Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2008, 13:33   #136
Senior - BHPian

Hi alv,

There are ownership reports available on SX4, NHC & Aveo On forum, please search got them. Also I am assuming that you have read ownership reports for various cars on the T-Bhp portal here

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Test Drives
Old 13th March 2008, 13:33   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alv View Post
was informed by the sales guys at Bhavna ford that putting alloys will reduce the FE and power of the car as they are heavier - is that true
This is absolutely incorrect. In fact, alloys are lighter than steel rims. There is no real evidence that it will increase the FE. But, it certainly does not decrease it. Your dealer is bull ****** you.

Fiesta is a very nice drivers car. Way better than NHC and SX4 but, NHC takes the cake in interiors, space and brand. Whereas SX4 is a total VFM package for people looking at a car with a higher GC.

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th March 2008 at 13:34.
Old 13th March 2008, 13:36   #138
Senior - BHPian

@mobike: while the alloys are expected to be lighter than the steel rims some of the alloys are actually heavier as they are more about show than go. I dont have an example to quote but have heard this from many auto journos offline.
Old 18th March 2008, 08:38   #139
BHPian

I have completed 700 KMs on my fiesta.

Ride and Handling is superb.
Mileage, i am getting around 10-11 KMPL in bangalore traffic

Will be posting more details and pics soon in a seperate thread.
Old 18th March 2008, 13:16   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
I have completed 700 KMs on my fiesta.

Ride and Handling is superb.
Mileage, i am getting around 10-11 KMPL in bangalore traffic

Will be posting more details and pics soon in a seperate thread.
Is the mileage for Fiesta 1.6 or 1.4?
Old 18th March 2008, 14:10   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
Fiesta 1.6 Sxi.......
Old 18th March 2008, 14:27   #142
alv

I have a Zen for last 3 years ( 25k Kms ) and have this typical 'rattle' as i drive , even a good road - had it checked at various service centres and also read the forums and i believe its a very Maruti thing . This for the users of the fiesta ( especially the long term ones ) is there a rattle even on a ford make maybe after 20k Kms . owners of other car makes also can give their feedback on their experiences.
Old 18th March 2008, 16:46   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
Mine is a 1.6 SXI.
Last time i filled for 1000Rs, got 18.96 ltrs. The DTE was reading 16 KM's then.
The distance covered read 185 KM's and the DTE was reading 36 KM's cheers:
Old 18th March 2008, 17:22   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
Mine is a 1.6 SXI.
Last time i filled for 1000Rs, got 18.96 ltrs. The DTE was reading 16 KM's then.
The distance covered read 185 KM's and the DTE was reading 36 KM's cheers:
Please don't use DTE to calculate your FE. Use the tankfull to tankfull method instead, as it is the most reliable. DTE varies depending on how fast you drive, traffic density, AC usage, etc.
Old 18th March 2008, 19:58   #145
BHPian

Even i use the same method to calculate the mileage in my Fiesta TDCi. For me, she gives me 13~14 KMPL in Bangalore, which is awesome

My 1.5 years young car has done around ~25K Km so far.
Old 19th March 2008, 08:48   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Please don't use DTE to calculate your FE. Use the tankfull to tankfull method instead, as it is the most reliable. DTE varies depending on how fast you drive, traffic density, AC usage, etc.
Yup will do man.
But i have done this twice, and i have got the same reading.
Old 19th March 2008, 16:09   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The other minus reported by Overdrive that hasn't surfaced yet is they had reported that it scrapes a lot of speed breakers but I haven't scraped any yet. Maybe its because I'm a little wary after reading it and haven't been flying over them but time will tell.
yup, i have scraped the hump a couple of times, that's mainly bcos, i had no intention of slowing down
Old 31st March 2008, 11:15   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
hi members who r complaining about the squeaking noise frm the rear of the car just get ur rear bumper tightened up properly i think thats what causes the noise even my car had that problem now its dissappeared
Hey, even I am getting this squeaky sound from the rear (don't know from where), but this happens only when I turn sharply on an uneven surface, like turning left to go up the ramp for my parking space.
Asked Mody Ford guys to check this up during 1 year servicing last week. They said it is due to left shock absorber cap, and said they fixed it by oiling it, or whatever. However, I am still getting it. though it appears to be slightly less now.
I think I shall ask them to check the bumper, as it has taken 4 hits so far.
Old 31st March 2008, 11:26   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
What is the maximum mileage that anyone has got in Fiesta 1.6. I am trying to get 14kmpl somehow and I couldnt go past 12.75 at anytime (city or highway).

My range is 11 - 12.75 kmpl both city and highway included. Even i drive past 130kmph it never drops below 11. And when i drive consisitently at 80 kmph agian it doesnt go beyond 12.75.

I see that if we keep it near 2000-2500RPM the mileage seems to be best.
It may be a bit late to answer this query, but in Hyd city driving, my FE varies between 10.5 to 12 (depending on traffic density and AC usage), and on highways between 14 to 16.5. The 16.5 figure was a result of driving below 110 kmph, with 70 % AC usage, during my return trip from Mumbai to Hyd in December. However, when I ripped her at 150 to 170 on the Pune expressway, the FE dropped to 14 (including 150 kms of driving on the Sholapur highway at 100 kmph.)
Old 7th April 2008, 10:52   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hey, even I am getting this squeaky sound from the rear (don't know from where), but this happens only when I turn sharply on an uneven surface, like turning left to go up the ramp for my parking space.
Asked Mody Ford guys to check this up during 1 year servicing last week. They said it is due to left shock absorber cap, and said they fixed it by oiling it, or whatever. However, I am still getting it. though it appears to be slightly less now.
I think I shall ask them to check the bumper, as it has taken 4 hits so far.
Even I had started getting this noise once in a while. I think its the same old handbrake rod or harness at the rear which was reported a lot when the Fiestas had been launched.

I actually looked under the rear left wheel & you can clearly see two rods really close by & they will touch under certain conditions. I noticed that very small ( size of mustards) get caught in this gap giving rise to a sharp abrasive noise. I cleaned it out once & put on some grease & there has been no noise so far. Try it out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks