Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2011, 17:44   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile
Thank you prabhuferrari for your inputs. We are indeed referring to the tyre inflator that you are using. However, I am a little suspect of Chinese made/branded products in this case. Though they are cheaper initially (500~1500 range), I preferred the LIMI one, Made in India product, owned and extensively tested by the General and Amit ji, which has lasted them more than 2-3 years and still going strong. My LIMI Tyre Inflator was dispatched today from Pune and costed me a total of Rs. 2.4K all inclusive reaching Meerut. Details to follow after receipt.
Thanks. I was about to do the same today. Better sense prevailed and I decided to check in team bhp before buying it. Let me check if LIMI is available in Bangalore. Thank you once again.
Old 29th August 2011, 10:45   #122
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last

Some accessories ideas that I'm getting from the Fortuner South Africa Accessories brochure. Don't know why this entire gamut is not being offered by their dealers in India. Some of which would have been quite useful. Some which I found interesting were -

1. Bluetooth Parrot Universal - This is a wired system which connects by OE fitment into the speaker system of the car for crystal clear sound output. Mic comes OE fitted near the top of the sun visor.
2. Headrest mounted DVD player (2 headrests with IR remote and 2 headphones) - Built in DVD player with FM modulator
3. Load area mat (rubber) Perfumed non-slip tailored rubber mat Protects the original carpets and is easy to clean
4. Wheel lock nuts - alloy wheels Set of four wheel nuts with a unique coded key Provides extra security for your wheels and tyres
5. Battery lock Developed for added security Provides extra security for removable items
6. Toyota Care Microdot System Theft deterrent service through unique identification technologies Protect your valuable assets
7. Alloy pedal set Race inspired aluminum alloy pedal set (manual models only) Creates a sporty feel for the interior
8. Wood grain gear knob - Gear knobs in a luxury wood grain finish Adds that extra detail for personalised sophistication
9. Wood grain gear knob (4x4 shift)
10. Front park sensors - Ultrasonic parking sensors supplied with in cabin alarm override switch Alarm alerts you to avoid bumps and scrapes in tight spaces
11. Gear lock Specially developed for the Fortuner models Provides extra protection against theft
12. Fixed towbar Fixed mild steel towbar Enables hassle-free towing or fitment of a bicycle carrier
13. Recovery Kinetic strap (5 ton) 5 ton capacity kinetic strap
To assist off-road enthusiasts in sticky situations
14. Recovery kit 4X4 Compact carry bag with tools to recover your vehicle in sticky situations
15. Cruise control (not shown) Easy to operate speed control system User-friendly reliable speed control for piece of mind travelling
16. Car care kit Vehicle cleaning kit with high quality products Keep your vehicle looking good at all times

Please note that all these are OE accessories by Toyota which can be OE fitted to your Fortuner for a perfect fit.

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-fortuner-sa-accessories-exterior.jpg

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-fortuner-sa-accessories-functional.jpg

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-fortuner-sa-accessories-protection.jpg

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-fortuner-sa-accessories-styling.jpg

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-fortuner-sa-accessories-safety.jpg

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-fortuner-sa-accessories-covers.jpg

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-fortuner-sa-accessories-av.jpg

If someone has some contact details of some Local/South African Toyota dealer from whom these can be sourced?

Last edited by dkaile : 29th August 2011 at 10:54.
Old 29th August 2011, 11:02   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
4. Wheel lock nuts - alloy wheels Set of four wheel nuts with a unique coded key Provides extra security for your wheels and tyres
5. Battery lock Developed for added security Provides extra security for removable items
@dkaile - That sure is a long list that you have found out. The above 2 look like an overkill. Especially No.4. I did not quite get the use of it? Extra security for your wheels???
Old 29th August 2011, 11:05   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I did not quite get the use of it? Extra security for your wheels???
I presume this is special to South Africa where your wheels and batteries are easily stolen, and your car is left standing on some bricks... lolz. Saw that is some movie. Maybe necessary even in India if your cars remain parked in an unsafe area, like e.g. Manuuj's both side mirrors were whacked. Definitely an overkill for me as I park in a secured area. Still, it is nice to see a comprehensive list of accessories being offered to Toyota's SA customers. Don't know why we are always left feeling short changed!

Last edited by dkaile : 29th August 2011 at 11:09.
Old 29th August 2011, 12:46   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I presume this is special to South Africa where your wheels and batteries are easily stolen, and your car is left standing on some bricks... lolz. Saw that is some movie. Maybe necessary even in India if your cars remain parked in an unsafe area, like e.g. Manuuj's both side mirrors were whacked. Definitely an overkill for me as I park in a secured area. Still, it is nice to see a comprehensive list of accessories being offered to Toyota's SA customers. Don't know why we are always left feeling short changed!
btw, which ones among them are you planning to add to your falcon? Anything useful/technical? Do they mention anywhere what the 4x4 kit contains? Ropes/recovery equipments, showels? The box that is mounted on top, I have seen them here in Germany, and the people here carry small boats(enough for a couple).
Sir, can you find out from the Dealer, if he has this 5 ton kinetic strap. I am very much interested to know what it is. (googling gives varying and funny results)
Cruise control is offered as a functional accessory! They should rather make it a standard accessory for a 30L car.

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 29th August 2011 at 12:49.
Old 29th August 2011, 12:51   #126
Senior - BHPian

Let me know how things work out - I plan to buy some stuff (in a few months time).

The VSC and rear diff locks kits - they would have been great to have.
Old 29th August 2011, 12:57   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
btw, which ones among them are you planning to add to your falcon? Anything useful/technical? Do they mention anywhere what the 4x4 kit contains? Ropes/recovery equipments, showels? The box that is mounted on top, I have seen them here in Germany, and the people here carry small boats(enough for a couple). I guess that serves the same purpose in TFort too.
Well AlphaKilo, I was just musing on these accessories after seeing them offered as an option in SA. They should have been offered in India too as our lifestyle is also changing. Maybe our market is different. Out of all these, the only thing I really want to upgrade is maybe the ICE with BT/DVD/GPS integrated. However I did like those alloy pedals. I need to add the Luggage tray or a rubber mat also, as right now it's just the carpet in the boot and it may get soiled.

Rest I would like to keep the vehicle as stock as possible.

@Guderian - Somehow Sir, I was not given those 2 black clips to fasten the driver side rubber mat to the floor, when I took delivery from Haldwani, so that it does not slip and inadvertently gets stuck with the pedals. I saw you had secured yours with those. Any idea how those can be procured?

Last edited by dkaile : 29th August 2011 at 13:01.
Old 29th August 2011, 13:51   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Guderian - Somehow Sir, I was not given those 2 black clips to fasten the driver side rubber mat to the floor, when I took delivery from Haldwani, so that it does not slip and inadvertently gets stuck with the pedals. I saw you had secured yours with those. Any idea how those can be procured?
Hi dkaile,
1. Phew ! That's a huge list of items to be fitted on ! Out of them - I think I would be the most interested in the gear lock and the wheel lock nuts ! Nothing else really. Let me know if you manage to lay your hands on them or are able to locate the same somewhere in India.

2. I am surprised that you haven't got the footmat restrainer. That I thought was a standard on all Toyota vehicles - saw it in the Corolla at least...
I would go and make a huge noise at the ASC and have them to fit it. Unless of course they throw up a lame excuse like "Abhi nayi gaadiyon mein nahin aati yeh clip...!". Which I doubt of course. I think this item would be a last mile add on which the dealer has to put in - which they may have forgotten...just check.

Last edited by Guderian : 29th August 2011 at 13:53.
Old 29th August 2011, 14:30   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
I think I would be the most interested in the gear lock and the wheel lock nuts !
General - Just curious to know what would be the utility of the wheel lock nuts. Do you think it is a possibility that someone would come and remove all the wheels and runaway?? I find that amusing.

I thought that is an unnecessary thing and now you mention that you would be interested in it. Is there some other utility that you are thinking about for those nuts?
Old 29th August 2011, 18:26   #130
Senior - BHPian

So my little kiddo's turned a teenager today

Here he is with my favorite bird

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-nikhil-falcon-13th-bday.jpg

and 'His' favorite team was supposed to celebrate both his and the Falcon's B'day, according to him...

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-nikhil-chelsea-birthday-cake.jpg
Old 29th August 2011, 18:49   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
General - Just curious to know what would be the utility of the wheel lock nuts. Do you think it is a possibility that someone would come and remove all the wheels and runaway?? I find that amusing.

I thought that is an unnecessary thing and now you mention that you would be interested in it. Is there some other utility that you are thinking about for those nuts?
There have been quite a few cases in Delhi, where the thieves left the car on four brick piles! The Battery, Starter and Alternator are the next favourite.

So these are valid anti theft accessories, even in India.

Just recollect that this happened to my Father-in-Law's Ambassador way back in eighties.

Last edited by Aroy : 29th August 2011 at 18:58. Reason: Just reccolect
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 01:09   #132
BHPian

Hi dkaile!
First things first - A very happy birthday to your son!
Hope he's got the liking and the passion for cars - just like his dad.

And thanks for sharing that extensive list of OE Accessories offered for the T-Forts sold in SA.
That was really mouthwatering!
Us poor Indians, we are so underprivilaged

I would definitely opt for the front parking sensors (specially useful for driving in and out of those tight parking spots and the narrow enter/exit lanes in a mall or a multiplex parking..whew) and the cruise control (specially useful for my highway cruises on Pune-Mumbai expressway and the likes)

I think I'll ask my friend who works in SA to check out the prices.

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 30th August 2011 at 01:10.
Old 30th August 2011, 01:14   #133
Team-BHP Support

OT -

Happy birthday to your son. Thank god his favorite team is not Arsenal or his Bday would have been spoiled
Old 30th August 2011, 07:43   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
There have been quite a few cases in Delhi, where the thieves left the car on four brick piles! The Battery, Starter and Alternator are the next favourite.

So these are valid anti theft accessories, even in India.

Just recollect that this happened to my Father-in-Law's Ambassador way back in eighties.
I still find it unbelievable. But when you say that your FIL had the experience i rest my case. This is taking stealing to a entirely new level.
Old 30th August 2011, 09:40   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hi Amit,
Since I drive around to all kinds of vague places - with little or no security around - I thought it best to have the gear lock (a great device as per me and very undersrated security device - had it on my Scorp) and lock nuts on the wheel. There are instances of wheels being knocked off in lonely places with the vehicles being left on brick blocks/ or leaning over one side !

Quote:
So my little kiddo's turned a teenager today
OT:
Hi dkaile,
A little late - wishing your son a fabulous year ahead.

And yes Falcon too ! But do get Falcon's date of birth recorded properly - either by your understanding of the date or your son's...or else years later Falcon and you may face the same ignominy that Gen VK Singh is facing today regarding his DoB !!!
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks