Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2011, 14:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd & Completed 80k on the odo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I had a chance to check out reverse sensors yesterday at my local accessory shop. They did not have Xenos or RD but one un-branded senors for 2.6K.
The other option was a Sai brand sensor and they looked much better quality wise, they were for 3.2K.

I am not too keen on installing a mirror on top of the OE mirror, but this one had day/night mirror. Will perhaps go in for this next weekend.

Cheers
Better go for Xenos or RD and not for some unknown brand.Go for one which has a warranty.The one i have seem to see things which are not there.It works ok but takes a few seconds to actually see things. And everythings always .2 meters away.And yes the mirror clip on will vibrate while drivng so try and see if you get a dashboard mounted one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@sumeet

in xenos the same honda color is available and the build quality is better and its for 3k.

you got front sensors too?
No i did not go for front sensors.Well i wish i had gone for Xenos but i will give this thing a try as maybe these things get confused when it rains or so but i still have 1 year warranty.
Old 31st July 2011, 22:12   #47
BHPian

no issues with xenos for rains and sensing distance in rains and xenos comes with 3yr warranty.
Old 1st August 2011, 12:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Better go for Xenos or RD and not for some unknown brand.Go for one which has a warranty.The one i have seem to see things which are not there.It works ok but takes a few seconds to actually see things. And everythings always .2 meters away.And yes the mirror clip on will vibrate while drivng so try and see if you get a dashboard mounted one.
Xenos and RD are not easy to come by in borivali accessory shops, will hunt some more this week.
The SAI branded ones did have 1 year warranty though.
Old 1st August 2011, 23:24   #49
BHPian

@hiren

after 8th lets meet up Will help you out to get xenos sensors with warranty and all from goregaon or santacruz.
jatinpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:19   #50
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@hiren

after 8th lets meet up Will help you out to get xenos sensors with warranty and all from goregaon or santacruz.
Guys, do you know where to procure a lip (or ducktail) spoiler for Civic.
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:12   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@hiren

Sure, looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Guys, do you know where to procure a lip (or ducktail) spoiler for Civic.
Add me to that list to Dot. Asked my local fellows and they feigned ignorance.
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:28   #52
BHPian

I saw the lip spoiler at HONDA A.S.S its the same spoiler which fits onto the hybrid civic.
but it must be expensive.
Old 10th August 2011, 23:00   #53
Senior - BHPian

Name:  Photo0301.jpg
Views: 1960
Size:  162.4 KB

Here's another pic if Indy.I am finding the sun film is of the reflective type and does not allow much to be see from the sides during poor light conditions.The front and the back do not have dark tints so i hope i don't get pulled over by cops for the sides.One can see the insides if there is sufficient sunlight though but still at the back of my mind i have the thought i might be pulled over by some greedy cop.

Total i have done is around ~200 KMS.Had a first hand experience of the ABS in action last sunday .I was cruising at around 60-70 Kmph on the western express highway and was driving down a flyover.Suddenly a man with a child in his arms decide to cross the flyover a little ahead of me.I stomped the brake pedal and the car simply slowed down effortlessly and without any screeches or nose dives.Had it been the 800 there would have been a wheel lock up with that tyres screeching halting sound.The point to note is that the wheels did not lock up even when iput down my foot hard.Thank God for ABS.

I looked under the hood the other day.Found the friendly neighbourhood rodent from the nearby hole having a good time on the engine block.I had noticed that sound dampening material was lying across the engine bay.I thought at first it was coming loose.Only upon seeing the rodent did i realsize it was stinky's handiwork.Well let's hope he doesn't touch the car's crticial components else i will be forced to relieve him of his life

Overall i am quite happy with the car.Will be taking it for it's 1st service under my ownership.I have chosed Solitaire Honda at Andheri.I don't have a very positive impression about willing to give them a try.Jatin had recommended Linkway but their horror stories of crashing two of the customers cars does not inspire enough courage in me to go to them,

I have decided to get the foll done at the service.
  • Oil Change (mineral only)
  • Oil Filter Change
  • Fuel system Clean up
  • HDS scanning
  • General checkup
I plan to get the money burning fuel stainer aka fuel filter changed at the 40K mark as my car has just done 36885 Kms.No wheel balancing and alignment for me as the next stop for me will be new tyres.

OT

The other day i took out my oldie 800 for a spin as she was due for a tyre pressure check and i hadn't driven her for around 15-20 day.I was in the plan to sell her off and was getting more or less 30K.As i took the wheel her small proportions and ease of drivability compared to the gigantic Civic amazed me.The 800 is a good car to drive around the city and for some round the corner trips.

My heart went out once again to my dear oldie and i have more or less decided not to sell her.I mean 30K is not much.I have spent 10K on alloys,5K on the sound system,8K for a front suspension overhaul and thousands more on many other components like altenator,cooling fan etc.All this would go for a loss if i were to get just 30K in return.So i have decided to retain her for as long as i can and am quite happy with both my beauties

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 10th August 2011 at 23:03.
Old 10th August 2011, 23:10   #54
BHPian

@sumeet

way to go by keeping both your 800 and civic.

The ease and peace of mind that an 800 gives, with the power to squish each and every irritating rickshaws is simply unbeatable till now,
And civic is a Big pain for short trips to market and all due to its size and the amount of fuel it burns in short trips.
jatinpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 00:11   #55
Team-BHP Support

Don't worry buddy, 99.9% you will never get pulled over for those tints.

Also get throttle body cleaning and injector cleaning (not required but see when it was done last), and suspension retorque done when you send it for a service. Also tell them to have a look at your car and check if anything is in bad shape.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 00:25   #56
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I looked under the hood the other day.Found the friendly neighbourhood rodent from the nearby hole having a good time on the engine block.I had noticed that sound dampening material was lying across the engine bay.I thought at first it was coming loose.Only upon seeing the rodent did i realsize it was stinky's handiwork.Well let's hope he doesn't touch the car's crticial components else i will be forced to relieve him of his life
Suggest you to be very careful of "friendly" rodents. They can cause lot of damage. I have been a victim in the past where these guys had chewed off some pipes and wires of the exhaust system of our old Ikon. They had to be replaced at a cost. I had read somewhere that one simple solution is to spray red chilly powder solution around engine wires and plastic parts, if the issue is acute.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 18:50   #57
Senior - BHPian

Got Service done at 36970 kms from Solitaire Honda Andheri.Total bill 4626 Rs.Breakup of cost is as per below.

paid service 900
engine oil 1075
wash fuild 45
oil filter 190
blade rubber 506
blade rubber 379
bolt plug 144
washer drain 19
consumable 169
battery test 90
HDS 250
ac disinfectant 700
labour 1850

Rest was misc and vat etc.

The SA has mentioned the rear brake pads had gone and would need changing in the next 400-500 kms.Will get that done next month probably from a independant garage.The OE parts cost for same was 6k for a set.
Thankfully no mount problems or bad suspension issues.The battery is also in good shape and would last atleast hopefully a year.

Overall the quality of work was good.The car is now gleaming and shining after the wash though didn't find much of a improvement in terms of enghine smoothness.
Old 3rd September 2011, 17:06   #58
Senior - BHPian

A few updates.

The car has breached the 37K mark.Total i have done is around 400kms since the day i bought the car.Got new tyres(linky to same http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/26758-civic-shoes-upgrade-26.html#post2481529).

Don't want to comment on the price paid for the tyres as i know they are on the higher side but in the end i got what i wanted.There is particular stretch of road on the western express highway ,which is like a gentle curve, while driving towards Bandra on which i would feel as if i would lose control as the older tyres wouldn't grip very well.Need to go and try out the new tyres on the same stretch and see how the car handles.

I had also had tried to get a gear lock installed a week or two ago.The metal plate was bought in from Delhi but unfotunately the gear lock guys were not able to get the same fixed on the car.When they opened the centre console they found that the plate was such that it would not allow the the console to be fitted back properly.So had to drop the idea for now.The guy who got the plate arranged said maybe it's for the newer generation civic and might not fit the older one.He said that he will try and get another plate if possible which could fit my model.

Also got the rear brake pads replaced from Nakita motors Bandra.Got the original Nissin brake pads, total damage 2340 including labor.As of now i do not forsee(touchwood) any major expense for the car and hopefully would spend only on fuel.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 19:42   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The SA has mentioned the rear brake pads had gone and would need changing in the next 400-500 kms.Will get that done next month probably from a independant garage.The OE parts cost for same was 6k for a set.
Sumeeth, I am surprised to know the rear pads are gone at 37K only. My car recently completed 50K and I got the pad replaced as well. However, rear pads have life left in them for at least another 7-8000 kms. It is good to know you got the pad replaced at an independent garage. Honda prices are ridiculous if I am honest. I got TRW aftermarket front and back pads and total cost was around INR 3000 for everything.

Quote:
Thankfully no mount problems or bad suspension issues.
... Just pop the hood by yourself and make a physical observation about the remaining engine mount life! Engine mount location can be found in this pic.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2353530

Quote:
I had also had tried to get a gear lock installed
IMHO, don't bother with gear lock at all. Civic's stock security system is pretty good.

Quote:
Total i have done is around 400kms since the day i bought the car.
Mind taking her out a bit more often!

Keep her revving....
Old 4th September 2011, 00:38   #60
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A few updates.

The car has breached the 37K mark.Total i have done is around 400kms since the day i bought the car.
Is this right? No typo? A few trips here and there, grocery and office does 250+ in a week for me.

It is also good for the car to move around a little bit more.

Quote:
Also got the rear brake pads replaced from Nakita motors Bandra.Got the original Nissin brake pads, total damage 2340 including labor.
It is good that you posted these details. The other place I know of, where one can buy Nissin brake pads is Opera House, thanks to Hiren Mistry's posts. At least Bandra is nearer to Pune!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks