Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2007, 14:07   #76
BHPian

Good update lamborghini!! keep them coming
Old 23rd September 2007, 00:03   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

@v1kram - Thanks!

@mods - Can you please update the title of this thread to 25000km. Thanks!
Old 12th October 2007, 03:34   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Update:
Just got news that our car has been hit.
Don't know how bad the damage is but have heard it is quite bad.
Trying to see if I can get the pics in anyway to see how bad the damage is.
Old 12th October 2007, 10:05   #79
Senior - BHPian

Uh-oh Lambo, sorry to hear that! Do let us know when you find out what happened.....it hurts to hear!
Old 12th October 2007, 12:04   #80
pankaj_aheer

very sad news. hope that every one inside the car is safe.

Old 12th October 2007, 20:59   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally got an email from my dad.
Car was being driven by our driver (no he is not rash, he drives safe. Has been working with us for over 20years) and someone came in front and i am guessing he tried to avoid it but ended up grazing one of the sides.
This is what my dad said -
Quote:
Fiesta is just scratched from the left side with the door knob handle and mirror going away. Its not a hit from front or anything. Will still ask them to check the suspensions etc etc as suggested by you. There were no other scratches in the car as i had got them touched up just two days ago :(
I think i missed a few heartbeats when i heard about the accident but since it is not that major as i thought it was, i am quite relieved and quite happy to know that the small scratches and dents as mentioned on this thread were repaired as well. So thats the third minor accident the car has had, the first being the bumper being hit, second the 3 wheeler scraping the left side just a little bit and this the third.
Hopefully there will be no major accidents.
I also got some better news from home. Our New Skoda Octavia Combi LnK has finally arrived.
Just waiting to go home now!
Old 13th October 2007, 11:31   #82
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear the Fiests has not suffered any major Damage !!

Lambo - Congrats on the Lnk !!

I assume you have moved to US ( seeing yr location ) and want to get back to Mumbai to floor the Lnk !!

Whats yr ride in the US ? Or you yet to get one ? Cheers !!!!!!
Old 14th October 2007, 02:52   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

@vkochar - still to get one. Mostly next year once i get a local license.
Looking at a Civic SI coupe or a Lancer EVO.
Let's see what eventually happens.
Waiting to come back to mumbai an get a learners before doing anything.
Old 28th December 2007, 13:24   #84
BHPian

Even - i am a proud owner of Ford Fiest 1.4 TDCi and it has completed around 21.5k KM's. The car is 1 year 3 months old.

I am getting around 14 KMPL in Bangalore city with A/C on most of the time which i believe is pretty decent. In highways, i normally get 19~20 KMPL. Usually, i drive at an average speed of 90~100 KMPL.

So far, no issues with the car. Only problem with the car is its Ground Clearance :( - Now, got adjusted to it.
Old 22nd January 2008, 23:06   #85

guys any idea what price discount applies for 2007 stock fiesta TDCi?
The dealer says there are 2007 stock available with some discount, how much discount can I bargain for this?
Old 5th February 2008, 00:38   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

@attakasa - look for a discount of around 50K + minimun for a TDCi variant.
Old 5th February 2008, 00:49   #87
Senior - BHPian

lambo
Glad to hear that there isn't any major damage to the car.

Congrats for the new car.
Old 5th February 2008, 00:59   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

30,000 km review

30,000 km/2 year Update

I am finally 18! When i came back to Mumbai in Dec, I got my learner's license and was allowed to drive. In the 1 month that I was there, I must've driven the Fiesta for a good 2000km.

Here's the 30,000km review, with a driving impression finally!

As mentioned before, the car was involved in a small accident in around Oct/Nov 2007 and when the car was getting repaired, dad got all the small scrapes repainted as well and when I came back, the car was waiting at home for me, looking all new and shiny.

First the driving impression:
The minute I got my license on the 25th, I sat in the fiesta, for the first time in a long time. The feeling was amazing! Visibility was beautiful and there was loads of space (atleast in comparison to the Skoda). I am 6'1" and I didn't feel the need to push the seat fully behind at all unlike in other cars.
I started her up and since it was a cold morning, I could make out the diesel noise (the noise however, has increased though it is still quieter than the brand new Skoda and IMO the merc as well). After a while, the car reached it's optimum temperature and was pretty quiet and no vibrations could be felt, which is very good.
In the city, the car is amazing! the visibility is amazing, the car is perfectly weighted - not too light but not too heavy either) and the engine has minimal turbo lag. However, at 7am on Marine Drive, one can feel the limitations of the engine. The 4.5K redline can be reached pretty shortly and the car feels a tad underpowered.
However, the handling is amazing, with the car feeling stable at all times. Infact, there have been times when my dad has actually told me to drive faster because he felt we were going to slow. The car corners really well and the steering feel is simply amazing! There was times when I had to brake a bit hard at speeds of 40-50 and the car seemed pretty surefooted unlike some of the scarier times that I have mentioned before. I am still looking at upgrading the tyres when I come back though.

However, there are some niggling problems with the car.
Firstly, the squeaking noise is still there. In fact, it seems to have gotten louder.
Secondly, the CD player is still acting up and skipping songs and getting stuck in the middle. I was looking at upgrading the deck but I will have to wait till I come back again in July.
Also, the car has been belching out black smoke under hard acceleration from 1st. Would using regular diesel instead of the Permium diesel help?

Apart from these problems, the car has been behaving impeccably. The A.C. is pretty chilly, the interiors have held up and still look and feel nice, the car looks pretty good and the suspension is still nice and firm. and now that I can drive, I just love this car even more!

In these 2 years, the car has held up pretty well and feels as good as new. Even in the face of intense competitors like the Verna D and Magnum, I would still recommend this car to anyone looking for a good diesel sedan. Especially those who are new to driving or are buying their first bigg car!

Last edited by lamborghini : 5th February 2008 at 01:02.
Old 5th February 2008, 01:04   #89
Team-BHP Support

Cool report. One question: Since you own both Ford and Skoda, how do you compare their A.S.S. ? Both of them are notorious for their expensive service schedules and spare prices. Which amongst them id better ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Also, the car has been belching out black smoke under hard acceleration from 1st. Would using regular diesel instead of the Permium diesel help?
Most dieselheads recommend normal fuel for the modern day diesels. I use IOC regular in my swift and there is no smoking unless I really really floor her.
Old 5th February 2008, 05:17   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

@Eddy - I really can't comment as I havent been in town when the Skoda was first serviced.
Mods - Could you please edit the title. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks