Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2014, 10:18   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations!

You can go free from HASS and the service costs. If you can get parts over the counter (Mobis or since such thing) then buy it and get it done at an FNG and save some money.

BUT are you happy or Sad?

Anurag.
Thanks Anurag. I'm happy for the reasons you have stated and also need not worry about the warranty is some modification is being carried out in the electrical department. Some of the parts like delicate AC vent adjusters were replaced under warranty until now. Henceforth I have pay huge bills for such purposes. Hence feeling little sad too.
Old 1st April 2014, 21:43   #167
BANNED

Hi , is it possible to make the ovrm to fold when the car is locked? I was reading the new Honda city review and GTO says the it can be done at dealer level for city.
Then why not in i20..? Has anyone tried it ?
Old 1st April 2014, 21:58   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi , is it possible to make the ovrm to fold when the car is locked? I was reading the new Honda city review and GTO says the it can be done at dealer level for city.
I doubt if any dealer will be willing to do it. I remember reading long back that someone had got the auto roll up of windows on locking feature at Hyundai dealer for a charge. So why don't try asking your dealer regarding this?

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 1st April 2014 at 22:00.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 05:14   #169
BHPian

the auto fold mirrors is called a mirror relay and costs 1500 at the hyundai ASS. But make sure to get your car keys out first else you will lock them inside once you lock the car from the driver side door and close it and the mirrors will start rolling up.

Regarding automatic folding of orvm, that requires a motor to be present inside the mirror assy and will require whole part change so not feasible or easily done.
Old 3rd April 2014, 06:12   #170
BANNED

Quote:
A costly option but if possible and if you can put the moolah buy the current i20 mirrors which have in-built motor and a relay with needed wiring to do to auto-folding.

This option is going to set you back by a lot.

Anurag.
Old 3rd April 2014, 12:51   #171
BHPian

AFAIK, all i20s manufactured after 2010 have the inbuilt motor and relay. My 2011 i20 has it. The only problem is that we need to press a switch in order to close/open it automatically.

I think what joshguy is referring is his mirrors need to close automatically if the ignition is off and vice-versa without the need to press this switch. This is available in the Grand i10 and newer vernas(owners please confirm). I think it may be a job of adding a code to the ECU just like auto locking after 40kmph. Never heard of anyone trying it though.
Old 5th April 2014, 14:46   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_jeenu View Post
the auto fold mirrors is called a mirror relay and costs 1500 at the hyundai ASS. But make sure to get your car keys out first else you will lock them inside once you lock the car from the driver side door and close it and the mirrors will start rolling up.

Regarding automatic folding of orvm, that requires a motor to be present inside the mirror assy and will require whole part change so not feasible or easily done.
Are you sure that there is an accessory to roll up the windows and close the mirrors when the car is locked?
Old 5th April 2014, 21:28   #173
BANNED

Hi all,does i20 music system have pause option for cd and USB ?
Old 5th April 2014, 21:34   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,does i20 music system have pause option for cd and USB ?
There is no separate pause option. When you want to pause, just power off the system. When you again power it ON, the track resumes from the position you paused.
Old 5th April 2014, 22:43   #175
Senior - BHPian

I observed last night that the throw of the light was very low. I stopped behind a well polished car at a signal and observed in the reflection that the right side fog lamp was not glowing. I thought the bulb had conked off. Entered a deserted stretch after sometime and noticed that even the left side throw was dim. Got down and saw that both the fogs were not working. Since both the bulbs were not working, I assumed that the bulbs are fine but something was wrong with the wiring.

Took the car to Konark, Koramangala this morning. It was found out that the relay used in the wiring had a problem. They replaced it and the fog lamps are working perfectly now .

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 5th April 2014 at 22:46.
Old 23rd April 2014, 21:12   #176
BANNED

i20 sportz remote

Hi Any idea how much would the replacement flip key remote would cost?

I got a duplicate from ebay but i am not too happy
Old 23rd April 2014, 21:51   #177
Senior - BHPian

Re: i20 sportz remote

Quote:
Hi Any idea how much would the replacement flip key remote would cost?

I got a duplicate from ebay but i am not too happy
Hyundai has fixed some insane price for the flip key. If I'm not wrong, it costs upward of 6K (or 9K?). Not worth IMO. Why aren't you happy with the key from ebay?
Old 23rd April 2014, 21:56   #178
BANNED

Re: i20 sportz remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Hyundai has fixed some insane price for the flip key. If I'm not wrong, it costs upward of 6K (or 9K?). Not worth IMO. Why aren't you happy with the key from ebay?
The ebay key or myflipkey is exact replica but the problem is that the electronic board is not fitting inside correctly so every time i fix it and trun the ignition it remote opens up. i am thinking of sending it by courier to the guy from whom i purchased to fix it properly.

I am little scared to put a glue on it as it is electronics and any thing can go wrong in a wrong move
Old 2nd May 2014, 22:30   #179
BANNED

Ok here I am with another query

Do any of you have come across a problem with diesel pump? I felt that the throttle response was not great in my i20,and feel that it could be due to diesel pump. Because I have come across this when I owned a indica 7years back.

Last week I had to climb a steep incline from a basement of a hotel and the car literally was not responding to throttle at all.ther was a clear difference when compare to swift D

Please suggest
Old 2nd May 2014, 22:40   #180
BANNED

Quote:
Do any of you have come across a problem with diesel pump? I felt that the throttle response was not great in my i20,and feel that it could be due to diesel pump.
Hook up the diagnostic scan tool at H.A.S.S or if you have an OBD 2 reader or any of your friends then check what values does the fuel rail pressure give out with respect to the RPM of the engine.

These values should give you a faur idea regarding the fuel pump status.

Apart from this when was the fuel filter changed and when was the water-in fuel separator tank drained?

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd May 2014 at 22:41.

Most Viewed