Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2011, 19:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd & Completed 80k on the odo

Cool, another pre-owned Civic! Gotta love the lip smacking deals we get for this particular car these days!

Congrats on your Indy, Sumeeth! I am sure you are enjoying every second of the huge jump you have made from a Maruti 800 to the incredible Honda. Take care, drive hard and drive safe!

Do consider changing the tyres, BTW!
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 22:05   #17
BHPian

Great buy Sumeet, especially after toiling 14 yeard with the faithful 800. I'm sure the Civic would be as faithful as her sister. Happy mile crunching!!!

Kudos to GTO too. The all inspiring thread is sure seeing some actions.

Sumeet get her a good wax polish, the color would shine brightly even in the dull skies.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 23:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Dear Motoringlover,Ravenavi,bluevolt,Ace_F355 & arup.misra ,thank you all for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
Again wishing you hearty congratulations for your new purchase.
Thanks Jatin.
Quote:
One word of caution with civic, She is loaded with blind spots especially at A pillars it can hide a biker coming your way. Also did you fix parking sensors ? If not i would recommend you fitting the same.
You can get xenos parking sensors for like 3.5k, thats the price i paid for fitting them on my silver rocket.
I am considering the parking sensors but need to do more research on the same as i am not sure how they will aid me whilst parking the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Congrats, that is a big upgrade from an 800. And I found it very interesting reading how different the Civic was to drive from the 800. After you get used to the size you will enjoy it a lot.
Thanks akshay.

Quote:
2) Go to an independent painter and get the interior bits painted silver again if any of them have lost paint.
3) Take the car to Honda and have them check it up, see the service history also. They will tell you if any part needs changing.
Well the dashboard is quite ok i guess.Just the knobs are a tad bit faded for the sound system and the steering wheel logo is more or less faded.Rest of the stuff i guess i can ignore.
[/quote]

Quote:
BTW - I don't know what purpose that steering lock (?) serves, because the car comes with an inbuilt immobiliser so it cannot be started from any other key besides its own.
Heh heh well i am not taking any chances with this baby.Immobilzer or not i want my peace of mind when the car is parked.Forget the steering lock brother i will be getting a gear lock in place come next week for Indy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Congrats Sumeet, thats a MASSIVE upgrade. Civic is one heck of a car. Enjoy.
Thanks Gaurav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Piece of advise, either stick to nominal speed limits or upgrade the tyres right now. Why? because civic is a much powerful car than 800 and then as you said its gigantic too. You wont even know when you reach good speeds and controlling the car at high speed on tyres that have minimal life can be difficult/unsafe. Please get good hang of the car, atleast 1000+ kms before you stretch her legs..Try to be extra caucious during rainy season.
I think i will post pics of the tyres whenever i have time and i guess you guys could judge whether i need to replace them soon or not.I am more of a sedate driver and i have put off getting a new pair because i know i won't be driving the car too much in the rainy season.
And yes you are right it's surprising that the car can achieve high speeds quickly without even realizing it.I won't be stretching her legs soon as i am yet to the hang of everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Hearty congrats sumeethaldankar. Now, that's an upgrade, from the humble Maruti 800 to the stunning Honda Civic. Wishing you miles and miles of happy motoring in the Civic.
Thanks arvi86.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
I second jatinpatel. The Civic is loaded with blind spots both front and back and it becomes really tough to drive in bumper to bumper traffic and when parking in congested areas, more so if we upgrade from small cars (800, Santro, etc.) directly to the Civic. Even I am finding it very difficult when parking. So, get your parking sensors fixed immediately.
Will research and get them soon if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Congratulations one more time!. We need to see more pictures of Indy!
Thanks dot..will try to post new pics asap.

Quote:
Thats a shame, hopefully the feviquick will cure it. You may want to take off the sticker and see if the part is now cured completely.
I rather leave it on for a while.

Quote:
Service records should confirm it. The first owner and the "second" owner had taken Indy to Honda A.S.S.?
I am not sure about owner 1 but owner 2 had serviced at a independant garage.He had changed oil and brake pads.He said the bill had come around 9-10K. Considering giving her a checkup once the monsoon is over.

Things planned for Indy in the coming weeks.

A gear lock for that extra peace of mind.

Seat covers for the drivers and co-passenger seat.The driver seat has a little bit tear which i want covered.I also want the seat a little beefy and bolstered so that i can sit a bit higher for a better view even though the seat has a height adjustment.I find the driving position to be a bit tiring and will experiment for more comfortable position.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 18th July 2011 at 23:14.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 10:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

Well well well, when it rains it pours and it seems to be Civic's here.
Heartiest congrats Sumeet.

I had a nice little chuckle reading your post. I am reminiscing the days of my '95 Esteem, that too did not have a power steering and little steering inputs on my Civic would find me in the next lane. I'm sure you will find the interiors the most pleasing considering your earlier car was a humble giant 800.

I see you are in Bombay, lets meet someday once my car is back running, as of now it having err water retention problems :-) I am also considering installing reverse sensors on my car.

I did not like the Habanero Red earlier but after seeing a few on the roads I've developed a keen liking to it. Take care of the car and hope you have thousands of kms of motoring bliss. And yes, go easy on the loud pedal for a while, will ya?

Cheers
Old 19th July 2011, 11:38   #20
BANNED

Welcome to the Civic owners club. May I suggest you work your way through http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...t-dos-142.html and (if you are so inclined) Honda Civic- Tips/Tricks/Hacks, The former is long but well worth it.
Old 19th July 2011, 23:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Heartiest congrats Sumeet....

I did not like the Habanero Red earlier but after seeing a few on the roads I've developed a keen liking to it.

Cheers
Thank you hiren.Yes Red was not my first choice but i did not wanted to let go off this deal as i found the car is in good shape so went for it.I think the red/maroon color is the most uncommon for civics with white,silver etc more in numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Welcome to the Civic owners club. May I suggest you work your way through http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...t-dos-142.html and (if you are so inclined) Honda Civic- Tips/Tricks/Hacks, The former is long but well worth it.
Thank you sgiitk.I have already gone through the civic's bible on t-bhp.Will definetely go through the tips/tricks etc thread.
Old 20th July 2011, 09:13   #22
BHPian

Congrats Sumeet on the buy.

I too had bought a Civic AT 2006 Nov model last week :-) Have driven around 200 KM. Will post the experience once I cover some distance.
manoj_joseph78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 15:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Uploading some new pics.

Exteriors

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0287.jpg

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0285.jpg

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0270.jpg

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0269.jpg

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0289.jpg

Interiors

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0277.jpg

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0276.jpg

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0275.jpg

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0268.jpg

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0272.jpg

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0271.jpg
Old 23rd July 2011, 16:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

Misc.

Mat

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0290.jpg

Gear shift and E-brake. One of the few things which are little faded.

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0279.jpg

The Pedals.Have learn't how to drive resting the foot on the dead pedal.

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0278.jpg

The audio controls have some fade marks.

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0280.jpg

Got my firsct scratch today :-(. Got it while reversing the car.I have to park close to the balcony as there is not much space on the other side.Covered up the mark with a T-bhp sticker.

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0273.jpg

The driver seat has a tear on the lower side and the upper shoulder area.
Have sealed the lower with a duct tape which looks ugly.Need suggestions as to what can be done with the same to repair.

Name:  Photo0292.jpg
Views: 3070
Size:  80.3 KB

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0294.jpg
Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-bandaid.jpg

Finally the tyres.I know these need replacing but not sure how soon.Think they will last atleast 1-2K. what do you guys think ?

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0266.jpg

Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!-photo0265.jpg
Old 24th July 2011, 02:12   #25
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The driver seat has a tear on the lower side and the upper shoulder area.
Have sealed the lower with a duct tape which looks ugly.Need suggestions as to what can be done with the same to repair.

Finally the tyres.I know these need replacing but not sure how soon.Think they will last atleast 1-2K. what do you guys think ?
Does Indy have seat covers or is it leather. In case it is seat covers, maybe a new cover might solve the first issue. The tyres do look that they have some tread left. Are these the original NCT5s? If they are, then maybe one can think of replacing them in about 3-6 months time.
Old 24th July 2011, 11:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does Indy have seat covers or is it leather. In case it is seat covers, maybe a new cover might solve the first issue. The tyres do look that they have some tread left. Are these the original NCT5s? If they are, then maybe one can think of replacing them in about 3-6 months time.
hello Dot,
I am not sure if the seats have covers.It says Gsport on the seats.For now i am keeping the ugly tape duct on.Will get the covers later.I had talked with a accessory dealer and he said he can simply remove the torn part and replace that section only without changing the entire seat.Problem was i didn't wanted to leave the car with him, as the work will have to be done someplace else.So keeping that on hold ,will consider later.

Yes the tyres are original NCt5 and they do look i can keep them for another 3-4 months atleast.I keep the speed in check , do not exceed more than 70 but am amazed how the car reaches that speed without even me realizing it.

Meanwhile Indy got a scratch again today.Had got one yesterday,another today, a scratch per day has got me worried.What happened today i was pulling in my society compound and there is swift which is parked next to the entrance and was about to drive out.I needed some space to maneuver the car so signaled the driver to reverse.That moron misunderstood and took the car forward (like driving forward towards my car was going to me more space to move ahead) and bumped his bumper at my side).A small scratch mark has been made at the spot most of which i managed to wipe away with a cloth.Some residue from the swift's white paint has been left behind .Such things get on my nerves.

Anyways, i have completed 110 KMs of driving.Took her on the highway and tried out the 5th gear.The car is amazingly (there's that word again) smooth
and i feel i can cruise all day if i had to with rpm needing hovering around 2-3k mark.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 24th July 2011 at 12:14.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 11:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic 2007:Independence

Quote:
You can get xenos parking sensors for like 3.5k, thats the price i paid for fitting them on my silver rocket.
Hello jatin,

Can you tell me whether the sensor you fitted is the lcd type or the beep type.Is it of significant value or just a novelty item ?
Old 25th July 2011, 12:17   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Sumeet. The second set of pictures look very good.
I think you should save money on your Gear Lock (your steering lock is a good deterrent + you already have an immobilizer) and buy a reverse camera or at least parking sensors. You will save more by avoiding painting/ denting jobs later on (which will be much more expensive than you think).
I think the tires have a lot still left in them, but you may want to get all five of them inspected from someone trustworthy and knowledgeable. Make sure the spare is also in good condition.
Once you get more comfortable, try and take the car out in the night and test the headlights as well.
Old 25th July 2011, 12:51   #29
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda Civic 2007:Independence

Quote:
Hello jatin,

Can you tell me whether the sensor you fitted is the lcd type or the beep type.Is it of significant value or just a novelty item ?
No offence meant to you, but since it is such a big jump in terms of size, you should look at a 6 sensor option, with 4 at the back and 2 in the front, since in the Civic you cannot see the bonnet. It is a real help and not just a novelty item.
Old 25th July 2011, 12:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hello Dot,
I am not sure if the seats have covers.It says Gsport on the seats.For now i am keeping the ugly tape duct on.Will get the covers later.I had talked with a accessory dealer and he said he can simply remove the torn part and replace that section only without changing the entire seat.Problem was i didn't wanted to leave the car with him, as the work will have to be done someplace else.So keeping that on hold ,will consider later.
If it reads Gsport than they are seat covers. You can ask the dealor to remove the seat cover & do the repairs, once done you can go back to get it fitted. Ofcourse this will require additional work of bolting the car seat twice but then your peace of mind counts more than an additional 100 bucks for extra pain to the worker.

Quote:
Hello jatin,

It should be BEEP type.

We are getting sunny days now so I suggest that you go for TEFLON coating asap. Or else wait for few more weeks & get you share of nicks & cuts & then do it. I know I sound terrible saying that but that is part & parcel of graduating to big car. No offense meant on your driving skills bro.

If you dont go much on highways then your tyres are OK for 1-2k distance but Dec 06 tyres means the rubber must have hardened by now. Go for a CHANGE asap.

Raab Rakha.

Last edited by ariesonu : 25th July 2011 at 12:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks