Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2010, 14:31   #241
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic----yet another milestone! Congrats. This really busts the myth that Ford cars cost a bomb to maintain.
BTW, what tyres have you shod the rocket with? Did you change the stock MRFs soon after purchase.
As regards your daughter, you are going to be in trouble---she will not allow you to sell it, nor will she be happy with most other cars, lest you go in for a Beemer
Old 16th July 2010, 14:44   #242
Senior - BHPian

Hey, thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
BTW, what tyres have you shod the rocket with? Did you change the stock MRFs soon after purchase.
I changed the stock MRFs at 51k kms; the rocket is presently on Michelin Energy XM1+s (185x65x14s). Deepak has advised Yokohama A Drives in 195x60x14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
As regards your daughter, you are going to be in trouble---she will not allow you to sell it, nor will she be happy with most other cars, lest you go in for a Beemer
LOL, need to win a lottery before that can happen but I know what you mean!!!
Old 16th July 2010, 14:53   #243
Senior - BHPian

@suman,

Thats some inspirational run and the cost of ownership which you have got is something which should inspire more Fiestas to be sold. I think your car should be in Ford India's "Hall of Fame".

Your thread proves that if the car is maintained and serviced at regular intervals you can get the maximum out of it and save money as well.
Old 16th July 2010, 15:01   #244
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! This must be the first Fiesta 1.6 on TBHP to cross 100K kms. Your low ownership cost is probably good news for other 1.6 owners like me. I don't see myself doing 100K in 4 years though. I have done nearly 6K in 8 months.

The new Fiesta sedan should arrive sometime in 2011 though it has not been spotted testing yet. And absolutely no news on the new Lancer. So a Vento 1.6 might be a good choice.

And when you change the tires, get her some performance ones. What is she running on now?

Last edited by Gilead : 16th July 2010 at 15:03.
Old 16th July 2010, 15:10   #245
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys! As I keep saying, those who haven't experienced the Fiesta 1.6 will never know what they've missed in this life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
And when you change the tires, get her some performance ones. What is she running on now?
As I mentioned in my reply to vnabhi below, she's currently on Michelin Energy XM1+s - 185x65x14; contemplating Yokohama A drives - 195x60x14

And you're right, none of the other 1.6s on this forum have come close to this mileage yet

Last edited by suman : 16th July 2010 at 15:11.
Old 16th July 2010, 15:34   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
And you're right, none of the other 1.6s on this forum have come close to this mileage yet
You should get the thread title updated. "First Fiesta 1.6 to cross 100K".

If you wait for a couple of more years, you may even see the Focus here. 2.0L Duractec. 140 BHP. Now imagine what a stonker that one would be. Too bad the US spec Focus and Fusion will never come here. I like their shape and stying much better than the international one.

The one thing I don't like about next gen Fords is that they all have EPS. I bet an EPS can never be good as the hydraulic one that we currently have.

Okay enough of OT. What engine oil have you been using? The regular Ford recommended one, or synthetic?
Old 16th July 2010, 15:44   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You should get the thread title updated. "First Fiesta 1.6 to cross 100K".
Well, I'd already asked for a title edit & its happened now. Nice sugggestion though!
Quote:
If you wait for a couple of more years, you may even see the Focus here. 2.0L Duractec. 140 BHP. Now imagine what a stonker that one would be.
Ya but I'm kinda skeptical about if & when that'll ever come. IIRC, sometime in 2005, Autocar had come up with some "scoop" pics of what looked like the then Focus....but the damn thing was never launched & we ended up getting the Fiesta instead.

Quote:
Okay enough of OT. What engine oil have you been using? The regular Ford recommended one, or synthetic?
The regular Ford recommended one. So far.

Last edited by suman : 16th July 2010 at 15:46.
Old 16th July 2010, 15:51   #248
Senior - BHPian

Wow thats great 100k plus kms and a Happy Fiesta Owner still enjoying the drive!
(dont think I will reach that figure even in 10 years).
What else to say - CONGRATULATIONS!!

Last edited by nairrk : 16th July 2010 at 15:52. Reason: correcction
Old 16th July 2010, 16:10   #249
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Suman! Dont think your daughter is going to let go of the Fiesta now.
Old 16th July 2010, 16:19   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Ya but I'm kinda skeptical about if & when that'll ever come. IIRC, sometime in 2005, Autocar had come up with some "scoop" pics of what looked like the then Focus....but the damn thing was never launched & we ended up getting the Fiesta instead.
According to the 'Ford's future line up' thread, the following are supposed to come.

- Fiesta hatch- 1H 2011
- Fiesta sedan- 2H 2011
- MPV like S max- 1H 2012
- Focus sedan- 2H 2012
- Mondeo- 2013
- Endy replacement- 2013

But no further news ever since Mustang 101 got himself banned. Have you considered a Linea Turbojet in case it launches? Not sure if a turbo will reliably last for more than a 100K kms without giving some issue or the other.
Old 16th July 2010, 16:46   #251
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Dont think your daughter is going to let go of the Fiesta now.
Tell me about it Benny! You should see her reaction every time I mention selling this & buying a new car. She says "And what am I going to drive? I'm sure you won't let me touch the new car so what am I supposed to do?"

And I tell her "Well, there's the Safari - you can drive that for a bit"

But I think we'll end up keeping the Fiesta as well, only problem is going to be parking space - I'm not going to buy a third space so we'll have to see how to handle that bit as & when it happens!

Quote:
Have you considered a Linea Turbojet in case it launches?
Yup, did think about that one but I feel somewhat claustrophobic in a Linea, particularly in the rear seat, every time that I've ridden in one. Not sure if the sloping ceiling at the rear has something to do with it. Besides, the rear legroom is scarce & the family needs a fair bit more than what we have in the Fiesta so I think the Linea will not work for us eventually.
Old 16th July 2010, 16:58   #252
Senior - BHPian

I've just given my car for servicing and inquired about synthetic oil. Per the SA, Mody Ford has banned sale of Mobil Synthetic oil in all their outlets --something they were selling hitherto . This is becuase many customers owning Endys and Fiestas complained of knocking sounds from the engine. So I am sticking to normal engine oil for now.

@Gilead---that seems to be an impressive lineup from Ford for 2011. I've driven a diesel SMax 6-seater in the UK in Apri, and boy it was a hoot to drive! It had as much low end grunt as the 1.6 Fiesta and better top end grunt. But I hope Ford India does not over-price it and kill it like the Mondeo.
Old 16th July 2010, 17:09   #253
BHPian

Man I've been following and admiring your thread silently since the beginning. The fact that you mentioned you're planning to sell your car made something move in my stomach. On TBHP when you mention Fiesta you think of suman. Good to hear the great times are going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
As I keep saying, those who haven't experienced the Fiesta 1.6 will never know what they've missed in this life
Seriously!
Old 16th July 2010, 17:12   #254
BHPian

Simply WOW! What a feast to see your ODO pic!

And your ownership costs till date is indeed a morale booster for fellow 1.6 Fiestans here. Did I hear a sigh from 1.4 owners? Or was it only me?
Old 16th July 2010, 17:18   #255
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Congratulations.

Do check out Bridgestone Turanza ER60 in 195/60-14 while getting the new set.

Most Viewed