Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2011, 22:24   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift VDi Sunlight Copper!

Hey DDIS, why did you shift from "Kenwood 449 or Pioneer 4390 - Rs. 5800" to the model you mentioned? Reasons for upgrade?
& how is the ICE?
Old 8th October 2011, 07:49   #17
BHPian

Congrats mate, post some pictures as soon as possible. I have not seen a SWIFT copper before.
Old 10th October 2011, 10:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Hey DDIS, why did you shift from "Kenwood 449 or Pioneer 4390 - Rs. 5800" to the model you mentioned? Reasons for upgrade?
& how is the ICE?
Hi Avinash - The above models did not have the feature which could charge the ipod/iphone and manipulate the playlist from the iphone.

What I got extra from the one I've installed now is:

- capability to charge the ipod/iphone while it is connected to the HU
- Songs can be chosen either from the HU or from the iphone/ipod
- SD card slot
- 3 pre-out which will allow making changes to the current set up in the future easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_ambat View Post
Congrats mate, post some pictures as soon as possible. I have not seen a SWIFT copper before.
Thanks b_ambat! Will post pictures soon. Surprised you haven't seen a sunlight copper SWIFT till now...a very common color nowadays. In case you thought mine was the NEW NEW SWIFT, it isn't...mine is an OLD NEW SWIFT i.e. the outgoing model!
Old 10th October 2011, 11:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS View Post
Hi Avinash - The above models did not have the feature which could charge the ipod/iphone and manipulate the playlist from the iphone.

What I got extra from the one I've installed now is:

- capability to charge the ipod/iphone while it is connected to the HU
- Songs can be chosen either from the HU or from the iphone/ipod
- SD card slot
- 3 pre-out which will allow making changes to the current set up in the future easier.
A few months back on my friend's Pioneer system when i had connected my iTouch, i faced the same, where i couldn't change the songs through the head unit or from the device when it's connected & thought it was a flawed system.
Oh ok, so requires a little more Vitamin M then to get these features.
You got just the one i was looking for. Will come back to you when i am getting mine installed.
Old 10th October 2011, 12:38   #20
BHPian

Quote:
A few months back on my friend's Pioneer system when i had connected my iTouch, i faced the same, where i couldn't change the songs through the head unit or from the device when it's connected & thought it was a flawed system.
Oh ok, so requires a little more Vitamin M then to get these features.
You got just the one i was looking for. Will come back to you when i am getting mine installed.
Sure! The one I've gotten installed now is 7K with 2 year warranty. Seems like a decent quote for a new model and quotes from other guys for the same model was 500-600 more. A month or two down the line you will get it for lesser.
DDIS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 14:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS View Post
Sure! The one I've gotten installed now is 7K with 2 year warranty. Seems like a decent quote for a new model and quotes from other guys for the same model was 500-600 more. A month or two down the line you will get it for lesser.
Yeah i am sure & any warranty on the speakers? How's the performance been?
Old 13th October 2011, 10:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah i am sure & any warranty on the speakers? How's the performance been?
Yup...speakers come with 1 year warranty too(will check again on this). Performance is good enough to satisfy a guy like me who is not majorly into music
Old 2nd May 2014, 11:04   #23
BHPian

Time for a few changes and upgrades!...and to bring to light an incident

Have run my Swift D about 35K kms with diet consisting of Mobil 1 synthetic oil change at recommended intervals and of course diesel mostly at Indian Oil outlets. Everything else, stock.

It's almost that time when I need to think about change in tyres. I intend to go from stock 165/80/14 to:

1. 185/70/14 - Not thinking of higher since I have about an year's warranty left and heard MSIL voids suspension warranty if we use larger tyres, in case there is a problem.

Brand: Thinking of Durastone Turanza since I have read good things about it here.

2. Alloy wheels - I do not have a big budget and I am wondering if I can get best of both worlds - wheels with good looks and less weight. Recently happened to speak to an alloy wheels shop guy by chance and was told by him that Vellora alloys are pretty decent. Anybody have these on their cars?

About the incident, I was driving to office today morning. In front was a white i20 with a "Live to Drive" T-bhp sticker. He was slow and I was patient until I realized that the road ahead was absolutely empty and then saw that he was on call...no hands free.

- After which honked intermittently...short honks...with short intervals in an effort to wake him up to the surroundings and let him know he shouldn't be slowing others down. Something I usually avoid doing at all costs.. I don't honk unless absolutely necessary. Use lights to convey stuff mostly. Even in this case, people can say I could have avoided it.
- Since he was not realizing, I overtook from the left (he was in the right most lane next to the divider) got next to his car and hand signaled "What are you doing?"
- As a response to which I got a "what the hell is your problem?" and don't know what else...from him.
- I signaled about him being on call with my hand - hand mimicking a phone.
- The response I got was unpleasantly surprising. He got all the more angry and started mouthing something and swayed his car towards mine. Intimidation!
- I lost it and did the same. Immediately after which, I reigned myself in, since it could lead to an unwanted situation.

I could have kept quiet, overtaken him and left. I did what I did because I saw that sticker. In my mind, I would expect someone with that sticker on their car to do the right thing and if they don't, admit that they didn't and be civil about it.

As I see it, the honking exercise is something I wouldn't do otherwise. That's probably not the most appropriate thing to do. Having said that, if I were him, and was told by a person that I was blocking his way, I would have signaled an apology and got on with it instead of trying to drive the other guy out of the road
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:24   #24
BHPian

On another note, I have a record of the mileage given by the car over the last 24 fills i.e. about 18 months. It showed a marked improvement after the 30K kms service and oil change.
Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks