Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2011, 11:51   #136
r2i

Re: The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last

Hi Dkaile,

I took delivery of my white Fortuner recently and I am prioritizing the accessories as well. Wanted to share and get thoughts of other owners as well.

I got the following from the dealer on delivery:-
1. Rear guard bar - basically out of the fear of being "touched" from behind. I was contemplating the front grill guard but felt that it hides the beauty of the front, specially the grill. May have to revisit
2. Car undercoating. I paid but how do I tell if its done ?
3. Luggage tray - I had couple of incidences of liquid spills in grocery bags so hope this will be helpful.
4. Transparent floor mats - Dealer was out of stock and I was able to find the same at 1/2 the price at my local accessories dealer.
5. Mirror cover with turn signal - My biggest bone with Fortuner. It should have been standard on a car this size and money. I initially rejected this when I first saw this - an shiny and empty plastic shell with few LEDs for a full 10,000 Rs ! Anyway after installation I'm happy and it definitely adds to the character of the vehicle.

Under consideration:-
1. Fender mirror. A high utility item but I have two concerns - first its installed way too on the side and appears to be a "sitting duck" ready to be hit and secondly usability at night time is questionable.
2. Side visor - Can someone highlight issues if any with visors in general.
3. Sun Film - I have an open parking space but worried about night time visibility, durability of the film etc. I have received a quote of 18K from V Cool dealer.
4. ICE - The sound quality of the system is surprisingly acceptable. Dealer quoted 45k for touch screen ICE and MMI has it for about the same. My local accessories guy suggested Montevo brand for 32k installed. Another ICE I considered online is Buy Toyota Fortuner DVD/GPS Touchscreen [SSAS-TOYOTA010] .
Almost all of them are Chinese made and not sure of the sound quality. At this point unless I see a review I'm unwilling to trade the current system.
5. Side cladding - Expensive but is side step not sufficient to prevent a door ding ?

So far I'm trying to stay away from any chrome but that muffler cutter does looks appetizing .

Cheers !
r2i is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 17:15   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi dkaile,
1. Phew ! That's a huge list of items to be fitted on ! Out of them - I think I would be the most interested in the gear lock and the wheel lock nuts ! Nothing else really. Let me know if you manage to lay your hands on them or are able to locate the same somewhere in India.

2. I would go and make a huge noise at the ASC and have them to fit it. Unless of course they throw up a lame excuse like "Abhi nayi gaadiyon mein nahin aati yeh clip...!". Which I doubt of course. I think this item would be a last mile add on which the dealer has to put in - which they may have forgotten...just check.
-The long list is just to stimulate the senses of all the TFort owners. Except perhaps a good ICE, most others are a slight overkill.
-I just talked to the Accessory fellow at Grand Toyota, and he assured me that he would arrange those clips for me for free (of course, I had to tempt him that I would be purchasing some sort of boot mat or tray for my falcon... lolz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Hi dkaile!
First things first - A very happy birthday to your son!
Hope he's got the liking and the passion for cars - just like his dad.

And thanks for sharing that extensive list of OE Accessories offered for the T-Forts sold in SA.
That was really mouthwatering!
Us poor Indians, we are so underprivilaged

I would definitely opt for the front parking sensors (specially useful for driving in and out of those tight parking spots and the narrow enter/exit lanes in a mall or a multiplex parking..whew) and the cruise control (specially useful for my highway cruises on Pune-Mumbai expressway and the likes)

I think I'll ask my friend who works in SA to check out the prices.
Thank you Monaro ji; Front parking sensors do look good even to me, because of the narrow lanes here in Meerut, I would be interested in it too. seeing the utility I got from the reverse ones. Cruise Control, I would beg to differ, and I feel would be quite useless accessory for Indian driving conditions, even on 6 lane highways, seeing the kind of traffic sense we have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
OT -

Happy birthday to your son. Thank god his favorite team is not Arsenal or his Bday would have been spoiled
Thank you. Though I did not understand the ABCD of what you just said, but I presume my son does. I have a football Achilles heal, you see...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
A little late - wishing your son a fabulous year ahead.

And yes Falcon too ! But do get Falcon's date of birth recorded properly - either by your understanding of the date or your son's...or else years later Falcon and you may face the same ignominy that Gen VK Singh is facing today regarding his DoB !!!
Thank you Herr' Generale'; Falcon's DOB is officially 10th August for me but was belatedly celebrated along with my son's coming to age party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2i View Post
Hi Dkaile,

I took delivery of my white Fortuner recently and I am prioritizing the accessories as well. Wanted to share and get thoughts of other owners as well.

I got the following from the dealer on delivery:-
1. Rear guard bar - basically out of the fear of being "touched" from behind. I was contemplating the front grill guard but felt that it hides the beauty of the front, specially the grill. May have to revisit
2. Car undercoating. I paid but how do I tell if its done ?
3. Luggage tray - I had couple of incidences of liquid spills in grocery bags so hope this will be helpful.
4. Transparent floor mats - Dealer was out of stock and I was able to find the same at 1/2 the price at my local accessories dealer.
5. Mirror cover with turn signal - My biggest bone with Fortuner. It should have been standard on a car this size and money. I initially rejected this when I first saw this - an shiny and empty plastic shell with few LEDs for a full 10,000 Rs ! Anyway after installation I'm happy and it definitely adds to the character of the vehicle.

1. Fender mirror. A high utility item but I have two concerns - first its installed way too on the side and appears to be a "sitting duck" ready to be hit and secondly usability at night time is questionable.
3. Sun Film - I have an open parking space but worried about night time visibility, durability of the film etc. I have received a quote of 18K from V Cool dealer.
4. ICE - The sound quality of the system is surprisingly acceptable. Dealer quoted 45k for touch screen ICE and MMI has it for about the same. My local accessories guy suggested Montevo brand for 32k installed. Another ICE I considered online is Buy Toyota Fortuner DVD/GPS Touchscreen [SSAS-TOYOTA010] .
Almost all of them are Chinese made and not sure of the sound quality. At this point unless I see a review I'm unwilling to trade the current system.
5. Side cladding - Expensive but is side step not sufficient to prevent a door ding ?

So far I'm trying to stay away from any chrome but that muffler cutter does looks appetizing .

Cheers !
Many Congratulation r2i;

As I said before I like to keep my vehicle as stock as possible except some bare essentials and small knick knacks here and there.
- Bull bars, I don't like at all; Nor am I bull kind of a person. These are personal choices depending upon your driving and traffic conditions.
- No undercoating for me. Don't they get washed off in the first proper pressure wash? Never had it done on my Qualis or my Corolla either, and they fared pretty well even 9 years down the line.
- Sun Film - a strict NO NO for me. NEVER installed any on any of my cars ever. Falcon's glasses, BTW, fare pretty well in the sun and I feel have a deeper tint than my Corolla's. Air conditioning works pretty well in today's sweltering and agonizing heat, then what are we talking about? On my next road trip to the Sahara, I think I will plan something...
- ICE - is something I might be interested in. Like you, I to find the stock HU's sound quality quite good. The one you are mentioning doesn't come with a sub woofer output. There are better systems available from MMI as I have posted here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ml#post2467456 and in its subsequent posts. We can continue our ICE discussions there.
- Side Cladding - I did not like either
- Chrome Cutter - my fantasy from my last birth... lolz (no bad ideas for the Generale' please). I like 'little' chrome in all the right places. One another interesting place I am thinking of is the 2 'non' chromed instrument panel rings. Will look cooler with 3 chrome rings, I think. I saw them on Manuuj's car and they are also available online on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...item27bbd9ef72

Enjoy a mighty fine vehicle, and start a ownership thread, where we might have a look at your brute...

-----------------------

Some more 'unconventional' 'chromy' ideas (all understated except perhaps the bonnet scoop/full hood...lolz)-

1. Introduce a back LED fog light instead of just the back round reflectors - I find them adding utility too - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...item4cf72754be
2. This one's for you Herr' Generale'... lolz - Chrome Bonnet Scoop - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...item3f091ad976
Full Chrome Hood Scoop - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...item2a072993ea
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...item4ced802438
3. Front Chrome Fog Light Surrounds - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-T...item27b75498a5

Last edited by dkaile : 30th August 2011 at 17:38.
Old 30th August 2011, 20:18   #138
Senior - BHPian

You might want to reconsider the sun film thing if you go for frequent long drives. I was getting fried during my weekend long drives, before I put Vkool. During the MP trip during peak summer, we didn't feel the heat at all.
Old 31st August 2011, 14:08   #139
BHPian

Hi dkaile,
Nice find with all those chrome accessories!
Please allow me to put things in a better perspective for our mate r2i.

Dear r2i,
Hearty congrats on the purchase of the Fortuner. Truly a brilliant choice!
And welcome to the club!
Regarding your dilemma over the accessories - I've tried to chip in a few points from my perspective. Hope it helps. Please see my replies in bold.

cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2i View Post

1. Fender mirror. A high utility item but I have two concerns - first its installed way too on the side and appears to be a "sitting duck" ready to be hit and secondly usability at night time is questionable. - Have had no issues with the fender mirror getting knocked over. It just sits right there and safe. IMO its a must have, specially useful for Parking (day or night times), if one doesn't have front parking sensors installed.
Didn't get this for my car. I drive with the Aircon on all the the time. Its useful during the rainy season, when you can lower the windows just a bit for some fresh air without letting the rain water ingress. Upto you to decide, its your call.
You can get this in the faint tint version. But a must have for Indian Conditions (quite sunny out there - 10 mnths a year), if you plan for long drives.
I totally agree. dkaile's already mentioned a few things about certain upgrades. But if you are looking for a decent music system, you can check out the link on Manuuj's thread -> here
Dont look at the side cladding as door protectors my man! If you do, then you have a very expensive set of door protectors
The side cladding, front grill guard, muffler cutter, chrome wraps, steel grips for the door handle, etc. are more about
customizing your car - looks, feel, personality!
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 20:35   #140
Senior - BHPian

1st FREE Service Report [927 km; Date: 01st September 2011]

So, 927KM on the Odo. Time for 1st Service.

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-1st-service-odo-915km.jpg

Works Carried Out -
1. Air Filter Cleaned
2. A/C Filter (behind the glove box) Cleaned
3. All Fluids, Battery Water Checked
4. All lights checked
5. Battery Terminals Greased
6. All Doors, Bonnet latches greased
7. Under body inspected - I showed them the 6 greasing sockets to grease the propeller shaft. As expected, they were NOT aware. Teachings into its advantages and requirements continued.
8. All bolts checked. None found loose.
9. Pressure Washed including underbody. All cosmetics applied including tyre wall maker, Interior polish spray, Engine Body Spray (unique), Glass Cleaner.
10. Minor scratches put on by my Lab with his enthusiastic jumpings, removed by special polish. One Spot right on the forehead from delivery time touched up with original silver paint.

Total Cost - Zilch

Accessories Added -

1. Boot Mat (Black Rubber) - Rs. 352; I was shown the TFort Boot Tray also (cost approx Rs. 1500/-). Somehow I felt it curved at the edges and would hamper my flat loading bay area. So chose the rubber one which matched my floor mats too.

2. Driver Side Floor Mats Hooks - Cost - Complimentary. Now my driver side mat is properly secured with no chance of it sliding below the brakes etc.

Some Photos -

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-1st-service-wash.jpg
Hanging in mid air!! Jadooo!

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-1st-service-wash-1.jpg
Proper Underbody Pressure wash

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-1st-service-wash-2.jpg

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-seat-mat-hooks.jpg
Voila - Driver Side Floor Mat Hooks attached

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-seat-mat-hooks-attached.jpg
Now the mat is properly secured!

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-boot-mat.jpg
Black Boot Mat also procured @Rs. 352/=; Practical and economical as with most Toyota accessories.

Saw a brand New INNOVA CRYSTA ready for delivery. You take a look -
The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-innova-crysta.jpg
Its 15L on-road Meerut!! I think paying 6.5L extra for Fortuner was worth it.

Finally ended the experience with a nice post Id Lunch (Vegetarians please close your eyes...lolz)

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-id-lunch.jpg
Rarra Meat and Tandoori Chicken at The Empress Court, Meerut!

Aloha...

Last edited by dkaile : 1st September 2011 at 20:43.
dkaile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:43   #141
Senior - BHPian

So another contraption reached me today morning by courier. Thank you @Guderian and @amit ji for their recommendation for the

LIMI Digital Tyre Inflator

The quality seems quite good at first glance, much better than the chinese counterparts I have seen. It costed me Rs. 2450/- as I had previously mentioned, reaching at my residence without any headaches. It has 1 year warranty. It is supposed to inflate the tyre of the Falcon from 0 to 30psi within 3 minutes (yet to be confirmed). Also can be used to inflate my son's footballs, his bicycle tyres and my bike tyres. Can supposedly also inflate any air beds etc. Details here - Link Image Makers (India) Pvt. Ltd.

Some photos of the same are attached-

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-limi-box.jpg
Neatly packed inside a cardboard box. Little crumpled on the edges by the courier.

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-limi-case.jpg
a High quality case with carry handle

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-limi-unboxed.jpg
Everything unboxed

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-limi-cables.jpg
The main unit (weighs about 1.1 kg) with the DC Lighter cable and the pressure hose

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-limi-adaptors.jpg
The additional Adaptors given - 1. Steel one for Footballs etc. 2. Brass One for cycle tyres & 3. The plastic one for Inflatable sofas/pools etc. The Steel and Plastic one attach into each other and fit neatly into a custom made slot behind the main unit for storage. The brass one needs to be stored along with the DC cable.

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-limi-adaptor-attached.jpg
The adaptors screw on to the main pressure hose

Thanks for looking...

Last edited by dkaile : 2nd September 2011 at 12:45.
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 19:29   #142
BHPian

Wow! that does look like a really cool addition...very useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
It is supposed to inflate the tyre of the Falcon from 0 to 30psi within 3 minutes (yet to be confirmed).
I am very much interested in buying this could you confirm the above facts at the earliest? Will look forward to getting that update.

Thanks in advance.

Your friend,

Furebo

Last edited by Furebo : 2nd September 2011 at 19:30.
Old 2nd September 2011, 21:15   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
I am very much interested in buying this could you confirm the above facts at the earliest? Will look forward to getting that update.
Thank you Furebo. I have today evening used this contraption and can confirm that it indeed looks like a very useful (even lifesaver) device to me. I inflated all 5 wheels of my Falcon. The cold pressure found was 29.5 psi in all the 4 wheels, whereas it was topped to 33 psi at the 1st service yesterday. Must be an error at the service station machine or it may be that the tyres were not totally cold then. It took hardly few seconds to inflate each wheel to my requirement of 33 psi per wheel. The stepney was at 47 psi. Kindly note that there is no way in this device to reduce pressure (as in the automatic pumps at the fuel stations) and that has to be done manually and then finally topped with this contraption to the required 33 psi for the stepney too. In the process the stepney also got a much needed wash (which was skipped at the 1st service, BAD of them) and the spare wheel up/down contraption was also tested, which is a bit of a hassle (aka the Qualis) in the Falcon.

Here is the LIMI in action -

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-limi-action-2.jpg

Disclaimer : This is not an advertisement of any product, but an actual user experience being narrated.

I was initially sceptical of such type of products and hence never bought them in the past. But after the experiences of @Herr' Guderian and @amit ji, I ventured into this and I must say I am more than pleased. This type of product can indeed turn out to be a lifesaver specifically in tubeless tyres in remote locations, where it can give you those extra few miles.

I inflated the tyres of 2 bikes and 1 cars besides the Falcon and was quite pleased with the results. The error is about a psi in these tests which is more than acceptable. It did start getting hot at the 10th tyre (lolz) which was more than expected. As per life expectancy of this item, I believe Herr' Generale' has been using it for some years now.

Overall a 2 thumbs up to this tyre inflator from me.

-------------------

Some more photos continuing the 1st service experience -

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-falcon-rear-after-1st-service.jpg
The Falcon's Rear looking quite spic and span after its 1st Service

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-falcon-buzo.jpg
Now the Millennium Falcon had Chewbaca as first mate and meet My First Mate - BUZO, my over enthusiastic lab, keenly admiring the Falcon. Even my Karizma is looking at it sceptically as to the new contender of all my affection...

Now I am attaching a few photos of the engine bay after the 3M treatment of engine components. This seems to work wonders on the finish of the components and does 'supposedly' also increase their life.

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-engine-after-3m-treatment-1.jpg

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-battery-after-3m-treatment.jpg
The 'Exide' never looked this good even when new.

Name:  Engine after 3M treatment 2.JPG
Views: 6444
Size:  228.8 KB
Notice the shining Diesel Particulate Filter and the fuse box

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-engine-after-3m-treatment-3.jpg
The Air Filter is shining

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-engine-after-3m-treatment-4.jpg
So are the brake components

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-limi-action-1.jpg
There was a separate 3M finisher for the tyres. Notice the high gloss and perfect finish on the tyres after the 3M application. As I said before, never looked this good even on the showroom condition car. Also LIMI in action.

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-spot-touched-1.jpg
This fine spot below the front T logo was spot touched.

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-spot-touched-2.jpg
A closer view of the chipped paint which was touched. I received the car with this spot and though made a hue and cry at that time, consoled myself that it was a 'kala til' on a new vehicle. Now 'kala' no more!

Finally a new addition arrived. Supposedly imported from in Hong Kong. costed me Rs. 199/- and I liked it's solid metal feel. Bought it from here - Premium Imported Metal key chain for Toyota Fortuner | eBay

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-toyota-keychain.jpg
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 08:24   #144
Senior - BHPian

@dkaile - So how was your experience of putting back the input wire of the inflator back in its place in the unit?

I must say General has competition now in the best looking Engine Bay contest.
Old 3rd September 2011, 09:33   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
@dkaile - So how was your experience of putting back the input wire of the inflator back in its place in the unit?

I must say General has competition now in the best looking Engine Bay contest.
Amit ji, surprisingly not so much of a hassle. I just easily fold it with my 4 index finger's width and place it back in. It does vibrate a bit and needs to be properly secured while it's filling air otherwise it dances all over the floor.

And no competition with Herr' Generale'. Mine is relatively new (less than 1K kms) while the the General has sailed his ship for more than 15K kms. It would be a task to maintain it in spic span condition after those kind of mileages. Though with my past experience with Toyota's they age and wither pretty well. Can't say the same thing for my Hyundai's though.
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:08   #146
BHPian

Hi dkaile,
Nice work with the new LIMI!

I was wondering why would you keep the Falcon's Tyre pressure to 33 psi?

33 psi to me is still a bumpy ride (for upto 2 to 3 passengers).

I would stick to the company recommended 30 psi. The optimum tyre pressure is mentioned on the driver's side door frame.

cheers.
Old 3rd September 2011, 17:23   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Nice work with the new LIMI!

I was wondering why would you keep the Falcon's Tyre pressure to 33 psi?
Thank you Monaro ji. I am right now in experimental stage. I had kept it at 30 psi for the first 15 days and now shifted to 10% extra. I don't see any remarkable bumpiness and want to get a tad more mileage. If that doesn't appeal to me, I will shift back to 30psi. And Sir, awaiting your OT so that we can have admire your beast too.

-----------------

Today - My old driver/assistant/man-friday was back after a long time (though he's not sitting on the driver's seat of the Falcon anytime soon... lolz). He gave the Falcon the first treatment of the Formula 1 Carnauba Wax Polish. Now it's ready to face the world till 5K kms. I have schedule Carnauba Wax treatment for my Falcon at every 5K period right after the Scheduled Service is done.

Some shots after Waxing and of the Interior 3M treatment effect done on 1st service -

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-falcon-1st-waxing.jpg
Falcon's wings shining after it's 1st Carnauba Wax Treatment

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-steering-after-treatment.jpg
The Steering looking enriched after the 3M treatment

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-gears-after-treatment.jpg
So are the Gear Levers and the its leather covering

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-ambipur-after-treatment.jpg
The dash and the vents soaking

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-thank-you.jpg
Thank you for looking...

Last edited by dkaile : 3rd September 2011 at 17:46.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 11:21   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Monaro ji. I am right now in experimental stage. I had kept it at 30 psi for the first 15 days and now shifted to 10% extra. I don't see any remarkable bumpiness and want to get a tad more mileage. If that doesn't appeal to me, I will shift back to 30psi. And Sir, awaiting your OT so that we can have admire your beast too.

-----------------

Today - My old driver/assistant/man-friday was back after a long time (though he's not sitting on the driver's seat of the Falcon anytime soon... lolz). He gave the Falcon the first treatment of the Formula 1 Carnauba Wax Polish. Now it's ready to face the world till 5K kms. I have schedule Carnauba Wax treatment for my Falcon at every 5K period right after the Scheduled Service is done.

Some shots after Waxing and of the Interior 3M treatment effect done on 1st service -

Attachment 603832
Falcon's wings shining after it's 1st Carnauba Wax Treatment

Attachment 603833
The Steering looking enriched after the 3M treatment

Attachment 603834
So are the Gear Levers and the its leather covering

Attachment 603835
The dash and the vents soaking

Attachment 603836
Thank you for looking...
congratulations on your tfort ji.
looking forward for more pictures of your vehicle in various "avatars"
cheers
Wild Child
Old 7th September 2011, 13:55   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amit ji, surprisingly not so much of a hassle. I just easily fold it with my 4 index finger's width and place it back in. It does vibrate a bit and needs to be properly secured while it's filling air otherwise it dances all over the floor.
@dkaile - Had to use the inflator this weekend and tried the 4 index finger method that you suggested and sure it was not a hassle. How stupid of me to try and put the wire back by forcing it in. Thanks.
Old 9th September 2011, 20:18   #150
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the late replies mates. Was away on work for a few days. Though I was keeping track of the forum, didn't have time to post replies.

Well, the SAD news is that my Falcon has been STOLEN....

By my Brother i.e. . He just couldn't keep his hands off it and has brisked it away one fine morning to Delhi. Will be back with me in a few days.

Well the deal for my Corolla has been done and advance has been received. I kick myself everytime I look at it for having sold it so cheap. Such a beautiful beautiful car and impeccable even 7 years down the line. Maybe I should start a long term ownership thread for the Corolla before it is gone for posterity! When I hear of brand new Superb's having transmission failures at just 25K, I marvel at the no nonsense build quality of the Toyota's. They may not have their equipment levels, but they will drive and drive and drive. And that's what a car is primarily meant to do, isn't it? BTW Superb was (and maybe still is) a strong contender for my Sedan upgrade. Or will I once again shift from these Skoda's and the Beemer's to the new no nonsense Camry?

And I was just watching BBC entertainment the other day and was mighty pleased to note that our Toyota Fortuner (in it's HiLux avatar from which it is derived) became the first car to reach the North Pole!

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-100117001.4.jpg

Toyota Hilux first car to be driven to the Magnetic North Pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
congratulations on your tfort ji.
looking forward for more pictures of your vehicle in various "avatars"
cheers
Wild Child
Thanks Wild Child. Will do...
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
@dkaile - Had to use the inflator this weekend and tried the 4 index finger method that you suggested and sure it was not a hassle. How stupid of me to try and put the wire back by forcing it in. Thanks.
Good on you Amit ji; It's pretty simple trick at that.

Last edited by dkaile : 9th September 2011 at 20:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks