Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2006, 23:26   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
BIG GROUSE - Want to smoke a City ZX Vtec but haven't found any takers yet, Goldie, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Hey Suman, Wanna smoke a well-used OHC VTEC???? 'Cause I know of one!!
Old 23rd November 2006, 23:42   #77

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:

BIG GROUSE - Want to smoke a City ZX Vtec but haven't found any takers yet, Goldie, PLEASE HELP!!!!!
@ishan:allow me.....
maybe i could be of some help.
Old 24th November 2006, 13:21   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Suman or any one else can tell me what is the normal tyre pressure required for upto 2 persons in a fiesta. I keep 30,30 front and back and i feel the car feels loose on the road and bumps a lot.
30 all round is what I use as well; the suspension is not as tight as the Ikon in any case so you need to go a lot easier on speedbreakers - I've faced that myself. Though no issues about bottoming out on roads.

Ishan, Hellspawn would love to, in fact the Fiesta feels like a Lamborghini these days compared to the truck I drive around on my daily commute ....so it would be a greater motivator smoking VTECs now, young or old!!!

Last edited by suman : 24th November 2006 at 13:23.
Old 24th November 2006, 13:55   #79
BANNED

Suman, are you by any chance PROMOTING STREET RACING?
Old 24th November 2006, 14:35   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva View Post
Suman, are you by any chance PROMOTING STREET RACING?
No Boom, just clutch dumping at red lights , all within the limits laid down the law!
Old 24th November 2006, 14:37   #81
Senior - BHPian

Oh now Suman that is very naughty & illegal of you Now don't go racing any Red VTEC's ok
Old 25th November 2006, 17:14   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

I doubt a fiesta 1.6 can beat an OHC Vtech

What say, suman and Iraghava? want to prove a point?
Old 25th November 2006, 17:38   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I doubt a fiesta 1.6 can beat an OHC Vtech

What say, suman and Iraghava? want to prove a point?
Well I agree with you Mobike the OHC VTEC is still in a class of its own! But if me & Suman do find the time for an impromptu comparison sometime we'll keep you informed!
Old 25th January 2007, 13:05   #84
Senior - BHPian

Happy Birthday, a year old & 21000 on the odo!

She's turned a year old today so can all of you cheer & sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY please?

In the process, she's also completed 21000 kms and what I've driven of it has been pure unadulterated fun! To celebrate, we took her out early morning today & had a ball on the way & back from the kids school. It was a good early morning adrenalin rush for all of us. I love my Dicor but this baby is something else obviously......floor the pedal & let her rip, without any worries on the extra width or bulk when it comes to zipping through gaps or stopping in time!

That said, guys, I've not driven her much since November - just the weekend spins and evening zips to the Club and the very occasional trip to work when the Dicor has been at the workshop. She is (sigh) in the hands of my driver now but.....(touch wood!), he's taking good care of her. There is really not much to update except for the fact that its been a trouble-free & cheap ownership experience so far (just the 700 bucks mentioned in my last update).....the 20k/one year service is now due & she'll be taking the treatment this weekend (will update costs once done) along with the one year Waxoyl re-treatment (free, under warranty). We've not had any issues at all since my last report, mileage has increased (partly due to winter having set in & partly because with the driver, AC usage is 50% since he drives without AC when we are not in the car, AFAIK) and we've been getting between 11.86 (lowest) & 13.44 (highest) kmpl, average being a healthy 12.34 kmpl. I think that's pretty good for a brand (Ford) which has never been famous for fuel economy (before some of you pounce, remember this is the 1.6 PETROL) & one that has PRETTY GOOD PERFORMANCE and is a REAL HOOT TO DRIVE (IMHO).

She did get banged on the right rear quite some time ago by a scooterist (who'd mistaken the smooth rear for a crash test facility!). Coming off the Chirag Delhi flyover, this guy was way behind, cars ahead of me slowed down & so did I (mind you, gentle slowing, not abrupt), his brakes refused to do their work so he smashed into the bumper & his handlebars took a chip out of the tail lamp assembly (could have KILLED him!). The bumpers are tough I must say, NO dent at all, just a whole lot of (yucky) green paint, most of which went off by spraying Colin all-purpose cleaner....but there were streaks on the side so I decided to restore her to her glory & had the full bumper repainted. Cost me 2k but I wouldn't call that "a cost of ownership" for obvious reasons.

Oh, an update on the pick-up - suddenly remembered someone's comment the other day on the way home about how a Baleno or OHC would do 160 in 3rd gear "with ease"......so I thought I'd try & see how much this baby could do. This was on the stretch in front of the Army R&R hospital going towards the cantonment area. Decided to FLOOR the pedal as the light turned green and redline her through the gears. Well, I had to back-off a little before we peaked 3rd gear because of a sharp curve coming up (where the road turns & goes towards Outer Ring Road) and at that point I'd almost touched 150 kmph (speedo) - but lemme tell you, that was pretty close to the redline. Will try out a redline sometime late night-early mornings & let you know.

Well, that's it folks, apart from the fact that I do miss her these days on my commute but I'm glad that I don't subject her to the nasty peak hour traffic jams with every possibility of someone pawing her from behind or the side!

One new gripe - After the Dicor, it feels like I'm sitting in the basement & peering out through the skylight!

CONTINUING GROUSE - Want to smoke a City ZX Vtec but STILL haven't found any takers Someday....somewhere I hope!

Last edited by suman : 25th January 2007 at 13:07.
Old 25th January 2007, 13:09   #85
Senior - BHPian

Great update Suman. You seem to be one happy Fiesta owner. Nice to know you got good FE figures. Are you done with your free services? Whats the paid service on your car like?

So are you still in the basement or have you surfaced to the top of the world again?
Old 25th January 2007, 13:13   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Great update Suman. You seem to be one happy Fiesta owner. Nice to know you got good FE figures. Are you done with your free services? Whats the paid service on your car like?

So are you still in the basement or have you surfaced to the top of the world again?
Thanks Dippy! The 20k service will be a paid one, will update costs once done but I'm not expecting anything major other than engine oil & filter replacement. I believe the fuel filter replacement on this car is only at 40k (as against the Ikon which was 10k)....I'm at a loss how any fuel filter can survive that kind of mileage in our adulterated fuel scenario!

Back on the 1st floor again!
Old 25th January 2007, 13:14   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice clean update Suman. But, I was wondering you mentioned that you dont use 1.6 much but, the odomoter reading is like 21K in just one year

Thats a lot of driving for a petrol car !!!
Old 25th January 2007, 13:19   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nice clean update Suman. But, I was wondering you mentioned that you dont use 1.6 much but, the odomoter reading is like 21K in just one year

Thats a lot of driving for a petrol car !!!
Thanks buddy. Yup, I don't use it much now (did till October) but the car still travels a lot every day - to the kids school in the afternoon & my wife's office in the evening. We moved to Gurgaon last April & the above are both in Chanakyapuri.....so, approx 110 kms every day!
Old 25th January 2007, 13:22   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
CONTINUING GROUSE - Want to smoke a City ZX Vtec but STILL haven't found any takers Someday....somewhere I hope!
Failure is not crime but low aim is. Aim for something better, dude! Unless you are planning for a straight line drag.

OT: Sharing personal experience, maximum fun I have had, was smoking Elantra CRDi on 50 km stretch between Tuljapur-Solapur. I was rather disappointed later when I saw CRDi batch, thinking I smoked a diesel car with Petrol car. Nevertheless, it pumps in healthy 112 bhp.
Old 25th January 2007, 13:24   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy. Yup, I don't use it much now (did till October) but the car still travels a lot every day - to the kids school in the afternoon & my wife's office in the evening. We moved to Gurgaon last April & the above are both in Chanakyapuri.....so, approx 110 kms every day!
Wow, thats a lot of driving, probably a diesel car would have made more economy for you..or maybe you have really deep pockets to the tune of 84K in a year ( 21000/12= 1750*Rs.48= 84,000)

Most Viewed