Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2014, 07:22   #211
BANNED

re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
Oh. Thats sad :( Mine is a Nov 2010 model too. I had no problems for the first 1.5 years and 30000 kms I was using it in Bangalore. I was in Mumbai for the last 2 years and a driver was driving it for the last 2 years and 17000kms in Bangalore . Dont know if it got damaged due to that. Where exactly is the Ignite garage? I will probably get it done there as well. Will get a quote from a few Hyundai service centers before that. Thanks a lot.
Hi ignite is in chennai so probably you can look out for a good garage in your location.
joshguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 23:59   #212
Senior - BHPian

The car has completed 3 years and run 90000 km. Serviced it today at Advaith Hyundai, Outer Ring Road. As usual their service was great.

I had no complaints except for a noise from backside when driven over undulations. I thought the sound was coming from the hatch door. Later it was found out that the spare tire was not positioned properly which was causing the noise. I informed them about the K&N air filter and asked not to touch it.

Last time they had washed my car in spite of asking them not to do and they managed to spoil my detailing effort. This time however they honored my request and didn't touch the exterior of the car. I asked them to clean only the engine bay for which the answer was negative. Hyundai has strictly asked its service centers not to do engine bay washing since it has resulted it many ECU failures after it came in contact with water. They have installed huge displays stating the negatives of engine bay washing. However they agreed to blow the dust and clean with a moist cloth.

The repair order too had a seal stating the same:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-100_6777.jpg

The service cost breakup:
1. Mag Wheel Weights - 101.30
2. Engine Oil - 1430.11
3. Distilled Water 4 ltr - 73.34
4. Brake Fluid - 229.23
5. Coolant - 602.55
6. Filter cartridge - 1376.63
7. Oil Filter - 363.71
8. Grease - Caliper Guide Rod - 149.00
9. Parking Bulb - 39.52
10. Consumables - 200.00

Labor And Services:
1. Brake Bleeding - 125.00
2. brake O/H - 175.00
3. Diesel Filter Replacement - 150.00
4. Caliper Greasing - 235.00
5. Wheel balancing and alignment - 950.00
6. Periodic maintenance service - 1265.00

Tax - ~1000

Total: Rs. 8465/-

SA checked the clutch and said that its in great condition. The brake pads were checked and it still has life for about 5K km. The newly installed Minda Trumpets are doing a great job. The Yokohama A-Drives have completed 35K km and are still in very good condition.

My uncle did a small photo shoot of my car after it completed 90K km last week:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_2566.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_2596.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_2524.jpg

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 28th June 2014 at 00:08.
guyfrmblr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 18:39   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
The car has completed 3 years and run 90000 km.
90K and still on stock clutch, that needs some skill especially on bangalore roads.

Nice pics there!

Did you face the infamous steering vibration issue?
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 21:58   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
90K and still on stock clutch, that needs some skill especially on bangalore roads.
I don't encounter much B2B traffic on my way to office. That's the reason for the long life of the clutch.

Quote:
Nice pics there!
Thanks Arun. The credit goes to my uncle. The actual pics taken by him are in raw format and looks even more good. I have uploaded after converting to jpeg due to which there is a loss of quality.

Quote:
Did you face the infamous steering vibration issue?
No, I haven't faced any steering rattling issue. Not only steering, there is no rattling from any part of the car.
Old 2nd July 2014, 14:09   #215
BHPian

I have a problem with my i20 music system. It suddenly stopped functioning. None of the buttons would work except that of AC's. No FM, no USB or CD. Took the car to Advaith Hyundai to get it checked. The service man said that there is no issue with connection or fuse and hence asked me to get the music system checked from a shop on Double Road. I am surprised that Hyundai service center was not able to identify and rectify the problem. Have you ever faced an issue with i20's audio system? Any suggestion would help.
Old 2nd July 2014, 19:16   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The car has completed 3 years and run 90000 km. Serviced it today at Advaith Hyundai, Outer Ring Road. As usual their service was great...

Total: Rs. 8465/-...
A very very reasonable bill for the 90K service.

Quote:
...My uncle did a small photo shoot of my car after it completed 90K km last week:...
Beautiful pics!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 19:30   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
I have a problem with my i20 music system. It suddenly stopped functioning. None of the buttons would work except that of AC's. No FM, no USB or CD. Took the car to Advaith Hyundai to get it checked. The service man said that there is no issue with connection or fuse and hence asked me to get the music system checked from a shop on Double Road. I am surprised that Hyundai service center was not able to identify and rectify the problem.
You mentioned that the service guy said no problem with the connection. Are the button back lights glowing when you turn ON the lights? If they can't identify or rectify the problem, who else can do it? That's an irresponsible answer from them. Which Advaith Hyundai did you visit? If it's Bannerghatta road, contact Dinesh or if it's ORR, contact Vikram. I have interacted with these two SAs and are pretty knowledgeable. Is your car under warranty?

Quote:
Have you ever faced an issue with i20's audio system? Any suggestion would help
I haven't faced any issues with the audio system in my car.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 22:33   #218
BHPian

Quote:
You mentioned that the service guy said no problem with the connection. Are the button back lights glowing when you turn ON the lights? If they can't identify or rectify the problem, who else can do it? That's an irresponsible answer from them. Which Advaith Hyundai did you visit? If it's Bannerghatta road, contact Dinesh or if it's ORR, contact Vikram. I have interacted with these two SAs and are pretty knowledgeable. Is your car under warranty?
Vinay, the button lights don't glow. I was browsing through Hyundai forum and found that this seems to be a common problem with i20s in the UK. I had taken the car to Advaith Hyundai on Bannerghatta Road. My car is currently under 3rd year warranty. Also, the service person told me that music system cannot be replaced under warranty and hence I need to get it checked from a 3rd party vendor. He was bluffing I guess. As you have mentioned, I will go and meet Dinesh. Lastly, if nothing works out I need to take it up with Hyundai itself by lodging a complaint.
Old 18th August 2014, 10:49   #219
Senior - BHPian

Today morning a lorry was coming in my opposite direction. When I was about to cross the lorry, an idiot on a Duke tried overtaking the lorry in high speed in the gap between my car and the lorry. In this stunt process, the bike's handle hit my car's right side ORVM very hard after which he brushed against the lorry. Myself and the lorry guy stopped at the side to see if anything happened to the biker but the moron sped away after seeing both of us coming out of the vehicles. Looks like his stars were good today.

I then saw that the mirror had popped out and fallen somewhere on the road. I didn't try to pick up the mirror since the traffic was busy on the road. I checked the other functionalities like folding and indicator. All are working fine. Even the mirror adjustment unit which I have marked in the below picture too is working fine.

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1025.jpg

I'll go to the service center today itself as I can't drive without mirrors. I hope they'll replace only the mirror part. Hope they won't tell that entire assembly needs to be replaced which will cost a bomb.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 18th August 2014 at 10:54.
Old 18th August 2014, 11:03   #220
BHPian

Quote:
I then saw that the mirror had popped out and fallen somewhere on the road. I didn't try to pick up the mirror since the traffic was busy on the road. I checked the other functionalities like folding and indicator. All are working fine. Even the mirror adjustment unit which I have marked in the below picture too is working fine.

I'll go to the service center today itself as I can't drive without mirrors. I hope they'll replace only the mirror part. Hope they won't tell that entire assembly needs to be replaced which will cost a bomb.
Usually just the mirror is available for replacement. The mirror for some makes/models are expensive when it comes with heating. But for a plain mirror, it won't cost you much. Just a 1 min job fitting the new mirror.
Old 18th August 2014, 11:07   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Usually just the mirror is available for replacement. The mirror for some makes/models are expensive when it comes with heating. But for a plain mirror, it won't cost you much. Just a 1 min job fitting the new mirror.
This mirror hasn't got the heating functionality so the replacement will be a plain mirror. I just called my SA and he told that they can replace just the mirror and it costs below 500. He asked me to come this evening for the replacement.
Old 18th August 2014, 19:13   #222
Senior - BHPian

Got the mirror replaced at Advaith Hyundai this evening. SA checked and confirmed that only the mirror needs to be replaced as all the other functionalities were working fine. The dent to the pocket is Rs.435/-.

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1028.jpg

I have no idea how some folks drive with both the ORVMs folded. I was completely handicapped without the mirror and struggled to drive from Whitefield to Bellandur.
guyfrmblr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 20:30   #223
Senior - BHPian

The odometer reading is 96250. Its almost 7K km after the installation of K&N air filter and hence got it cleaned at Bay6 motorworks this evening. Lately I used to observe black smoke on medium to hard acceleration and its gone for good after cleaning the air filter. Also got a bottle of Stanadyne Performance Formula diesel additive. Will be adding it during the next tankful.
Old 3rd September 2014, 09:32   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...I have no idea how some folks drive with both the ORVMs folded. I was completely handicapped without the mirror and struggled to drive from Whitefield to Bellandur.
Tell me about it! But a thumb rule in Bangalore (which I found relevant) is "be rash to be on the safer side". The more we try to be decent and neat, the more we get bullied. Try a bit of acceleration and zig zag and people start "respecting" you and give space.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 10:54   #225
Senior - BHPian

Faced a peculiar problem while returning from office on Monday night. I was cruising at around 60 kmph at 1800 rpm in 4th gear when suddenly the accelerator went dead and felt as though someone was pressing the break mildly. Tried pressing the throttle but nothing happened. I immediately down shifted to 3rd gear and the accelerator came back to life. After driving for another 10 km, I was at second gear and the problem occurred again. This time I downshifted to 1st gear and the issue disappeared. The problem never occurred thereafter. I drove around 85 km yesterday and around 45 km this morning and didn't observe the issue. What could have caused the issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks