Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2011, 12:04   #106
Team-BHP Support

re: My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT :Third Service Completed

Nice one Karthik. Its always a good feeling for oneself to know that he is getting the best from his car. Good maintenance also goes a long way.

When I got my Fusion, every one asked, why I am buying that?
But 7 years, its still going strong.
Old 8th December 2011, 13:05   #107
Team-BHP Support

re: My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT :Third Service Completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nice one Karthik. Its always a good feeling for oneself to know that he is getting the best from his car. Good maintenance also goes a long way.

When I got my Fusion, every one asked, why I am buying that?
But 7 years, its still going strong.
Thanks ampere. I agree with the Fusion part. It is a fantastic traveller's car which was futuristic in thought and way ahead of its time. I wish they bring in something like that again.
Old 8th December 2011, 15:08   #108
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Underbelly experts like J.Ravi sir who had endured 50+ beatings on the engine guard plate (during his Ladakh trip) can confirm the sturdiness of this thing
I know how I felt when my Linea bottom-scraped for the first time. Later, I got used to it! Nothing to worry. Even if the sturdy engine guard plate is bent, it will be flattened back to the original shape by the service centre. Even they are used to doing this routine thing!
  (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 20:47   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I know how I felt when my Linea bottom-scraped for the first time. Later, I got used to it! Nothing to worry. Even if the sturdy engine guard plate is bent, it will be flattened back to the original shape by the service centre. Even they are used to doing this routine thing!
Thanks for the clarification Ravi sir! Hopefully I can gather enough confidence to go on a drive to Ladakh in the linea, after being inspired by other linea owners like you
Old 30th December 2011, 17:45   #110
Team-BHP Support

And finally, after lots of procrastinating, the first service was done today, phew!
It was supposed to be done either before 6 months from purchase date or at 5000kms of running. The car turns 6 months old on Jan 1st so I had to make a beeline for the first service by this weekend, at any cost.

I called up Surendra, the FIAT advisor at Prerana motors service station, Hosur road, around 2 days back and booked a slot for today. I arrived at around 8.30am, was promptly attended to by Surendra. Gave him a list of things to look into, he patiently listened to everything, took them down on the job card, and surprise surprise, everything was resolved to perfection and done free of cost too! I am really beginning to hail Fiat's service quality and customer service now.

The panel gap issue between the bonnet and headlamp on co-driver side (very minor cosmetic glitch) is fully rectified now and looks perfect. I opted for an engine oil change since this is the same oil I have used from day 1 (and during the running-in period). Other work done was trivial and part of routine servicing. There were zero problems during the entire 6 months that I have owned the jet. Ownership has been extremely pleasant and the customer service for Fiat owners at Prerana motors has been top notch.

I am attaching a snapshot of the excel spreadsheet I am using to track the long term maintenance details and costs. Here is the snapshot of the first service details.

My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-tjet_service.jpg

The car feels even more fantastic now and smoother after the service. Looking forward to thousands of miles and accompanying smiles with the Jet.
I will be going for another 3M car detailing session in January 2nd week (6 months ahead of due date), to rejuvenate the mirror surface finish of my car. I will post some pictures of the car after the detailing is done.

Last edited by KarthikK : 30th December 2011 at 18:00.
KarthikK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 08:46   #111
Senior - BHPian

Will be taking my car to old madras road workshop. The drop in power has not fixed itself even after two more tank fulls. I suspect clogged injector nozzles. Hope they can address this as judging low power from a service advisors point of view is a little difficult.
Old 26th January 2012, 11:10   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Will be taking my car to old madras road workshop. The drop in power has not fixed itself even after two more tank fulls. I suspect clogged injector nozzles. Hope they can address this as judging low power from a service advisors point of view is a little difficult.
Sorry I noticed this reply very late. Did this problem get fixed to your satisfaction? Did it turn out to be clogged injector nozzles or something else? Could you give more details on this?
Old 26th January 2012, 15:13   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Did this problem get fixed to your satisfaction? Did it turn out to be clogged injector nozzles or something else? Could you give more details on this?
Prerana could not detect any problem through the scanner. In all the noise and chaos at the Kudlu gate workshop; even I could not feel the engine vibrate. It can be noticed only when you pay very close attention. You can see the engine vibrate ever so slightly when you pop the hood too. Prerana did not drive the car to check about the drop in power. I doubt if they would be able to detect this. You need another T Jet to compare. As is, the car will feel normal to them.

I am using the car. Not happy though. I had to go to work today and took NH4 to white field. I took the car up to 140kmph. It felt effortless. I still feel that the original spunk of the car is missing.

Some day, if we can meet, I would like you to take my car for a spin. You will be the best judge.
Old 28th January 2012, 11:00   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Prerana could not detect any problem through the scanner. In all the noise and chaos at the Kudlu gate workshop; even I could not feel the engine vibrate. It can be noticed only when you pay very close attention. You can see the engine vibrate ever so slightly when you pop the hood too. Prerana did not drive the car to check about the drop in power. I doubt if they would be able to detect this. You need another T Jet to compare. As is, the car will feel normal to them.

I am using the car. Not happy though. I had to go to work today and took NH4 to white field. I took the car up to 140kmph. It felt effortless. I still feel that the original spunk of the car is missing.

Some day, if we can meet, I would like you to take my car for a spin. You will be the best judge.
I think we have to do back-to-back test drives of 2 jets to feel the difference, if there is anything. You can contact speed pujari also, he stays in whitefield so it will be easier for you to meet him there after office
Old 28th January 2012, 11:36   #115
BHPian

Kartik, you really know how to maintain a black car. So much so, I've put up your car pic as my PC wallpaper!!! Kudos to you man!!

I too recently brought an Etios VD Black. So I need some advice from you.
# How is the 3M paint coat doing after 6 months? Do we have to repeat it every 6-8 months?

# How do you find MMI GPS Navigation. Have you put up a review of it? I'm planning to go for a Vx 140s.

Thanks & Regards
Varun
powertrain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2012, 08:34   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Kartik, you really know how to maintain a black car. So much so, I've put up your car pic as my PC wallpaper!!! Kudos to you man!!
Wow, that's a really awesome compliment. I'm really elated now! Thanks a lot!

Quote:
I too recently brought an Etios VD Black. So I need some advice from you.
# How is the 3M paint coat doing after 6 months? Do we have to repeat it every 6-8 months?
Congrats on your Etios V.D, Varun! Wishing you many happy miles with the Etios for a long time to come

The 3M paint sealant is supposed to last for approximately a year from the date of detailing. After 6 months, I find the sealant coat deteriorating a bit. This could be be because I hadn't used a micro fibre cloth when washing/wiping during the first 2 months. I had planned to go for the renewal coating sometime in Jan but I haven't had the time to go get it done.

They (3M) recommend the application ideally once a year to prevent it from weathering due to dust, sunlight, rain, etc.

Quote:
# How do you find MMI GPS Navigation. Have you put up a review of it? I'm planning to go for a Vx 140s.
MMI GPS performs very well and it even tackles remote areas adeptly. I would definitely recommend it if you travel frequently. In a recent trip to Munnar, I managed the entire distance without asking anyone for directions. It had not only the interior roads of villages, but even the pathways of the tea estate resort that I was put up in! Full details on this travelogue thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...mountains.html

The VX140 should serve you well, but I am not sure how much you would miss the premium content that is in the higher models.

I bought the S650 for 3 reasons :-
1. I could not get ZX150R
2. Needed a bigger screen for better visibility from driver's seat
3. Reverse camera support (although I don't have one now, I plan to install it soon)

Last edited by KarthikK : 29th January 2012 at 08:36.
Old 1st April 2012, 11:40   #117
Team-BHP Support

Black is Back!

It was a long time since the Jet® got the detailing session it deserved, such a long time, that the black had started to appear brown, since I hadn't had the time to clean the car over the past few days.

The Jet® had got the comprehensive detailing session at 3M in July last year, right after the delivery of my car. I had also mentioned in my earlier posts that the paint sealant layer was slightly wearing off, so the swirl marks were a little visible, more so because this was a solid, non-metallic color.

One of my friends had bought a gold i20 last month and he was asking me to accompany him to the 3M centre at HSR layout (for a paint sealant protection treatment). Yesterday I took the Jet® along with his i20, to give it a renewal coating of the mirror effect sealant treatment again!

Here are some snaps of the Jet® reclaiming lost glory at yesterday's detailing session at 3M car care centre, followed by a photoshoot of the Jet® with my buddy's i20. Goodbye, all swirl marks!! Now, truly, Black is Back!!

Dirty Jet® arriving at 3M. The 3M staff prepare the job card
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0823.jpg

Dirty car - black looks like brown! For a minute I thought this was the Bronzo Scurro color!
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0824.jpg

Getting ready for the wash
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0840.jpg

My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0841.jpg

The dirt gets blasted off with the pressure wash
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0843.jpg

My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0846.jpg

My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0849.jpg

Snowstorm style 3M Foam treatment
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0856.jpg

My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0858.jpg

Scrubbing away to get that perfect shine
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0860.jpg

My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0861.jpg

My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0862.jpg

My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0864.jpg

My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0865.jpg

The Jet propeller blade alloys aren't spared either
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0866.jpg

Getting a final wash after the foam treatment
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0871.jpg

The engine bay gets a thorough cleaning too!
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0876.jpg

Making its way out of the basement looking all fresh
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0893.jpg

BEFORE the treatment, the swirl marks on the bonnet are clearly visible under light
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0896.jpg

Paint sealant treatment in progress, for exterior beautification and to remove the swirl marks
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0899.jpg

AFTER the treatment, all the swirl marks on the bonnet are gone!
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0905.jpg

The rest of the body gets the same treatment
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0909.jpg

After 4 hours of hard work by the 3M staff, The Jet® is finally back to its gleaming black persona
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0908.jpg

The 'Black Mirror' effect is back!!
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0914.jpg

Some pictures from the photoshoot with my friend's gold i20

My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0937.jpg

My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0940.jpg

My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0945.jpg

My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0949.jpg

My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0954.jpg

My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed-dsc_0985.jpg

P.S - an important milestone - absolutely zero scratches / dents on the body of the car after 9 rocking months with the Jet®. Touchwood! Hope the Jet® remains blemish-free forever.

On the ownership report front, the Jet® has completed 4000 km (quite low because I don't use it everyday). I recently did a drive to Chikmagalur's coffee estates with other Bangalore BHPians. The full trip report is here in this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...hp-champs.html

No problems faced whatsoever since the first service. The car is perfection at its best. After 4000km, I feel the car is opening up really well. The acceleration seems more spirited, and the brakes seem to have developed a hell lot of bite recently. All in all, this car is perfect and for the umpteenth time I say it- every time I alight from the car, I can't help smiling with pleasure, at how much fun this car gives during a drive.

Last edited by KarthikK : 1st April 2012 at 11:58.
KarthikK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2012, 15:24   #118
BHPian

Great going Karthik! She looks gorgeous. The 3M guys have done a great job.
Almost year back I had commented that this is probably the best looking black beauty on the forum and looks like she is getting hotter
Happy mile crunching!
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2012, 17:21   #119
BHPian

Wow Karthik your Linea looks absolutely stunning. The guys at 3M have done a commendable job. Maintaining a black colour is not easy but you have done a great job. Keep up the good work and happy driving
rohittunga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2012, 21:11   #120
BHPian

The jet black T-Jet looks awesome there, great work by the 3M workshop. How long does the gloss/sheen finish last usually ? Being black, it must be tough keeping it looking pristine , thumbs up for the zero scratch/dent record !

Just browsing Fiat site yesterday, seems the Bronzo Scuro shade has been discontinued. That was also an awesome color, though I never saw one outside the showroom.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks