Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2011, 12:58   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT :Third Service Completed

Thanks a lot for the excellent review. The T-Jet surely is worth every penny.

Wake up FIAT!!!
Old 21st July 2011, 13:59   #77
Senior - BHPian

re: My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT :Third Service Completed

Karthik,
Congratulations on your fabulous car and thanks for putting up this excellent review. There is something about Fiat cars that keeps you attracted.

I had take an TD of a T-Jet a while back and was absolutely smitten by it. If I am ever in the market to buy a car, I could definitely opt for the T-Jet.
The seats in your car look different to the demo car, have Fiat changed them? Having said that, they look fabulous.

All the best and wish you plenty of motoring bliss.
Old 21st July 2011, 14:05   #78

9) Most importantly ....
You as a driver have thrown all caution to the wind and followed your heart to buy a Petrol vehicle which costs more than a Diesel by a Lac.
Congratulations, you will still sleep easy in the night and be grinning when you are driving.

First of all , Many congrats to you Kartik & Well said by Jazzz.(Just got impressed by this)

Yes you definitely (any Tjetters for that Matter) deserve a BIG round of applause befitting a warrior. Nothing more to say here If Petrol prices & mindset had been changed then I also should have been your CLUB with all niggling issue you pointeD our (Crampy Footwell , GC,RubberyGearshist etc.)(Also it is just matter of time to get used) But On the other hand the kind sheer drving pleasure (Not only just speed , But the level of confidence(by the virtue of Handling & braking) it gives you is truly amazing. I waited for Multijet 1.6 (Which is still a dream) & then locked myself onto Magnum TCDI.
Once again Congratz & Happy happy revving...Mate.Letme restate the GTO's words here - 'life is more than KPL' would hold good by all means.
Old 22nd July 2011, 10:58   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Thanks a lot for the excellent review. The T-Jet surely is worth every penny.
thanks for taking the time to go through it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Karthik,
Congratulations on your fabulous car and thanks for putting up this excellent review. There is something about Fiat cars that keeps you attracted.

I had take an TD of a T-Jet a while back and was absolutely smitten by it. If I am ever in the market to buy a car, I could definitely opt for the T-Jet.
The seats in your car look different to the demo car, have Fiat changed them? Having said that, they look fabulous.

All the best and wish you plenty of motoring bliss.
Thanks a lot! The seats seem to be the same leather ones since the launch. Did you, by any chance, test drive the T-Jet instead of T-Jet+? Only the T-Jet+ has leather seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_Song View Post
9)

First of all , Many congrats to you Kartik & Well said by Jazzz.(Just got impressed by this)

Yes you definitely (any Tjetters for that Matter) deserve a BIG round of applause befitting a warrior. Nothing more to say here If Petrol prices & mindset had been changed then I also should have been your CLUB with all niggling issue you pointeD our (Crampy Footwell , GC,RubberyGearshist etc.)(Also it is just matter of time to get used) But On the other hand the kind sheer drving pleasure (Not only just speed , But the level of confidence(by the virtue of Handling & braking) it gives you is truly amazing. I waited for Multijet 1.6 (Which is still a dream) & then locked myself onto Magnum TCDI.
Once again Congratz & Happy happy revving...Mate.Letme restate the GTO's words here - 'life is more than KPL' would hold good by all means.
Thanks a lot! The Magnum is a wonderful machine too! Congratulations on your new car and wish you happy and safe driving.
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:54   #80
Senior - BHPian

I saw an ad in TV - Upgrade for a diesel car at the price of petrol car for IMO Linea. How does this happen? Are they providing any discounts on diesel car?

Do we have an option of updrading to a tjet at the price of diesel car?
Old 22nd July 2011, 16:02   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I saw an ad in TV - Upgrade for a diesel car at the price of petrol car for IMO Linea. How does this happen? Are they providing any discounts on diesel car?
This doubt has been answered here in this post by vb-san

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2437816

More details in another post of the same thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2416920

Quote:
Do we have an option of updrading to a tjet at the price of diesel car?
Haha good one Jokes apart, the T-Jet is not completely excluded from this upgrade offer. vb-san mentions that T-jet bookings which win the lucky draw will be given 1 lac cash discount instead of the petrol-diesel swap. Still a great thing for the buyer

Last edited by KarthikK : 22nd July 2011 at 16:04.
Old 23rd July 2011, 15:27   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post

Thanks a lot! The seats seem to be the same leather ones since the launch. Did you, by any chance, test drive the T-Jet instead of T-Jet+? Only the T-Jet+ has leather seats.
No it was T-Jet+, anyways the test drive was a long time ago so perhaps my recollection is a bit groggy.

Have fun.
Old 23rd July 2011, 16:19   #83
BHPian

Hello Karthik - It is said pictures speak 1000 words, but in this case they speak probably a million words. Fantastic photographs especially the one that have been taken outdoors - at times I felt the car had a tinge of lilac color.

Enjoy safe drive !!
aaren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 11:46   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
Hello Karthik - It is said pictures speak 1000 words, but in this case they speak probably a million words. Fantastic photographs especially the one that have been taken outdoors - at times I felt the car had a tinge of lilac color.

Enjoy safe drive !!
thanks a lot! lilac color? I think the 3M coating has worked a bit of magic on the exteriors

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th July 2011 at 11:46. Reason: typo
Old 5th August 2011, 15:42   #85
BHPian

Found this when I was going through my car stuff, is the Tjet assembled here or does it come whole from SA or wherever? The destination says "Indian"This was wrapped around the seat headrest if i remember it right.

Yeah and the remote control is missing...never got it!
Attached Thumbnails
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-fiat0001.jpg  

Last edited by jazzrockz : 5th August 2011 at 15:45.
jazzrockz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2011, 10:07   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrockz View Post
Found this when I was going through my car stuff, is the Tjet assembled here or does it come whole from SA or wherever? The destination says "Indian"This was wrapped around the seat headrest if i remember it right.

Yeah and the remote control is missing...never got it!
The T-Jet is assembled right here in their Maharasthra plant. This is a nice piece of information you found. Perhaps they forgot to remove it before shipping the car to your dealer Do they mean remote of the music system? or do they mean the remote foldable key of the car itself??
Old 14th August 2011, 11:28   #87
BANNED

Congrats on the car. Nicely written review and great pictures. What extra features does the T-Jet have compared to the 1.3 MJD E+ besides the 16" wheels and all round discs.
Old 14th August 2011, 12:31   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Congrats on the car. Nicely written review and great pictures. What extra features does the T-Jet have compared to the 1.3 MJD E+ besides the 16" wheels and all round discs.
Thanks a lot. Apart from the E+, distinct features of the t-jet+ are Leather seats, double folding rear seats, chrome exhaust tip and of course, the legendary monster Turbo petrol heart
Old 5th September 2011, 14:50   #89
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation's Karthik. Very nice initial ownership report and lovely pictures.

I took a short test drive of this car from KHT Motors just last week. Was blown away by the overall performance. The ride, handling, steering, brakes, not to forget the wave of power once the turbo spools up is leagues ahead of anything in its segment. Decided to dump my original plans of picking up a Fiesta Classic. This is the car my heart wants.

I am saving up for this car. If all goes well, I should have my Jet by the end of October.

I can use some advice on dealing with dealers. I am useless at bargaining for a better deal on interest rates and other things money related.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 19:53   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Congratulation's Karthik. Very nice initial ownership report and lovely pictures.

I took a short test drive of this car from KHT Motors just last week. Was blown away by the overall performance. The ride, handling, steering, brakes, not to forget the wave of power once the turbo spools up is leagues ahead of anything in its segment. Decided to dump my original plans of picking up a Fiesta Classic. This is the car my heart wants.

I am saving up for this car. If all goes well, I should have my Jet by the end of October.

I can use some advice on dealing with dealers. I am useless at bargaining for a better deal on interest rates and other things money related.
Thanks sandeepmohan.
Glad to know another BHPian is opting for the linea t-jet+ Congratulations in advance, and good luck for the delivery in october! Regarding bargains, you could visit the other 2 dealers in Bangalore - prerana and concorde. You can see if you get better quotes from them. By the way, just out of curiosity, what is the on-road price of the T-Jet+ now in bangalore? It has been 2 months since my purchase, so if I remember correctly, I had got corporate discount + exchange bonus 10,000 + free mud flaps and carpets. Are they offering any freebies apart from these now?

Most Viewed