Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2011, 10:21   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd & Completed 80k on the odo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Sumeeth, I am surprised to know the rear pads are gone at 37K only. My car recently completed 50K and I got the pad replaced as well. However, rear pads have life left in them for at least another 7-8000 kms. It is good to know you got the pad replaced at an independent garage. Honda prices are ridiculous if I am honest.
Yes , the SA during my service visit mentioned that the rear pads would last max 500 kms or so. Honda OE prices are too steep,something Honda needs to correct after the recent price changes of it's cars.

Quote:
... Just pop the hood by yourself and make a physical observation about the remaining engine mount life!
I had examined the mount myslef and it seems to be in good shape.I guess if it was busted the service centre would have pointed out the same.My mechanic Joe had also oked the car so i am not much worried about the mount as of now.

Quote:
IMHO, don't bother with gear lock at all. Civic's stock security system is pretty good.
Many people say the same thing but i just want that extra bit of peace of mind as i am quite paranoid as far as vehicle security is concerned.However i may drop the idea of getting the gear lock and go in for a simpler cheaper steering wheel lock just for the extra security.The current club type which i am using belongs to my 800 and i might get another one for the civic and retain the current club for the 800.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post

It is good that you posted these details. The other place I know of, where one can buy Nissin brake pads is Opera House, thanks to Hiren Mistry's posts. At least Bandra is nearer to Pune!
The pads were sourced by the garage.The spares shop must be close by as the guy who went to fetch it returend in like half n hour by scooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Is this right? No typo? A few trips here and there, grocery and office does 250+ in a week for me.
It is also good for the car to move around a little bit more.

Quote:
Mind taking her out a bit more often!
Keep her revving....
hehe, i try to keep the drive limited in the rains as it's not worth pitching the car against the potholes and flooded roads.I am being quite patient as not to drive her much as i don't want unncessary damages etc due to bad roads.Belive me it's hard to resist taking her out but i keep telling myslef it would be for the good for the car to wait.Neverthless i still have a painful month to wait for the rains to finally go away.Anyways i only drive my cars (800 & civic) on weekends and once a week to office during dry spells.
Old 9th September 2011, 22:31   #62
Senior - BHPian

Just wanted to to share of bit more comparo between the 800 and the civic.Now i being a sedate driver am not used to fast starts off the signals etc.I would normally find someone honking behind me to pass.In the 800 i would find myself stepping on the gas and move to the left a bit to allow the vehicle behind to pass.

Consider same scenario in the civic.Off to a start from the signal ,blame my sedate driving or the civic low torque, i would find some bloke again honking behind me to pass.Now habitualy i step on the gas and move a little to the left to allow the vehicle to pass waiting..waiting..waiting..decide to check the mirror to find i have left the honker far behind without any intention of doing so .This has happened now so many times that i am truly amazed at the Honda's performance and leaves me almost stunned every time.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2011, 11:39   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Now habitualy i step on the gas and move a little to the left to allow the vehicle to pass waiting..waiting..waiting..decide to check the mirror to find i have left the honker far behind without any intention of doing so.
Can't agree more sumeet. The Civic is sure a slow-starter and I have also experienced folks in Swift, Lancer etc. honking from behind when the signal turns green. But as you said, once past 2000 rpm, the pull is so clean and fast that you reach quick speeds in no time.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2011, 13:57   #64
Senior - BHPian

Some updates.

Got the battery of the remote change for 40 bucks.The old was showing signs of age and had become sort of weak.kept the old one as spare though i was told the new one will last atleast 2-3 years.

with respect to my below post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2500834

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-gearcover.jpg

Got the gear cover for 150 bucks.
Old 17th September 2011, 17:40   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Some updates.

Got the gear cover for 150 bucks.
The new cover in beige looks nice but I think a black colored would have looked even better.
Old 17th September 2011, 18:46   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtecguy7166 View Post
The new cover in beige looks nice but I think a black colored would have looked even better.
I agree black looks better however beige looks fine too as it matches with the rest of the interior seats etc.The OE was torn and inspite of being black was torn and ugly.
Old 26th September 2011, 22:32   #67
Senior - BHPian

I have finally found my perfect driving position this week.The seat a couple of slots away from the steering ,highest adjustable height ,backrests pulled up and my wrists resting close to the inner of the steering wheel has me driving comfortably on short and long distances.

However i am still finding that i manage to stall the car atleast once every time i drive her out.This is quite embarassing as i am suppose to ne driving for the past 15 years. With rains finally going i will be hopefully putting the car to more use however the recent fuel hike has me a little discouraged.

I always use the a/c at the lowest level and find that it will chill the car even on the lowest setting in a matter of minutes.Keep switching it off intermittently as i can't stand the cold and prefer a cool rather than cold ambeince.Any tips on how to achieve this are welcome.
Old 26th September 2011, 23:00   #68
BHPian

set the temperature to 26-27 and put it on AUTO and forget it, considering the current climate where the temp is ranging between 28-30c this temperature range is best for having a cool ambience and also not hurt the fuel efficiency at the same time.

In constant rains the temperature can be lowered to 24-25 too depending upon your preference.
jatinpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 12:22   #69
Senior - BHPian

Some more pics.Pardon the quality as they are from my mobile.

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0345.jpg

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0346.jpg

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0348.jpg

@jatin, as you mentioned i had set the a/c to to auto but i am not sure how the temp is to be set, i mean i did not notice nos like 25,27 deg etc.How does one get to the see those figures.I would just set the a/c to auto and set the fan speed to the lowest speed indicated by the vertical bars.

thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 00:38   #70
BHPian

@sumeet

Follow these steps.

After you sit in the car and start the engine,
Just press the AUTO button on the Ac control panel.

DO NOT TOUCH BLOWER CONTROLS.

After you press Auto Button the Temperature should be visible.
You can reduce or increase the temperature by the temperature knob which is to the right side of the Auto Button.

Another way is

Press Auto Button and dont touch the blower controls.
As soon as you press the Auto button the Temperature set previously would be shown,
After this just adjust the teperature to say 24-26 and just leave the AC controls.

The ACC will work out to keep the temperature set by you.

Try the above two and let us know.

Whatever you do if you want the Auto mode to work dont touch the blower controls or the button where AC is written, by opreating AC button it results in manual engagement and disengagement of the compressor.
Its just like the AC button in our 800.

Last edited by jatinpatel : 3rd October 2011 at 00:42.
Old 6th October 2011, 17:10   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@sumeet

After you sit in the car and start the engine,
Just press the AUTO button on the Ac control panel.
Yes Jatin, I tried the same and found it to be quite effective.I set the temp at 27 and at 9:00 AM even that got a bit chilly for me( i was alone in the car).So set the same at 28 but after some time found that it got a bit hot so set it back to 27 after which it seemed ok.

The ACC is a good feature in the car.I am glad i asked,now what will i do without you guys

However i am facing one more issue with a/c.Usually when i near home i switch off the a/c. I have noticed that there is a foul odor coming through the vents the kind of which stinks like a damp cloth after switching off the air con.I keep a couple of cleaning cloth's in the 1st slot before the gear lever.Could it because of that or there is some other issue. Also i had the a/c dinfectant done during my last service.

thanks all
Old 6th October 2011, 18:24   #72
BHPian

Could be that the smell from the cloths try removing the damp cloth and then try, safe place to store a lightly damp cloth is the right side door pocket near the speaker.
Old 6th October 2011, 21:20   #73
BHPian

Quote:

However i am facing one more issue with a/c.Usually when i near home i switch off the a/c. I have noticed that there is a foul odor coming through the vents the kind of which stinks like a damp cloth after switching off the air con.I keep a couple of cleaning cloth's in the 1st slot before the gear lever.Could it because of that or there is some other issue. Also i had the a/c dinfectant done during my last service.

thanks all
Please get the a/c checked by a reliable a/c technician.
Cleaning clothes in the cubby holes could not cause this odor unless they are dirty and damp.
This is related to the air circuit in the a/c system, probably the evaporator/blower.

HC
Old 9th October 2011, 10:31   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
Could be that the smell from the cloths try removing the damp cloth and then try, safe place to store a lightly damp cloth is the right side door pocket near the speaker.
hello,
i tried a couple of things.I ran the heater for a minute or two and got the cleaning clothes washed and dried properly before keeping the same in the car.Made sure i kept them at the drivers door pocket neatly folded and drove the car with the a/c on.After some time i switched off the a/c and let the blower just run.There was no more the smell that i had before of damp cloth.I guess the cleaning cloth's were the culprit.

thanks
Old 23rd October 2011, 19:23   #75
Senior - BHPian

Had a lousy saturday morning,managed to mess Indy's rear bumper a bit while reversing.It so happened that i was driving back home through the narrow street which leads to my house.A truck appeared from the opposite direction and by right of way i had to reverse since the other vehicle was larger.Herein i made my mistake.As i placedthe car reverse i failed to notice a low wall made of piled up stones and bumped the left rear into it.The mistake was,i have a reverse sensor in my car but didn't here the sensor telling me to stop as my music system was a bit loud.
The bumper got some scratch marks and was misaligned.I managed to snap most of it back but one can tell it's not in line properly.Will be fixing it as soon as possible as i can't bear to see the same.Some thingsd are leanrt the hard way.My piece of advice to people using parking sensors,turn down your stereo before you engage reverse :(
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks