Team-BHP - Fiesta 1.6 SXI with ABS - 163,500 kms and 9 years with the family!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Fiesta 1.6 SXI with ABS - 163,500 kms and 9 years with the family! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/10490-fiesta-1-6-sxi-abs-163-500-kms-9-years-family-18.html)

Congrats Suman on the milestone!

Have you encountered any rattling/rusting issues so far?

Another silent admirer speaks up after the change in thread title. The Fiesta is one sweet ride.

When the Fiesta was launched, a lot of car mags and forum members said that the styling was uninspired and boring. Right then, I'd said that the car has fantastic proportions, and that it'll not age for the next 10 -12 years. I think I was right, because the Fiesta design still looks great.

Excellent... Congratulations Suman. The ownership cost par is inspiring for the new fiestians like me.

I agree about the styling part, even I liked the design.
It has no quirkiness attached to it like an SX4 or even the ANHC, it looks majestic. The S version further accentuates the design with a hint of aggression. The styling is calm and composed, very much to my liking.

One of the rare cars thats adept in telepathy ;) Congrats!

Thanks guys for your comments. When I'd bought this beauty in Jan 2006, there was such a lot of scepticism about the car, it wasn't funny! The Baleno lovers in particular (yes, back in 2005 when the Fiesta 1.6 first hit the market, there were a lot of serious Baleno fanboys around:D) had written off the Fiesta already for being just another crappy high maintenance Ford. But I loved the snarl & the "glued to the road" feeling the moment I TDed the car & went with my gut feel. And the rest, as they say, is history!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 1985035)
One of the rare cars thats adept in telepathy

Amen, Lavkesh!
Quote:

Originally Posted by zuch (Post 1984419)
Good to hear the great times are going on.

Hey Zuch, how you doing man? Long time no hear, car with you or your father?
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 1984435)
Do check out Bridgestone Turanza ER60 in 195/60-14 while getting the new set.

Will do saar! Are they better than the Yokos in terms of ride comfort & road holding? More importantly, are they cheaper :p??
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjayc (Post 1984551)
Have you encountered any rattling/rusting issues so far?

None whatsoever Sanjay (touch wood!). Way back in the initial stages, the handbrake cable used to squeak a bit but that was set right & never came back....

NARCISSISTIC UPDATE: Just S.M.O.K.E.D. an ANHC (with Ferrari stickers, can you beat that!) this morning on the Expressway - aaahhhh, the joys of DURATECing!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 1985261)
Will do saar! Are they better than the Yokos in terms of ride comfort & road holding? More importantly, are they cheaper :p??

There's not much difference in terms of ride comfort & road holding.
Its costlier than A drives and cheaper than Michelins:)

Quote:

Hey Zuch, how you doing man? Long time no hear, car with you or your father?

I'm doing very good. Had been really busy lately but expecting things to change soon. Moved to Hyderabad now and I've got the fiesta with me :D

I believe you'll hear a lot more from me in the 'travelogues' and 'street experiences' sections pretty soon :)

Quote:

Thanks guys for your comments. When I'd bought this beauty in Jan 2006, there was such a lot of scepticism about the car, it wasn't funny! The Baleno lovers in particular (yes, back in 2005 when the Fiesta 1.6 first hit the market, there were a lot of serious Baleno fanboys around:D) had written off the Fiesta already for being just another crappy high maintenance Ford. But I loved the snarl & the "glued to the road" feeling the moment I TDed the car & went with my gut feel. And the rest, as they say, is history!!!

It was a good thing a few early adopters like you took a chance with the 1.6 and got the word going. I bet most of the others who bought it later went purely by word of mouth. At least, that was the case for me. :) I remember the Fiesta diesel getting a lot of positive reviews when it was launched but there were only a few whispers around the monstrous 1.6. Did you TD the 1.4 petrol as well?

The credit goes to you as a fiesta owner member since 2006 and with the comments from people like you gives more weight /support for the new buyers. Now this forum having more than 100 fiesta owners can be proud that they have a Car which has got good driving quality - yes DRIVERS CAR! GO FIDA!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilead (Post 1986946)
Did you TD the 1.4 petrol as well?

Nah, no way, the thought of a 1.4 when there was a 1.6 on offer didn't grab me at all:D

(Much the same reason why I didn't even look at the 1.3 Ikon when the 1.6 was around:))

Congrats on the milestone. Its a pleasure to read the reports here. Next is what ?

Please find my replies in bold.
Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 1984114)
Sometime during the week of 21st June, she crossed the 100,000 kms milestone. Here's a picture taken earlier this month

Congrats Suman, I know how good it feels to have such figures on the clock especially after the incredibly low ownership as yours. My friend has a 2002 ikon 1.6 and has clocked 70k kms. I always tell him, your lucky as yours is the only ford which has run extremely well with low cost of ownership and still being a delight to drive..Well.. I take my words back now:thumbs up.

I am amazed, you haven't even had a suspension change, must say you have managed very well in and around Gurgaon (the less I write about the inner lanes the better it is).

Hopefully, by then, we'd have heard something about the new Ford sedan.........and the new Mitsubishi sedan........and of course the Vento which is just round the corner. Another major factor influencing the decision not to sell now is that my daughter started driving during her summer holidays & is now quite attached to the Fiesta. She has told me, in no uncertain terms, to shelve any ideas about selling it!

Keeping the fiesta is not a bad idea, and yeah waiting for the new ford or Mitsui sedan isnt a bad idea either. Wish the lancer would have been here:Frustrati.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 1984372)
You should see her reaction every time I mention selling this & buying a new car. She says "And what am I going to drive? I'm sure you won't let me touch the new car so what am I supposed to do?"

And I tell her "Well, there's the Safari - you can drive that for a bit"

Let her drive the Safari for a week and then see the difference in her driving, this monster will take all driving fear (if at all) off her, and then may be your next set of tyres on fiesta run for only 20k kms:D.

But I think we'll end up keeping the Fiesta as well, only problem is going to be parking space - I'm not going to buy a third space so we'll have to see how to handle that bit as & when it happens!

yup, the parking in Gurgaon, it ll probably cost you more than a small hatch, well you already have two and may use the visitors parking.

Quote:

NARCISSISTIC UPDATE: Just S.M.O.K.E.D. an ANHC (with Ferrari stickers, can you beat that!) this morning on the Expressway - aaahhhh, the joys of DURATECing!!!!!

Ahhh, the expressway, I am missing it, just quit job and I miss the every morning ride I had on the damn expressway, especially days when it was all clear for get set GO!. Now I will only be going till ambiance mall and that to occasionally.

Anyways, It was nice reading the detailed ownership report and I believe it was the best and the most detailed one I have read till now.

Take care and keep driving..of course safe!

Gaurav

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 (Post 1991176)
Please find my replies in bold.
Anyways, It was nice reading the detailed ownership report and I believe it was the best and the most detailed one I have read till now.

Thanks Gaurav, ROTFL at that bit about the after effects of driving the Safari!

About the suspension, the tie rod ends, the front right shocker & its mounting had been changed at 77k kms but there has not been any need for a full suspension overhaul yet (touch wood:D).

Here she is, Ladies & Gentleman, though not as spick & span as perhaps a year ago! My driver, although otherwise a careful & reliable fellow, suffers from a funny trait. We saw this earlier with the Ikon as well. Come three/three & a half years plus & he tends to become a bit careless. Reluctant to keep the car shining, has to be constantly reminded to Shampoo it & use the Scratch remover & so on.

And then he suffers from the "Pata Nahin" syndrome. Ask him "Harish, yeh scratch kahan se aaya?".........."Pata Nahin Sir". Get the picture, right? And there are times when he even has the guts to try & pin something on to me! LOL! Anyway, here you go

Fiesta 1.6 SXI with ABS - 163,500 kms and 9 years with the family!-17072010031.jpg
In the next two pics, notice the scratches below the left fog lamp & on the lower portion of the grille next to the right headlamp unit (you'll see the bonnet is a wee bit out too). The ones below the fog lamp are the "Pata Nahin" variety (he tried passing the buck on to me initially) - I'm pretty sure he scraped going up a sandy/muddy parking lot somewhere. The grille was thanks to him tapping a car close to our house - was obviously not paying attention as there was no justification tapping a car from behind at those speeds. The ones on the right hand corner of the bumper are courtesy the last service visit to Harpreet Ford workshop. Somebody scratched it in the parking lot so our man yelled at them (for a change) and asked them to use Rubbing Compund & paint up the scratches. Big mistake! They would have done a hurried job & the paint didn't match. As a result, it looks worse than what it probably would have if we'd used scratch remover & left it like that
Fiesta 1.6 SXI with ABS - 163,500 kms and 9 years with the family!-17072010032.jpg
Fiesta 1.6 SXI with ABS - 163,500 kms and 9 years with the family!-17072010033.jpg
And finally, I just love this in-your-face kinda sticker -
Fiesta 1.6 SXI with ABS - 163,500 kms and 9 years with the family!-17072010034.jpg
Fiesta 1.6 SXI with ABS - 163,500 kms and 9 years with the family!-17072010030.jpg