Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2012, 20:24   #16
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat - Now at 30,000 kilometers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
July 2012, and the Odometer ticked past 30,000 kms.

The fuel price effect :

[/left]
Great report mi2n! Not sure how I missed it before. Good information regarding the services etc. Sad to hear about the initial bad experience with the a.s.s but then all is well that ends well.
Glad to hear your Beat is niggle free all the way.

Getting my Beat repaired also cost me 3k per panel but then this was done outside the Chevy dealer. The Chevy dealer had quoted 4k for each panel. Perhaps its got to do with which panel needs to be repaired.

Funny thing you said about the Fuel hike/FE/Driving style thing. I can completely agree with you about how drastically different the Beat feels once to start revving it up to 2.5k and above.

I am always in a dilemma whether to enjoy the petrolhead in me or save money The former always takes the better of me.

But so far, my regular revs up to 3k and 4k once in a while ensures I get 10-11kmpl in complete AC condition. (of course, the traffic I drive in is worse than a nightmare). If I drive more conservatively I get 11-12. Not too much of a difference as it is for u also. Getting 13kmpl is a dream for me though

Many more happy kms on your Beat. And how about some alloys? hehe

Last edited by superutp : 19th July 2012 at 20:29.
Old 6th September 2012, 12:43   #17
BHPian

Hi Mithun,

Fog lamps at Rs 700? thats a steal. The originals are priced at about 4K . I intend to add fog lamps to my Beatie too .

Over and above, a very well written report. Wish I can write one some day
Old 12th September 2012, 16:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahead View Post
Regarding Chevy service, my dad has a U-VA and he rates Dulichand guys quite high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petroheadd View Post
A well written review, how are the aftermarket fog lamps running on now. Can you please tell me where did you get them from. Also from where do you get your car serviced. Dulichand guys have messed up my last service but I am scared to try other places too.
Since last 3 years I'm servicing my U-VA from Dhulichand Motors & they helped me quite satisfactory. But once for my Cruze they were not able to supply the battery not even Longia Motors. I contacted GM Chennai through Longia Motors & arranged the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
July 2012, and the Odometer ticked past 30,000 kms.
Our chevy continues to be our trusted daily commute, now with a sense of reliability. It accompanies us through the light and dull moments and continuously manages to bring a smile to our face. It has been niggle free during this period and the regular upkeep hasn't burnt a hole in my pocket either. The build quality is a testimony to Chevy workmanship, not a single rattle yet, no sounds from the under-body parts, not squeaks from the suspension setup, no equipment malfunction. The battery is holding out fairly as well.
This chevy has been a faithful companion for the 30,000 kilometers, and hopefully it will remain good for many more.
Nicely quoted for a great car. You can find the cabin silence in all Chevy models like Speark, Beat, U-VA or even Diesel rocket Cruze with the same driving pleasure.

few quires,
1> how much the fog lamp cost you.
2> from where you painted the front bonnet.
Old 12th September 2012, 17:00   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Many more happy kms on your Beat. And how about some alloys? hehe
Thanks!
The stock rims look cool to me, will consider alloys while upgrading rubber. For now, the priority is better ICE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomshree View Post
few quires,
1> how much the fog lamp cost you.
2> from where you painted the front bonnet.
The fog lamps cost me INR 700 only and they are doing great (surprisingly) for almost two years. I do use them generously.

The bonnet is not painted. It's a vinyl job, done at Xtreme(Salt Lake).

On a lighter note, finally got the absurd TRD vinyl on the windshield removed. It now reads "Transformers"!

Last edited by mi2n : 12th September 2012 at 17:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks