Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2009, 15:30   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_812 View Post

Question: My old warranty just expired on July 31st 2009 , can I get it renewed.?
contact you service centre asap, today when i went to ford i asked about it they say they have to get approval from ford for the customer who's warranty has expired.
Old 7th August 2009, 15:48   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Suman,
I just bumped into your thread after a long time. Congrats on the 80KKm mark! We have done about 50Kkm on our Diesel, and so far have no issues except for some rattles and squeaks.
Planning on getting a decarbonization done this coming service.
Completely agree on the reliability part. As of today, this car has done one of the most kms in our house, barring the Accord which had done 70Kkm. So far, I am quite amazed with her reliability, and am planning on a second tyre change in 2 years, when I am back for good. I even agree on the build of the car. The fiesta has seen some of the worst roads, and nothing has happened to her.
Congrats and hope to see more updates soon.
Old 7th August 2009, 16:56   #213
Senior - BHPian

Hey Lambo, thanks & nice to hear from you! So the twin is lagging behind a bit in terms of kms, huh?
Old 8th August 2009, 20:38   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

@Suman: Yes sir, the twin is lagging behind, and not by a bit, but a lot!
Guess that can be attributed to Delhi's longer distances, and the lack of time to go anywhere out of Mumbai for a good long drive. Been waiting to take her on the highways, but no luck as yet.
Here's a quick question:
How long did the decarbonization process take? And what oil are you using? The owners manual recommends semi-synthetic engine oil.
Old 9th August 2009, 09:55   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
How long did the decarbonization process take? And what oil are you using? The owners manual recommends semi-synthetic engine oil.
Not sure how long the actual decarb took since it was part of the overall servicing process & I wasn't there. If you do get it done, combine it with your regular service.

SAE 10W 30 is what they've used this time.......not sure if that is semi-synthetic?
Old 17th August 2009, 11:33   #216
Senior - BHPian

Three cheers for Harpreet Ford......

A few days after the last service, I noticed that the DTE (Distance to Empty) & the fuel gauge needle were behaving erratically - the DTE was fluctuating wildly (+/- 50-60 kms in a matter of a few meters) & so was the needle (came down between three quarters & the halfway mark with less than 100 kms on the tripmeter). To top it all, the low fuel warning lamp came on but, when the fuel was filled, only 32 litres went in (which meant 13 litres plus in the tank, so the fuel warning lamp shouldn't have come on).

Car was sent to the workshop last Friday (getting a booking at HF Gurgaon is becoming more & more difficult) - they found the float sensor was malfunctioning. It was changed and......hang on, here comes the good part.....they changed it under warranty even though the car had crossed 80k kms! The reversing lamp switch had also packed up & that was also changed under warranty. Very very decent of them I must say - these items would have otherwise cost me 2k plus VAT plus Labour. Three cheers.

Last edited by suman : 17th August 2009 at 11:34.
Old 18th August 2009, 15:21   #217
BHPian

That was good man. But still have warranty? Do you extended warranty? I was not aware of any warrany available till 80k kms. Could you detail it please?
Old 18th August 2009, 15:39   #218
Senior - BHPian

Great to know that they are flexible with the 80K cap for petrol Fiestas. Was that act of kindness from Ford or by the dealer?
Old 18th August 2009, 15:48   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
That was good man. But still have warranty? Do you extended warranty? I was not aware of any warrany available till 80k kms. Could you detail it please?
For the Petrol model, the warranty is extendable till the end of the 4th year or 80,000kms, whichever is earlier. I'd paid 4.5k for it in January this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Was that act of kindness from Ford or by the dealer?
Act of kindness by the dealer

Last edited by suman : 18th August 2009 at 15:49.
Old 9th December 2009, 18:17   #220
BHPian

Hey Suman , Just reviving the thread to see if you crossed the 'lac' mark yet.
Old 10th December 2009, 09:33   #221
Senior - BHPian

Not yet mate, inching towards the 90k kms mark though (87,994 this morning)........will be posting an update shortly on the total ownership cost per km so far.

Last edited by suman : 10th December 2009 at 09:34.
Old 11th December 2009, 15:15   #222
BHPian

Hey Suman, could you PM me contact details of the SA from Harpreet Ford. My car is facing the judder issue that I mentioned before and it all seems to point to a clutch problem.

I've been off the forum mostly since I shifted to Pune and my dad has been driving the car. I recently went to Delhi and I realised that the problem has increased. The weird thing is that the problem shows up only when the car is being driven in stop go traffic for a reasonable time. Earlier it used to happen after driving for an hour or so. Now it happens even in a half hour drive.
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:05   #223
Senior - BHPian

Four years completed!

Its been a while since my last post & here are some updates -
  • A few weeks ago, my driver pointed out a few small gashes on both the front Michelins - small strips had come off. My initial reaction was that he'd gone over something & was trying to cover up but on closer examination, decided to have it checked out by Deepak at Star Wheels. Deepak mentioned that this was a common problem with Michelins & were more pronounced on the front because of the additional stress caused during cornering etc. The tyres were rotated & are presently doing duty at the rear.
  • She completed four years in the family on 25th Jan - time flies, doesn't it!
  • Two days before that, the driver door window regulator motor packed up. Since EW expired at 80k kms, this was out-of-pocket & cost me Rs 1,484 inclusive of Labour.
  • Was in two minds about whether to do the 90k kms service at the dealer workshop or get an oil change done at a local mechanic. In the process, the service got delayed & it was past 92k kms on the odo before I finally decided to go the dealer workshop way. Servicing was done last weekend & a couple of days prior, the clutch pedal was acting sluggish on the return. This was diagnosed as being due to a leaking pipe (from the clutch fluid container to the cylinder) which had to be changed as well (approx cost was Rs 1,100). Total cost (including oil & oil filter change) of the service was Rs 3,770.
  • Post the service, we detected a noise which was diagnosed as coming from the Water Pump so that's something that needs to be changed - probably later on in the week or next week sometime.
The total cost of ownership as of now stands at Rs 35,987 (excluding the cost of the Michelin Energy XM1s) & the present odo reading is 92,574. So that brings up a cost of 39 paise per km. Not bad, not bad at all huh?
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:10   #224
Senior - BHPian

Indeed thats a good reasonable costing. So this proves that maintaining a Ford fiesta is not that costly as some people still doubting about costly service work on ford cars?
Old 6th February 2010, 09:07   #225
Senior - BHPian

That's a stupendous achievement, Suman---4 years and a very pocket-friendly maintenance cost.

Congrats.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks