them!

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 10th July 2011 at 11:05.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2011, 11:11   #32
Team-BHP Support

re: My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT :Third Service Completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Wow! Karthikk your T-Jet sure is a stunner. The big wheels, beautiful alloys, the rear spoiler, the chrome exhaust tip and black colour.... sure add a lot of character to the car.

Try getting better tyres. Those goodyear NCTs are dated and very noisy. Good tyres can further uplift the ride and handling characteristics of your car.

I think you are forgetting the Laura TSI here

Agree with you on the tyres part. These Goodyear ones can whistle really well as I found out on the highway. I am used to Michelins' noiseless character. I'll probably shift back to that brand soon.

My bad! Forgot that Laura TSI was also below 20L. That is also one heck of a car but I was a bit paranoid about Skoda's After sales service costs. Moreover, the TSI was overshooting my budget by 2L.

Regarding the mud flaps, dealer offered them complimentary so I didn't bother first. Realized how ugly they look after they installed the set. Will get it removed during first service.

Last edited by KarthikK : 10th July 2011 at 11:13.
Old 10th July 2011, 12:07   #33
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on getting this one home! It sure is an addiction!
Also what is the FE which most T-Jetters are getting on the road?

City and highways?
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2011, 12:57   #34
BHPian

Hi KarthikK - great review. That's one heck of a car you have got. The T-Jet in black is like the icing on the cake. I somehow think the car would have looked good even without the spoiler.

Hope you have many happy miles of cruising in the T-Jet. After the Laura TSi, this is the best (and only) turbocharged petrol car which gives you the both - low end torque and high revving ability.
fuel_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2011, 13:35   #35
BHPian

What a car dude! That’s on of the best looking Linea I have seen on this forum! Looks stunning in Black. The spoiler is neat and well placed.
Drive safe and keep this thread alive!

Last edited by C300 : 10th July 2011 at 13:36. Reason: Formatting
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2011, 14:22   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

City and highways?
After 2500km:

Gurgaon low-gear driving - 9km/l

Relaxed Delhi driving - 14 km/l

Highway runs - 14-15 km/l (including some sprints)

Flooring it - 7-8 km/l

Overall tank-tank - 10-11 km/l

Hypermiling - 16-18km/l

The fuel efficiency of the T-Jet is highly dependent on throttle position. It is possible to extract great economy by using as little throttle as possible and letting the engine do its work, also shifting at the right points.
cranky is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2011, 19:28   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

City and highways?
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Hi KarthikK - great review. That's one heck of a car you have got. The T-Jet in black is like the icing on the cake. I somehow think the car would have looked good even without the spoiler.

Hope you have many happy miles of cruising in the T-Jet. After the Laura TSi, this is the best (and only) turbocharged petrol car which gives you the both - low end torque and high revving ability.
Thanks a lot. Looking forward to many turbo miles in the jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
What a car dude! That’s on of the best looking Linea I have seen on this forum! Looks stunning in Black. The spoiler is neat and well placed.
Drive safe and keep this thread alive!
Thanks a lot! I too was smitten by the black Linea. Finally dumped my idea of Tuscan Wine and Sunbeam Beige, 2 other superb Linea colors in favour of the black. This is going to be a bit of a challenge maintaining it clean though.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 13:59   #38
BHPian

Man.. that is a stunning Fighter Jet there. Black looks awesome with those chome bits and the 16 inchers. Period. Welcome to the world of the T-Jet. i am sure you will enjoy every bit of your car. I too own a white T-jet and is 10k old now. No problems with the car and everytime I drive her, its bliss.

I am no more recording my mileage figures since it gives me "unadulterated driving pleasure" when I take her for a spin. and the mileage figures are not anything great to talk about. may be 9-10 in city and 14 in highway with a moderate foot. But its not meant to be driven with a moderate foot! Isnt it?

And T-Jet being a stress buster - 100% true for driving enthusiasts. Even when i feel stressed out of office, T-jet rejunevates me completely. You actually stole my thoughts there!

Enjoy the T-jet at its best. She will serve you well.

Sathya
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 14:54   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Man.. that is a stunning Fighter Jet there. Black looks awesome with those chome bits and the 16 inchers. Period. Welcome to the world of the T-Jet. i am sure you will enjoy every bit of your car. I too own a white T-jet and is 10k old now. No problems with the car and everytime I drive her, its bliss.

I am no more recording my mileage figures since it gives me "unadulterated driving pleasure" when I take her for a spin. and the mileage figures are not anything great to talk about. may be 9-10 in city and 14 in highway with a moderate foot. But its not meant to be driven with a moderate foot! Isnt it?

And T-Jet being a stress buster - 100% true for driving enthusiasts. Even when i feel stressed out of office, T-jet rejunevates me completely. You actually stole my thoughts there!

Enjoy the T-jet at its best. She will serve you well.

Sathya
Thanks a ton. I have read your cool ownership review too. Your white beauty looks smashing. I agree with the non-recording of mileage part. T-Jet(s) are meant for the driving pleasure, no point recording mileage of jets I'll keep a lookout on your thread for any further updates
Old 11th July 2011, 17:22   #40
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations on your jet. May you have many many happy turbo miles with her!

About the ugly mud flaps, it seems that the OE mudflaps are like that! However, one must admit that they are very very effective in doing their job. Whenever I follow any car on the highway, it is the FIATs that give me the least trouble with the back spray from the tires. The other cars' bonsai mud flaps are hardly effective. Maybe you could get them removed after the rainy season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
- Clutch pedal has a very long travel, left foot starts paining in long durations of bumper-to-bumper traffic.
This is common to all fiats. By the way, is it cable type clutch or are they still sticking to Hydraulic ones?

Yes, all FIAT clutches are still hydraulic ones.
sumobom4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 11:33   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumobom4 View Post
Heartiest congratulations on your jet. May you have many many happy turbo miles with her!

About the ugly mud flaps, it seems that the OE mudflaps are like that! However, one must admit that they are very very effective in doing their job. Whenever I follow any car on the highway, it is the FIATs that give me the least trouble with the back spray from the tires. The other cars' bonsai mud flaps are hardly effective. Maybe you could get them removed after the rainy season?
thanks a lot!

Rainy season was exactly the reason why I didnt refuse when they offered the mud flaps complimentary. I will get them removed after september - october
Old 12th July 2011, 14:47   #42
BHPian

Wish you many congrats for owning the Jet. Enjoy your drive!

Rating 5-Stars for your passion, pictures, content and Tjet.
Old 12th July 2011, 16:12   #43
BHPian

Great pictures there man . Another great review of the T-jet. Hope you are enjoying her to the core
Old 12th July 2011, 17:01   #44
BHPian

Congrats on acquiring the fighter jet, karthikk!!

The Linea looks stunning in black and the spoiler looks awesome as well!!
I have driven the T-Jet once and the turbo kick is indeed addictive!!

Wish you many more happy miles with the Italian beast!!
Old 12th July 2011, 18:39   #45
BHPian

Like said by Sathya welcome to the club karthik and many congrats for the Jet.

I did a Bangalore-Madurai-Rameswaram-Trichy-Bangalore in 3 days. Will share my experience in my ownership thread. Overall I am blown away with the highway behavior of this car. I am tending to forget the niggling issues.
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks